2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Why are you stirring this shit up again. IMO, hiding behind sovereign immunity makes every Tech contract a one year contract because they are liars and have proven it. We'll never be able to compete with Baylor over a coach again because Baylor's contracts have to be honored.
Why are you participating in it? If you want it to die down wouldn't you not get the discussion going again? Feel free to take your own advice.

Also, feel free to read the contract that Leach signed. Have you? I did. Go ahead and let me know where that contract was breached.

Good talk.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Why are you participating in it? If you want it to die down wouldn't you not get the discussion going again? Feel free to take your own advice.

Also, feel free to read the contract that Leach signed. Have you? I did. Go ahead and let me know where that contract was breached.

Good talk.
I can either let it die again or read the contract and respond. I doubt anything would come of the latter so I choose the former. Unlike last time we had this convo, when we had Tuberville changing defensive schemes annually, I actually like the head coach so the situation isn't as intolerable.

I still think using sovereign immunity to nullify a contract can make people suspicious of you, but I can also see people thinking "that was a special case, they wouldn't do that to me", and the guy that did it isn't there any more according to [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] and it happened a while ago so it's even less likely that people would hold that precedent against them.

At this point firing Mike Leach is as relevant to the school as letting Bill Parcells go to Air Force in 1978 instead of promoting him to head coach.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I can either let it die again or read the contract and respond. I doubt anything would come of the latter so I choose the former. Unlike last time we had this convo, when we had Tuberville changing defensive schemes annually, I actually like the head coach so the situation isn't as intolerable.

I still think using sovereign immunity to nullify a contract can make people suspicious of you, but I can also see people thinking "that was a special case, they wouldn't do that to me", and the guy that did it isn't there any more according to [MENTION=21]Iamtdg[/MENTION] and it happened a while ago so it's even less likely that people would hold that precedent against them.

At this point firing Mike Leach is as relevant to the school as letting Bill Parcells go to Air Force in 1978 instead of promoting him to head coach.

They didn't use sovereign immunity to nullify a contract. I have no idea what lead you to that conclusion. Leach was fired which ended his contract. There wasn't anything in his contract that would keep him from being fired for cause.

Sovereign immunity was used in court to defend against a lawsuit. It is the easiest and lowest hanging fruit to win the lawsuit. Still, the suit went forward to hires courts where the judge declared that he was fired justly. There basically isn't anyone that can defend Leach's behavior before and during the entire deal. He basically screwed himself over.

One thing I find extremely interesting in the two sides to this deal is you never will find a Leacher who also likes the administration. And you will never find a Hancer that supports Leach. It is pretty hilarious.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't give a damn what the courts say, he was unjustly fired. Of course, I don't side with our retarded justice system very often, so...

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, and I liked our administration that was in place when he got fired. I just hate Hance and Myers both.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
They didn't use sovereign immunity to nullify a contract. I have no idea what lead you to that conclusion. Leach was fired which ended his contract. There wasn't anything in his contract that would keep him from being fired for cause.

Sovereign immunity was used in court to defend against a lawsuit. It is the easiest and lowest hanging fruit to win the lawsuit. Still, the suit went forward to hires courts where the judge declared that he was fired justly. There basically isn't anyone that can defend Leach's behavior before and during the entire deal. He basically screwed himself over.

One thing I find extremely interesting in the two sides to this deal is you never will find a Leacher who also likes the administration. And you will never find a Hancer that supports Leach. It is pretty hilarious.
No one would know who Hance was if it wasn't for the Leach situation.

Cotton

Staff member
No one would know who Hance was if it wasn't for the Leach situation.
The ones that work at Tech in middle management and higher would know him well. Trust me.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
The ones that work at Tech in middle management and higher would know him well. Trust me.
I have lots of fiends that work at Tech. One of them runs a department and loves Hance to death. Best thing that ever happened to Tech he says.

Cotton

Staff member
I have lots of fiends that work at Tech. One of them runs a department and loves Hance to death. Best thing that ever happened to Tech he says.
He's a lucky guy. Unlike the (around) 150 people that lost their jobs while he was sitting in his throne.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That makes me think that you aren't very connected to Tech by any stretch.
I'm not an alum. I couldn't afford to go there, I graduated from Angelo State. I grew up following the football team because a lot of my family were alumni. The only thing about Tech I care about is the football team.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
He's a lucky guy. Unlike the (around) 150 people that lost their jobs while he was sitting in his throne.
Maybe you should be mad at Rick Perry for implementing a budget reduction for ALL of the major public universities in Texas. Or maybe the mortgage and banking industries for the recession? :unsure welcome to reality where things happen to rock the boat when the state budget is going down the crapper.

Damn you spoiled state employees are a real pain in the ass. I'm down for more cuts. There's a crapton of dead weight and lazy people working at Tech. Some of the easiest jobs in the world are on campus.

Cotton

Staff member
Maybe you should be mad at Rick Perry for implementing a budget reduction for ALL of the major public universities in Texas. Or maybe the mortgage and banking industries for the recession? :unsure

Damn you spoiled state employees are a real pain in the ass. I'm down for more cuts. There's a crapton of dead weight and lazy people working at Tech. Some of the easiest jobs in the world are on campus.
I hate Perry, too. And, I'm okay with cuts as long as they are done the right way. Taking almost 4 million out of internal circulation and handing it to a private company is not the way to go. Keep that circulating internally and let the university thrive. I understand creating jobs in the public populace, but at the hand of axing an entire department just to hand 4 million over to an external source is dumb to me.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I hate Perry, too. And, I'm okay with cuts as long as they are done the right way. Taking almost 4 million out of internal circulation and handing it to a private company is not the way to go. Keep that circulating internally and let the university thrive. I understand creating jobs in the public populace, but at the hand of axing an entire department just to hand 4 million over to an external source is dumb to me.
Outsourcing is a pretty common practice in major universities. Reorganizing administrative functions, assets and practices to save money over a period of time is smart business. What you should be pissed about is the inefficiencies of the university and governmental resources. The university is such a fat turd that it can't maneuver as well as a private business that is forced to compete. There's a bunch of people at Tech that do real work about 20 hours a week and then complains when stuff has to be cut back. The gravy train can't possibly last forever for all people. The bottom line is that real businesses can do it better, faster and cheaper than you government turds.

Aggy outsources 1600+ jobs. UT does. Everybody does now in the modern era. It saves serious money. UT saved 100 million dollars over several years by outsourcing. That is the life of budget cuts. It sounds like you wanta run that joint almost union like where everyone keeps their jobs and all needs are constantly met. In the free market or the real world things don't work like that. Us normal, non-government workers have to compete.

Cotton

Staff member
Outsourcing is a pretty common practice in major universities. Reorganizing administrative functions, assets and practices to save money over a period of time is smart business. What you should be pissed about is the inefficiencies of the university and governmental resources. The university is such a fat turd that it can't maneuver as well as a private business that is forced to compete. There's a bunch of people at Tech that do real work about 20 hours a week and then complains when stuff has to be cut back. The gravy train can't possibly last forever for all people. The bottom line is that real businesses can do it better, faster and cheaper than you government turds.

Aggy outsources 1600+ jobs. UT does. Everybody does now in the modern era. It saves serious money. UT saved 100 million dollars over several years by outsourcing. That is the life of budget cuts. It sounds like you wanta run that joint almost union like where everyone keeps their jobs and all needs are constantly met. In the free market or the real world things don't work like that. Us normal, non-government workers have to compete.
Ohio State University lost around 450 million dollars over the next 50 years by outsourcing it's parking department. Yes, it makes sense in some areas, but not in major departments, especially not auxiliary type departments that bring in tons of money to the university and keep that money circulating to other departments.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Ohio State University lost around 450 million dollars over the next 50 years by outsourcing it's parking department. Yes, it makes sense in some areas, but not in major departments, especially not auxiliary type departments that bring in tons of money to the university and keep that money circulating to other departments.
Was there a committee formed that did a study to find out what and how much money could be saved? We're there advisors involved? Was there a vote? I'm going to go ahead and say yes.

Lemme guess - when Tech reached an unprecedented 1 billion dollar endowment under Hances leadership he didn't do jack to make that happen.

When the university outsources Hance did ALL of it?

Hmm sounds like you hate the guy and have an agenda.

Cotton

Staff member
Was there a committee formed that did a study to find out what and how much money could be saved? We're there advisors involved? Was there a vote? I'm going to go ahead and say yes.

Lemme guess - when Tech reached an unprecedented 1 billion dollar endowment under Hances leadership he didn't do jack to make that happen.

When the university outsources Hance did ALL of it?

Hmm sounds like you hate the guy and have an agenda.
Hance got as lucky with Overly as Jerry got with Jimmy.

Nuff said.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Maybe we need a corruption in Texas government/schools thread. I'd love to bash Rick Perry and his scumbag associates but it seems like it should be in a forum not dedicated to football.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Maybe we need a corruption in Texas government/schools thread. I'd love to bash Rick Perry and his scumbag associates but it seems like it should be in a forum not dedicated to football.
The corruption in the Texas School System started long before Perry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom