2014 College Football Chatter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
At this juncture they still bring nothing to the table. Check back in three years and see If he made any difference.
It is not about simply being able to win games. Even if they could compete they don't bring anything to the conference that would make them want SMU. The Big 12 needs new markets.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It is not about simply being able to win games. Even if they could compete they don't bring anything to the conference that would make them want SMU. The Big 12 needs new markets.
I guess you took the bait also. Carp has his fishing cap on today.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
David Beaty will be the nect Kansas head coach. He is aTm's best recruiter.

Their OC will probably take the Tulsa HC job.

Their D coordinator is fired as well.
Losing Beaty will hurt he is a hell of a recruiter and good coach too, but Sumlin is our best recruiter and it's not like getting guys in is as hard as it once was for us. As for Spav good luck to him but he's not ready, hell he's not ready to be an oc tbh

Also it's a great advantage for Sumlin to say to potential assistants, that in three years at A&M he has produced five HCs from his ranks

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
They would be more attractive to another conference that wants a Texas recruiting trip and the DFW TV market.

I still think UCF and USF would be a Florida recruiting 1-2 punch, with a pretty good TV market addition as well.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Losing Beaty will hurt he is a hell of a recruiter and good coach too, but Sumlin is our best recruiter and it's not like getting guys in is as hard as it once was for us. As for Spav good luck to him but he's not ready, hell he's not ready to be an oc tbh

Also it's a great advantage for Sumlin to say to potential assistants, that in three years at A&M he has produced five HCs from his ranks
aTm won't struggle to recruit kids. Still, there is no doubt that Beaty is a great recruiter.

I don't think that recruits care about how many HCs were produced. It is a great feather in his hat though.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
They would be more attractive to another conference that wants a Texas recruiting trip and the DFW TV market.

I still think UCF and USF would be a Florida recruiting 1-2 punch, with a pretty good TV market addition as well.
Exactly.

The Big12 really pisses me off. It really sucks that that Texas was allowed to suck the life out of this conference. Props to aTm for finally flipping the bird to Texas and making a move. I hate those turds but the move was great for them. Mizzu never looked back either.

I would so love to go to the Pac12.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Exactly.

The Big12 really pisses me off. It really sucks that that Texas was allowed to suck the life out of this conference. Props to aTm for finally flipping the bird to Texas and making a move. I hate those turds but the move was great for them. Mizzu never looked back either.

I would so love to go to the Pac12.
Texas, TTU, Ok St, and Okla were close to joining the PAC 10 back when the musical chairs was going on. That would have made for an amazing conference.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Texas, TTU, Ok St, and Okla were close to joining the PAC 10 back when the musical chairs was going on. That would have made for an amazing conference.
It was a done deal until Texas refused to let go of their network. Those bastards screwed everything up as always.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I was so excited to dump this crap conference. The Pac 10 or 14 or whatever is ran very well. Those dudes have equal revenue sharing and seem to have things in order.

Could you imagine how fun that conference would have been?

Carp

DCC 4Life
I was so excited to dump this crap conference. The Pac 10 or 14 or whatever is ran very well. Those dudes have equal revenue sharing and seem to have things in order.

Could you imagine how fun that conference would have been?
It would have been great...and it could still happen really. Those 4 teams jump and then you have the PAC 16.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It would have been great...and it could still happen really. Those 4 teams jump and then you have the PAC 16.
That is the way it should be IMO. There are a crapton of dirty Texas politics to overcome though. You think Ken Starr blew the Monica Lewinsky thing up? Wait til you see what that sucker does if TTU and UT tried to blow the conference up.

D

Deuce

Texas isn't giving up their Longhorn Network for anybody and the Pac 12 isn't going to accomidate them.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Texas isn't giving up their Longhorn Network for anybody and the Pac 12 isn't going to accomidate them.
It is incredible how the Big 12 allowed that garbage. It essentially killed the option of having a Big 12 network which the Big 12 commissioner agreed to let happen. The aggots and everyone flipped the bird to UT and left. UT wants to live their existence like an independent while enjoying the safety of a conference. It is total BS.

Carp

DCC 4Life
What is even going on with that network? I can honestly say I don't know where the channel is or if they even have shown games on it.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
What is even going on with that network? I can honestly say I don't know where the channel is or if they even have shown games on it.
The channel pretty much sucks. You have to order it like the SEC Network.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
By comparison here are the deals:

in 2013 UT netted 3.98 million from the Longhorn Network.

In the same year EACH SEC team took in 28 million from the SEC Network.

What a load of crap.

D

Deuce

It is incredible how the Big 12 allowed that garbage. It essentially killed the option of having a Big 12 network which the Big 12 commissioner agreed to let happen. The aggots and everyone flipped the bird to UT and left. UT wants to live their existence like an independent while enjoying the safety of a conference. It is total BS.
That is exactly what it is, but the Big 12 didn't have a leg to stand on by telling them no. aTm did because they had other options, but schools like TT and Baylor had to go along with it because Texas knows they could've walked from the Big 12 and been just fine. Big 10, ACC or (at the time) Big East would have all taken them and their exclusive network deal and been happy as hell.

BYU was trying to pull the same stuff with the Big East/American conferences due to their exclusive rights deal with ESPN. They wouldn't back down so the conferences passed. Same reason why they won't be a fit for the Big 12 when they expand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom