2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cyprien won't make it to our 2nd so I'm looking for a solid DL prospect. Follow that up with a Swearinger/Quissenberry combo in the 3rd and I'm a happy man.
Short, Cyrpien, Swearinger, Thomas, Carradine, Moore, Okafor, and Montgomery.

There is still a shit ton of talent to be had when our second rounder comes up.

Carl

RIP Brother
Frederick was a solid second rounder. I don't think he was one of those "first guys off the board in the second" players, necessarily.

But this kinda player you see go "early" in that range a lot and it works out a lot. Think Kevin Zeitler at 27 last year, he was really a 2nd before the draft. Think James Carpenter going to the Seahawks at 25. Think Eric Wood to the Bills at 28.

These guys were second rounders and teams value OL and sometimes reach for those guys. They are safe picks, not sexy, which is why they are seconds, but Dallas needs keepers. I could take it if it works out like those above names did.
I realize this draft was rather unusual; but we just drafted the 9th OL taken with pick 31. Not that impressed. And he certainly wasn't even the consensus #1 at his spot. We are giving a ton of responsibility to Bill Callahan, is he up to it?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not the guy I had pegged, but get Warford at 47 and gets better. Frederick will start for sure.
I would have no problem picking Warford in the second either. Talk about rebuilding the interior of the O-line.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Norm is ranting because Jason Garrett promised everyone that the team would "be in a position to sit back and take the BPA" and that we didn't.

Well, Norm, Jason Garrett apparently wanted to sit tight and take Floyd. Jerry didn't.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Short, Cyrpien, Swearinger, Thomas, Carradine, Moore, Okafor, and Montgomery.

There is still a shit ton of talent to be had when our second rounder comes up.
We should have 2 of those 2nd round picks.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I realize this draft was rather unusual; but we just drafted the 9th OL taken with pick 31. Not that impressed. And he certainly wasn't even the consensus #1 at his spot.
Really? Who do you think was a better center prospect?

D

Deuce

I realize this draft was rather unusual; but we just drafted the 9th OL taken with pick 31. Not that impressed. And he certainly wasn't even the consensus #1 at his spot. We are giving a ton of responsibility to Bill Callahan, is he up to it?
He wasnt the consensus #1 C? Jones slipped a lot and Cooper is an OG.

gator

Brand New Member
Not the guy I had pegged, but get Warford at 47 and gets better. Frederick will start for sure.
I'd put the odds of this happening at under 5%.

1. He's not lasting until 47.
2. We won't go C/G in the 1st and the 2nd.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I'm guessing we didn't have any first round talent left on our board.
What "1st round talent" did we pass on for him? They only had 17 graded as such.
I'm talking guys worthy of being taken in the 1st round. I know we only had 17 first round grades, but by that measure I guess a late 2nd/3rd rounder like Frederic gets a "4th/5th" round grade.

Bottomline is there were a minimum of 12-15 players that should've gone ahead of Frederic. But I guess beating out Costa means he's worth taking at 31st, despite the fact a 4th or 5th rounder should be able to beat out Costa.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Subpar sprint time drops draft stock for UW's Travis Frederick

Wisconsin's Travis Frederick is going to become the slowest center drafted by a National Football League team in 20 years.

As the saying goes, the farther Frederick goes, the worse he looks. His new employer almost can forget about him ranging far afield on screens, knocking defenders off piles downfield, coming across the field on a reverse or recovering a fumble close to the boundary.

That became apparent Feb. 23 when Frederick lurched down the FieldTurf surface at the combine in a pair of 40-yard dashes clocked at 5.56 seconds.

"I thought he'd run at least 5.4," an executive in personnel said. "He's not a good athlete on tape, but I didn't think he'd run 5.6."

To think Frederick dropped an estimated 20 pounds in seven weeks and still looked awful caused some but certainly not all teams that liked him to reevaluate.

"Yes, the workout did expose him," said an AFC personnel man. "His feet are so (expletive) slow. He's beginning to scare me the more I watch him. Before, I had him 25 to 40. There's no way he goes first round now."

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/subpar-sprint-time-drops-draft-stock-for-uws-travis-frederick-rt9i5ug-203715111.html?ipad=y
Eh, come on, I don't think that he's going to be running 40 yards for us very often.

GForce78NJ

Not So New Member
I've come back from the ledge, but I still dislike the pick. Im glad we are bulking up the offensive line, but i would have much rather taken either Matt Elam at the safety position. There were better OL prospects available like Warford and Menelik Watson. Frederick will be a starter from day 1.

Still would take Shariff Floyd with the 18th pick, much more than picking up that third rounder

evedder7

Brand New Member
Remind me, what is the Cowboys connection to Wisconsin again? Flirtation with Chryst, drafting of A Johnson and Nagy.

D

Deuce

I've come back from the ledge, but I still dislike the pick. Im glad we are bulking up the offensive line, but i would have much rather taken either Matt Elam at the safety position. There were better OL prospects available like Warford and Menelik Watson. Frederick will be a starter from day 1.

Still would take Shariff Floyd with the 18th pick, much more than picking up that third rounder
I disagree about Watson.

as for Shariff, apparently you have to be a better pass rusher of you're going to be a top flight DT prospect. Not surprised by his fall.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Watson will be a bust, wanted nothing to do with him. Just wait and see.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Whatever. I'm just sick of waiting for this team to get a clue. We all have been fans for a long time and I'm just sick of Jerry. Maybe this pick won't turn out to suck but I'm not holding my breath. Just can't get excited about them anymore. Jerry has sucked out all of my passion for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom