2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotuseater

Banned
Yeah and I already forgot about Durant too. He and Carter will start. Sims and hollonan backing them up.....I can live with that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hey booze. I just got home from work, and don't have to work tomorrow. Cracking my first beer, and will be breaking the seal on a jug of Pendleton soon.

Would you like to discuss the draft now? :art

BipolarFuk

Demoted
We got a couple of CFN's best available day 3 players

RB Joseph Randle, Oklahoma State, 6-0, 204

Extremely slippery, he’s able to weave and work his way through the line with the ability to find a sliver of daylight, make a cut and go. While he’s not a blazer, he’s quick enough to get by and he plays smaller than his size — a positive — when he needs to find a way to get a key yard. He’ll need blocking and isn’t going to bust out big dashes, but he can be an ultra-reliable feature back who handles the ball 20 times a game.

CFN Projection: Third round

DRAFTED: Fifth round (151st overall) by Cowboys

CB B.W. Webb, William & Mary, 5-10, 184

A nearly perfect athletic prospect, he has 4.4 speed with cut-on-a-dime quickness and cutting ability and jump-out-of-the-stadium leaping skills. He’s not going to be The Guy for a pro secondary after being able to do whatever he wanted, and he’s not going to bring too much help in run support. However, his talents, versatility and kick return skills will make him a near-perfect nickel defender.

CFN Projection: Third round

DRAFTED: Fourth round (114th overall) by Cowboys

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I think the Escobar pick is a move to give Witten some relief during the season. He is bound to start running down some.
We are hellbent on having a two TE offense. Have no doubt that when Witten retires we'll use another high pick on a TE to pair with Escobar, if he's still here.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I remember in the days before Twitter when Peppi Zellner talked about what he was going to unleash on the NFL.

I dunno, I like Holloman and I am rooting for him.
Maybe he is bipolar also.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
After watching the war room camera the last couple of days, Garrett is more neutered and Jerry is in even more control than I had ever imagined...and that's saying alot. Not only did Jerry totally dominate in that room but Stephen was the next main personality. Garrett was basically in line with retarded grandson but the grandson will be here a year from now.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
After watching the war room camera the last couple of days, Garrett is more neutered and Jerry is in even more control than I had ever imagined...and that's saying alot. Not only did Jerry totally dominate in that room but Stephen was the next main personality. Garrett was basically in line with retarded grandson but the grandson will be here a year from now.
And this is surprising, how? Anybody with any common sense and does NOT have their head up their ass already knew this.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I hate that we drafted Frederick with our first round pick. I'd have been fine with him at #47.

I hate the Escobar pick because we've been down this road before and we've failed miserably each time. Hanna can do what they are asking Escobar to do. They could have tweak the scheme as our GM/coach demanded and used Hanna in that second TE role.

The Wilcox bothers me as well. Again we've been down this road before. This will be another small school safety who can't adjust to the NFL.

The OL and DL held this team back in 2012 and for some unknown reason the people in charge don't feel the need to go all in to rebuild those areas.
First two rounds were a total cluster. That bungled trade down...no way we should only get a 3rd to move down 13 spots in round one. Should've been either a late 2nd...or 3rd plus 4th.Then to take a borderline 2nd/3rd round OL at 31 was ridiculous.
99.9% certain he would've still been there at 47. And the next two centers lasted til the 4th. Could've easily had Elam/Cyprien + Frederick. And that would've also spared us fricking Escobar in the 2nd.

Other than that the biggest problem with this draft isn't necessarily taking bad players it's the entire philosophy on how to build a team. I mean we could take a DB in every round and have that player be good value when picked. But loading up on just DB's would be retarded overall. Taking another TE, plus 2 more DB's while the only OL/DL was a 1st round reach equates to a poor overall draft class despite the fact that several of these picks may be good players.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
And this is surprising, how? Anybody with any common sense and does NOT have their head up their ass already knew this.
I guess just actually seeing it rather than hearing about it made me even more nauseous.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Get this, last two drafts we've used a total of 5 picks in the first 4 rounds on DB's. In the entire '12 and '13 drafts we took 1 OL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We are hellbent on having a two TE offense. Have no doubt that when Witten retires we'll use another high pick on a TE to pair with Escobar, if he's still here.
I'm guessing Escobar will be leaving 4 years from now. I'm guessing Witten is still here another 5 years. So yeah we will be using another second round pick on a TE within the next 4 years.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Cowboys UDFA signings:

Jeff Heath, DB, Saginaw Valley State
Brandon Magee, LB, Arizonas State
James Vandenberg, QB, Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom