2013 NFL Draft Chatter Thread--25-27 Apr

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Feh. Fair value. Escobar's useful if he blocks. It'll keep our shit depth at WR off the field if he's good.
Please.

Garrett couldn't even get Hanna on the field last year when it was clear Phillips had checked out.

Him trying to get two pass catching TEs on the field should be amusing.

I predict Escobar is inactive for the first few games until his Sooper Genius figures out how to do it.

Carl

RIP Brother
Escobar is the lowest rated player selected so far with the exception of Alonso Kiko, according to Ourlads.
But their scouting report on him is very good. All that is lacking is in-line blocking strength. I'd say he would be a solid mid Rd 3 pick. Better players were available here though.

Cowboysrule122

Brand New Member
Escobar is definitely a good TE. My question is with Witten and Hanna when does he see the field?

Hanna might lose his job.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I swear Jerry was going after jersey sales there. At least a little bit.

Carl

RIP Brother
So how did you hear this so early? It wasn't announced on the Ticket till minutes later. And not until after that on ESPN.

If you check back, I posted it before VA. There is an audio feed on DC.com war room.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
And I don't know why because that dumbass has no clue as to how to use his 2nd TE.
Well that makes no sense. He clearly has a vision for how he wants to use two TEs. Otherwise he wouldn't keep sinking picks into them.

I don't understand what this guy gives us that Hannah doesn't though.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I'd love for one of the retards in charge to please explain to me why they continuously burn 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks on players who will only be role players or backups. I'm really interested in hearing the logic behind their thinking.

Conventional NFL logic is that you use those early round picks on players who you hope will start within a year or two.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Amerson got burnt up a lot last year. Marginal receivers destroyed him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The Giants and Steelers sit there and take good players that fit their general philosophies and then use them.

We always seem to be obsessed with finding players that can specialize in weird ways we want to use them or for subpackages that we want to run. It's like we identify sub-starter roles we want to fill, thinking that those roles are the make-or-break differences between winning or losing, and then go target players to fill those niches.

It's the backwards way to run a team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom