10 dead in Oregon Community College shooting

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Oregon Shooting Hero Who Was Shot Seven Times: “If Only We’d Had Ben Carson”

Oregon Shooting Hero Who Was Shot Seven Times: “If Only We’d Had Ben Carson”

Ever since the shooting last week at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, in which nine people died and I was shot seven times while trying to stop the gunman, I’ve just been thinking – if only Republican Presidential candidate Ben Carson had been there.

I was lying here in my hospital room with my two broken legs, watching Ben Carson talk on TV about what he would have done if he’d been at the shooting and it made me rethink everything. I blocked a doorway with my body to keep the gunman from entering our classroom and he shot me in the stomach, back, hands and legs, which slowed him down and probably kept him from killing as many people…but what if Ben Carson had been there? He made it clear on Fox News that he would’ve said, “Hey, guys, everybody attack him! He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.” Wow. That is what I should have done.

Life is full of regrets and my biggest one will always be that Ben Carson wasn’t with us on October 1st to pause for fifteen seconds to announce to the shooter that we were all going to attack him. Some people might say, “Hey, it seems like you did do what Ben Carson is suggesting he would have done, but faster and with less talking?” But I really think adding “Hey, guys” to that scenario would have saved us all. Let’s face it: I am an Army veteran and was awarded the National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and Army Service Ribbon. And Ben Carson is a doctor – who do you think is more qualified to act in a high-stress gun situation? That’s right, first-time, wannabe politician, Ben Carson.

If anyone deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom, it’s Ben Carson. Yes, I’m the one who did something that day to save lives, but Ben is the one who would have done something by talking about his plan before acting. So please, let’s give him the recognition he deserves and take all seven bullets out of my body and put them in Ben Carson.

townsend

Banned
Ever since the shooting last week at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, in which nine people died and I was shot seven times while trying to stop the gunman, I’ve just been thinking – if only Republican Presidential candidate Ben Carson had been there.

I was lying here in my hospital room with my two broken legs, watching Ben Carson talk on TV about what he would have done if he’d been at the shooting and it made me rethink everything. I blocked a doorway with my body to keep the gunman from entering our classroom and he shot me in the stomach, back, hands and legs, which slowed him down and probably kept him from killing as many people…but what if Ben Carson had been there? He made it clear on Fox News that he would’ve said, “Hey, guys, everybody attack him! He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.” Wow. That is what I should have done.

Life is full of regrets and my biggest one will always be that Ben Carson wasn’t with us on October 1st to pause for fifteen seconds to announce to the shooter that we were all going to attack him. Some people might say, “Hey, it seems like you did do what Ben Carson is suggesting he would have done, but faster and with less talking?” But I really think adding “Hey, guys” to that scenario would have saved us all. Let’s face it: I am an Army veteran and was awarded the National Defense Service Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and Army Service Ribbon. And Ben Carson is a doctor – who do you think is more qualified to act in a high-stress gun situation? That’s right, first-time, wannabe politician, Ben Carson.

If anyone deserves the Presidential Medal of Freedom, it’s Ben Carson. Yes, I’m the one who did something that day to save lives, but Ben is the one who would have done something by talking about his plan before acting. So please, let’s give him the recognition he deserves and take all seven bullets out of my body and put them in Ben Carson.
:lol that's like bragging that the army issued you a pair of shoes. The McDonalds Ribbon and the GWoT are impossible not to get.

Top Bottom