Free Agency/Cuts/Signings Chatter Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
ESPN - Giants agree with former Broncos DE Robert Ayers on 2-year deal worth about $4M, source confirms to ESPN

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Feh. I feel like we have guys like Ayers. No sense in spending 2 mil per season "just because."

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Feh. I feel like we have guys like Ayers. No sense in spending 2 mil per season "just because."
Ayers is probably better against the run than Selvie but worse in pass rush. Not sure we have a guy of his caliber, though, unless we're counting on Crawford. Am I blanking on someone?

Given that we spent $1m on Mincey, I would have spent an extra million on Ayers and felt confident I had a starting caliber LE. Whereas with Mincey, I feel like I have a guy I don't want to put on the field.

dallen

Senior Tech
Ayers is decent. I'd have liked to have him for that contract

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Worst. Free agency. Ever.
Until you realize that you have the best owner in professional sports.

One who will stop at nothing to win.

Did you hear me?

NOTHING!

So turn that frown around and into more of a grimace if you can't produce anything a little more cheerful, knowing full well that the rest of the NFL has gotten swindled.

Cotton

Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Ayers is probably better against the run than Selvie but worse in pass rush. Not sure we have a guy of his caliber, though, unless we're counting on Crawford. Am I blanking on someone?

Given that we spent $1m on Mincey, I would have spent an extra million on Ayers and felt confident I had a starting caliber LE. Whereas with Mincey, I feel like I have a guy I don't want to put on the field.
I agree. I'd rather have Ayers than Mincey any day.

Cotton

Staff member
Redskins sign Colt McCoy. I guess they aren't comfortable with Cousins throwing to DJax when RGIII inevitably goes down again.

data

Forbes #1
Weeden >>>>>>> McCoy

:lol. How hilariously pathetic if injuries forced this to be the matchup on SNF.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Redskins sign Colt McCoy. I guess they aren't comfortable with Cousins throwing to DJax when RGIII inevitably goes down again.
Nah. It just means Grossman won't be back.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Bears considered former Raider/Texan Mike Brisel before bringing him back. He's a guy I would look at as a cheap vet as he has a history in our zone scheme and with Pollack.

Top Bottom