Week 6 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Seahawks | 10/12/2014

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Best game pressure wise we've had this year, IMO.

I just hope the sacks start coming soon.
Sacks are good no doubt, but I couldn't care less as long as we are hitting the quarterback like we did today.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Melton played well again too, and he's not even at 100%.

He has a good knack for getting his hands on passes too, and that one he had on 3rd down was big.

Cotton

Staff member
Speaking of, the secondary was great today. Wilson had lots of time on a lot of plays and he couldn't find anyone open. Just a great defensive performance all around.

Cotton

Staff member
Oh, and Lawrence isn't even back. Imagine our defense with his pressure.

Cotton

Staff member
My head is about to explode.

data

Forbes #1
I gotta re-watch the game to see how our DTs shut down Marshawn's running lanes.

I saw Crawford on a couple plays hold his position at the LOS.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Oh, and Lawrence isn't even back. Imagine our defense with his pressure.
I said it the other day, in a perfect world, Lawrence comes back and provides immediate pressure, Spencer gets healthier and gets back to the Spencer of old, Melton gets healthier and his play improves, and all of a sudeen we have a solid D-line.

I hope it all works out that way.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
I have to wonder why Marshawn Lynch had so few carries.
They barely had the ball, and outside of the one 32 yard run, Lynch wasn't able to get anything going when they gave him the rock. Just a good job controlling the ball by our offense and a good job by our defense of getting them off the field on 3rd downs.

22cowboysfan22

Brand New Member
I said it the other day, in a perfect world, Lawrence comes back and provides immediate pressure, Spencer gets healthier and gets back to the Spencer of old, Melton gets healthier and his play improves, and all of a sudeen we have a solid D-line.

I hope it all works out that way.
Yep, and hopefully Carter gets healthy as well. He was playing very well before he got hurt, and Wilber is definitely a weak spot at LB.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep, and hopefully Carter gets healthy as well. He was playing very well before he got hurt, and Wilber is definitely a weak spot at LB.
Yup, if that was him instead of Wilbur on that pass play, it's a pick 6.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They barely had the ball, and outside of the one 32 yard run, Lynch wasn't able to get anything going when they gave him the rock. Just a good job controlling the ball by our offense and a good job by our defense of getting them off the field on 3rd downs.
Even on the long run we had guys in position to stop that play. It was just rare poor tackling by our defense. Props to Marinelli, the defense was extremely disciplined today.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
All you new born homers make me sick.

Can I at least get a DIAF JERRY?

D

Deuce

I'm 3 for 3 on the year with the Gameday Chatter Thread.

I CANT BE STOPPED!!!!
There is something else at work here as well, but I won't post on it. Saying it out loud is like talking to the pitcher during a no hitter.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Man, I'm still excited.

We just played so damn good today. So many guys played well on both sides of the ball.

Scandrick, Moore, Carr, and Church all made great plays in the passing game to break up passes that would've resulted in points or a 3rd down conversion.

Both our passing TD's were a result of great protection that allowed Romo to get to what seemed like his 3rd read.

Just a fantastic performance by this team.

Top Bottom