NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
Chalmers is killing the Heat. So many dumb plays, poor shooting, etc. I'd sit him, start Allen, and let LBJ and Wade handle PG duties. Coles would get more minutes too.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Chalmers is killing the Heat. So many dumb plays, poor shooting, etc. I'd sit him, start Allen, and let LBJ and Wade handle PG duties. Coles would get more minutes too.
This is why I said at the beginning of the season about how I didn't think Miami would win another championship with the 3-guys-then-cross-your-fingers formula.

They are hoping that Chalmers and guys like Rashard Lewis can give them something, but they can't count on it. And when those inconsistent role players of theirs don't show up, they get in a ton of trouble.

The same thing happened to them last year, and they were a Ginobili or Kawae Leonard made free throw from losing those finals.

Carp

DCC 4Life
This is why I said at the beginning of the season about how I didn't think Miami would win another championship with the 3-guys-then-cross-your-fingers formula.

They are hoping that Chalmers and guys like Rashard Lewis can give them something, but they can't count on it. And when those inconsistent role players of theirs don't show up, they get in a ton of trouble.

The same thing happened to them last year, and they were a Ginobili or Kawae Leonard made free throw from losing those finals.
Lewis has been excellent...he has been better than they could have hoped for. Chalmers though...horrid.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Another very good start for San Antonio.

Miami cannot afford to lose this game, so they better figure things out fast.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
20 point lead for San Antonio.

That's not an insurmountable lead, but is it an insurmountable lead for Miami right now against this Spurs team?

Going back to last game, it just looks like Miami does t have an answer for the Spurs.

On the other hand, if the Spurs don't win tonight after holding a 20 point lead, it could be as big as failing to close out Miami last year in game 6.

D

Deuce

Spurs have just completely outclassed Miami in 5 of the last 6 quarters. The old, boring Spurs have been anything but.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Heat are just throwing up shit and hoping now...so many shots near the hoop challenged and they are not taking it strong enough. Offensive sets are off and they are just horrible defensively. Much has to do with just how good this Spurs team is and all their players are completely settled into their roles.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Spurs ball movement is just so damn good, and now they get a 3 to go up 24.

This one's over - game, and series.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Spurs just all over the boards in this one too.

They're just flat out better.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That last pass from Ray Allen sums up the night for Miami.....just absolutely lazy and careless.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Spurs are putting on a fundamental clinic over these last 2 games.

The ball movement, the spacing, the defense - just a master class in basic basketball.

D

Deuce

For once, I'm actually jealous of 1bigfan getting to listen to Miami sports radio tomorrow.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
If I'm Miami, and Lebron agrees to come back, I let Wade walk and I throw his money at Carmelo.

Wade is still a good player, but he's not a dominant one anymore and he's always battling injuries.

6 points tonight so far for him in this one, and they cannot count on him to be a difference maker on a nightly basis any longer.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Spurs getting sloppy with their passing now. Good timeout taken by Pop to get them to get back to basics.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Right back to the good ball movement fresh out of the timeout for a 3.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
For once, I'm actually jealous of 1bigfan getting to listen to Miami sports radio tomorrow.
You know I'm looking forward to it.

It's like Christmas Eve when you're a kid where I'll probably have trouble sleeping because I'll be too excited about getting to listen to all the whimpering and whining in the morning.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Heat look a lot like the Cavs in Lebron's final 2 years there.

All Lebron and not much of anything else.

As an aside, when the Spurs when this thing picking the Finals MVP is going to be tough. No one has really stood out. Could it be Boris Diaw? Sounds funny suggesting that but he's been one of there most consistent players this series. Leonard has been great these past two games but he no-showed in both San Antonio games.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
20 points, 14 boards, 3 blocks, 3 steals for Kawae Leonard.

That is some kind of game.

Top Bottom