The Great Police Work Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cops have shot 3 different people in the back while handcuffed in Bay Area alone in the last 10 years. One metropolitan area!! In comparison their are about 20 officer shooting deaths a year across he country across the dozens if different kinds of agencies.
I'd like to see proof of that statement.

jeebs

Brand New Member
You haven't once answered my rebuttals about why the hand should be on the gun. All you do is focus on the cops that are naughty. Which is probably like 5% of the cops out there. But, it's all you got. So, carry on arguing the same ole shit without a real point.
Your default position is that a cop should have his hand on his gun and is justified in his fear, my default position is the opposite.

We both recognize situations when the others position would be the correct one (I think we do).

Cotton

Staff member
Well, given from what I have seen of their actions, they sure fear one a fuck ton more than the other.
How much have you seen from how a cop fears death by driving? Good lord, man.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I'd like to see proof of that statement.
63 cops dies last year, 23 in shootings
45 dies the year befor that, for have the shooting numbers.

You want more accurate numbers google officer fatalities and them do a little digging to find a site that actually breaks out shootings from heart attacks (from their fat asses eating donuts).

As far as shooting people handcuffed in the back, I just know that from watching the news. They did it 8 years ago when I was a senior in college, and they were rioting 2 years ago about the same thing. Google it and you will find them.

Cotton

Staff member
There's about 300,000 cops in America, so 5% is still 60,000 people and they can do a lot of damage. Public trust in the police is important and rooting out the bad apples so people, especially minorities who are less likely to trust them, can cooperate without feeling threatened will do more overall for the police mission than buying more military hardware.
5% of 300,000 is 15k, FYI. Not 60k. 15k over a country of 275 million is pretty sparse.

jeebs

Brand New Member
How much have you seen from how a cop fears death by driving? Good lord, man.
I have seen the way they drive without a care in the world, speeding while on the phone, and I can compare that to their jumpiness when having to interact with people.

So is your new position that cops fear traffic accident and shooting at traffic stops equally? You have dumbest positions, tell me more about the huge birth rates during famine...

Cotton

Staff member
63 cops dies last year, 23 in shootings
45 dies the year befor that, for have the shooting numbers.

You want more accurate numbers google officer fatalities and them do a little digging to find a site that actually breaks out shootings from heart attacks (from their fat asses eating donuts).

As far as shooting people handcuffed in the back, I just know that from watching the news. They did it 8 years ago when I was a senior in college, and they were rioting 2 years ago about the same thing. Google it and you will find them.
Perfectly good proof right there.

jeebs

Brand New Member
5% of 300,000 is 15k, FYI. Not 60k. 15k over a country of 275 million is pretty sparse.
Yea, but their aunt 275 million cops and 15k is a big proportion of 300,000. Shit dot you even see how sick your justification is? 15k is an even smaller portion of 6 billion, but that number ain't fucking relevant.

Cotton

Staff member
I have seen the way they drive without a care in the world, speeding while on the phone, and I can compare that to their jumpiness when having to interact with people.

So is your new position that cops fear traffic accident and shooting at traffic stops equally? You have dumbest positions, tell me more about the huge birth rates during famine...
I have the dumbest positions? :lol

Coming from the guy that can't decipher civility from anarchy.

Cotton

Staff member
Yea, but their aunt 275 million cops and 15k is a big proportion of 300,000. Shit dot you even see how sick your justification is? 15k is an even smaller portion of 6 billion, but that number ain't fucking relevant.
Yeah, it's 5%. I believe I said that.

Cotton

Staff member
I can only lead a horse to water (google) can't make him drink.
It's on you to prove your argument. I'm not doing it for you.

Cotton

Staff member
I bet cops are scared of snakes more than traffic stops, too.

/anarchist

jeebs

Brand New Member
It's on you to prove your argument. I'm not doing it for you.
This I disagree. If we were talking about whether the us or russia won the space race. And I said us because we got to the moon first, is the burden if proof on me to show that we went to the moon? Or is my job to prove that since we went to the moon, that is what should give us victory in the space race.

If in the course of that argument you wanted proof we actually went to the moon, I would feel justified in saying google it for yourself.

Cotton

Staff member
This I disagree. If we were talking about whether the us or russia won the space race. And I said us because we got to the moon first, is the burden if proof on me to show that we went to the moon? Or is my job to prove that since we went to the moon, that is what should give us victory in the space race.

If in the course of that argument you wanted proof we actually went to the moon, I would feel justified in saying google it for yourself.
You stated actual numbers. So, yeah, it's on you to prove those numbers.

jeebs

Brand New Member
I bet cops are scared of snakes more than traffic stops, too.

/anarchist
Video tape police, and actually enforce the laws against them like is done with everyone else, and I would have no problem with police. Not exactly an anarchist.

Just remember, a cop is far more likely to shoot a member if the public then to be shot by them. 23 cops killed by guns last year, any desire to guess how many people they killed? But yea, they are the ones who should be afraid.

Cotton

Staff member
Video tape police, and actually enforce the laws against them like is done with everyone else, and I would have no problem with police. Not exactly an anarchist.
I don't have any problem with that.

Just remember, a cop is far more likely to shoot a member if the public then to be shot by them. 23 cops killed by guns last year, any desire to guess how many people they killed? But yea, they are the ones who should be afraid.
The cops are better shots? :shrug

Top Bottom