NBA Chatter Thread

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Rumor has it that if Carmelo leaves the Knicks (seems a certainty) he wants to go to the Lakers, Clippers or Bulls.

If he really wants to join the Clippers or Bulls he'd probably need to take a paycut and considering the Lakers situation that seems the only way he's going to win anytime soon. If he's willing to take around 16-18 a year I'd take him in a second, let Deng walk, amnesty Boozer, probably look to get rid of Dunleavy in a trade and have a lineup of Rose/Butler/Anthony/Gibson or Mirotic/Noah, with either Gibson or Mirotic off the bench, along with whatever picks we end up with.

If Rose is healthy that is probably the most balanced starting 5 in the league.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Rose being healthy? That is a big IF.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How do the Bulls pay Anthony? You don't have cap room even if Deng walks without also trading Boozer and Dunleavy. And Mirotic is gonna get a counter offer from Real Madrid so he may not be cheap either.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
How do the Bulls pay Anthony? You don't have cap room even if Deng walks without also trading Boozer and Dunleavy. And Mirotic is gonna get a counter offer from Real Madrid so he may not be cheap either.
Amnesty Boozer.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
My understanding is that you only clear the difference between his current contract and what someone else pays him.

If he signs elsewhere for cheap, it may not be enough.
I'm pretty sure it's the salary that is totally cleared off the cap but the team pays the cash difference between whatever the new team is paying the player and the amount he was supposed to receive under the contract he was amnestied from.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm pretty sure it's the salary that is totally cleared off the cap but the team pays the cash difference between whatever the new team is paying the player and the amount he was supposed to receive under the contract he was amnestied from.
Ohh, I see.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Outside of the Spurs, the Rockets have not looked good at all when facing the real contenders of the league.

They've suffered way too many blowouts against those teams.
The only blowouts have been 2 games Indy, and OKC they beaten or have blown big leads against all of the other top western conference teams.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I was shocked at how uninterested the Rockets appeared. Usually teams save their best for teams like OKC and Miami. Those are marquee matchups where you're looking to send a message and measure yourself.

I wonder if Harden's foot is still bothering him because he was nowhere near as aggressive as he usually is.

As an aside, Kevin Durant was definitely amped for this matchup. He had that "I'm not f'ing around" look in his eyes last night. He needs to take that intensity into his matchups against LeBron and stop with the buddy-buddy crap.
They were missing easy shots early and did not have the energy to maintain after playing 4 games in 5 days.

Harden is hurt and he plays a ton of minutes so he has been very hit or miss, the biggest problem is that we are getting nothing out of the bench these days since Lin is starting and Beverly is out.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Rumor has it that if Carmelo leaves the Knicks (seems a certainty) he wants to go to the Lakers, Clippers or Bulls.

If he really wants to join the Clippers or Bulls he'd probably need to take a paycut and considering the Lakers situation that seems the only way he's going to win anytime soon. If he's willing to take around 16-18 a year I'd take him in a second, let Deng walk, amnesty Boozer, probably look to get rid of Dunleavy in a trade and have a lineup of Rose/Butler/Anthony/Gibson or Mirotic/Noah, with either Gibson or Mirotic off the bench, along with whatever picks we end up with.

If Rose is healthy that is probably the most balanced starting 5 in the league.
How is Rose and Mello together a balanced starting 5.:lol

Come on Simp you know basketball better than that having Melo and Rose starting together is a disaster, and that's not even thinking about how bad their defense is.

How do Rose and Melo work together who will change their game to complement the other?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Good thing the Sooners won that big game, because the Thunder somehow lost to the Nets.

:lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
How is Rose and Mello together a balanced starting 5.:lol

Come on Simp you know basketball better than that having Melo and Rose starting together is a disaster, and that's not even thinking about how bad their defense is.

How do Rose and Melo work together who will change their game to complement the other?
Because Melo can space the floor with his shooting while also being a secondary ball-handler who can draw double teams away from Rose. Mirotic spaces the floor with his 3 point shooting while Butler and Noah are defensive stoppers and two of the better rebounders in the league at their position.

Rose and Melo would have to learn how to play together for sure since both are used to having the ball in their hands but as long as they don't just take turns going iso all the elements are there in that starting 5, ball-handling, shooting, rebounding and defense.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Good thing the Sooners won that big game, because the Thunder somehow lost to the Nets.

Yeah, I'm not even mad, but still......how the hell do you lose to a team like the Nets? At home no less.

I recorded the game and I'm debating whether I should watch it or not.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Because Melo can space the floor with his shooting while also being a secondary ball-handler who can draw double teams away from Rose. Mirotic spaces the floor with his 3 point shooting while Butler and Noah are defensive stoppers and two of the better rebounders in the league at their position.

Rose and Melo would have to learn how to play together for sure since both are used to having the ball in their hands but as long as they don't just take turns going iso all the elements are there in that starting 5, ball-handling, shooting, rebounding and defense.
Melo is not a catch and shoot guy neither is Rose, and both want to be the primary scorer so who do you think will really make that drastic change?

Do you really ever see Melo accepting a secondary role?

Jiggyfly

Banned
Yeah, I'm not even mad, but still......how the hell do you lose to a team like the Nets? At home no less.

I recorded the game and I'm debating whether I should watch it or not.
Dam losing to Toronto and the Nets at home in the space of 2 weeks. :lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Melo is not a catch and shoot guy neither is Rose, and both want to be the primary scorer so who do you think will really make that drastic change?

Do you really ever see Melo accepting a secondary role?
If Melo's desire really is to win a title before he gets too old then yes I could see him doing so. I could also see Rose deferring more as well, although it's tough to say what his game would look like at all right now.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Since we have limited board history I can't confirm this, but board Bulls fans used to hate Carmelo...now he is the key to turning around the franchise.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Since we have limited board history I can't confirm this, but board Bulls fans used to hate Carmelo...now he is the key to turning around the franchise.

I was thinking the exact same thing but you also have to remember there was also some talk of how they were glad that Lebron did not go there because he was not clutch enough.

Top Bottom