NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That was one heck of an alley oop by Wade/Lebron.

I don't think I've ever seen one quite like that before.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That was sweet.
I've seen some off the backboard where one guy is directly trailing the other, but I don't ever recall seeing one like that where the assist man threw it off the backboard from the angle Wade did it from and with a guy going along the opposite baseline.

Lebron caught it with this off hand for good measure too.

D

Deuce

I've seen some off the backboard where one guy is directly trailing the other, but I don't ever recall seeing one like that where the assist man threw it off the backboard from the angle Wade did it from and with a guy going along the opposite baseline.

Lebron caught it with this off hand for good measure too.
It was nice, but apparently you never watched any And 1 videos back in the day. People would throw all kinds of crazy alley oops in that thing.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It was nice, but apparently you never watched any And 1 videos back in the day. People would throw all kinds of crazy alley oops in that thing.
Well yea, but I'm talking NBA.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Last night's Portland/Clippers game was great. Portland doesn't have much defense but man can they shoot.

Lillard is a little too hot and cold for my liking, that's why I still don't think the Blazers would beat OKC or SA in a 7 game series.

The Clippers are still a question mark as well. When Redick returns they'll be better but as with the Trailblazers, I don't think the Clippers play enough defense either.

Kenny Smith made a good point about the Rockets that also applies to the Clippers. He said on a scale of 1 to 10 you can beat the Rockets playing at a level 5 or 6 because they're not consistent and will play down to the competition. So you don't have to necessarily play a good game to beat the Rockets. I think that's also true with the Clippers. Whereas with a team like the Spurs you have to at least play at a level 8 to beat them because they're going to play well almost every night.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Last night's Portland/Clippers game was great. Portland doesn't have much defense but man can they shoot.

Lillard is a little too hot and cold for my liking, that's why I still don't think the Blazers would beat OKC or SA in a 7 game series.

The Clippers are still a question mark as well. When Redick returns they'll be better but as with the Trailblazers, I don't think the Clippers play enough defense either.

Kenny Smith made a good point about the Rockets that also applies to the Clippers. He said on a scale of 1 to 10 you can beat the Rockets playing at a level 5 or 6 because they're not consistent and will play down to the competition. So you don't have to necessarily play a good game to beat the Rockets. I think that's also true with the Clippers. Whereas with a team like the Spurs you have to at least play at a level 8 to beat them because they're going to play well almost every night.
Spurs and OKC are clearly the two best teams in the West, it's tough to say who is third, and I don't really think anybody in the West has much of a shot at those top 2 barring injury/old age, but if I had to put money down on number 3 right now I'd probably go with Portland.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Spurs and OKC are clearly the two best teams in the West, it's tough to say who is third, and I don't really think anybody in the West has much of a shot at those top 2 barring injury/old age, but if I had to put money down on number 3 right now I'd probably go with Portland.
I don't see the Spurs making it to the WCF I think they look old this year, there system will keep them a plus 50 win team but i think the playoffs will expose a lot of weaknesses.

I like Portland but they shoot a lot of jumpers, and I don't think that translates well come playoff time all of the other top teams at least get a lot of shots at the rim.

Houston needs better pg play to make it to the WCF.

1bigfan13

Staff member
OKC has jumped out to a 11-0 lead on the Rockets.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Mavs are 17-13, which gives them the 8th seed in the west.

If they were in the east, they'd be the 3rd seed. :lol

1bigfan13

Staff member
Ace & Jiggy, the Thunder made quick work of your Rockets tonight. :lol

The Rockets need more practice.

Jiggyfly

Banned

Yeah that was a real whhoopin, I think the 4 games in 5 days caught up to them they missed a lot of easy shots.

I think OKC is the class of the west I like the depth they have found, Houston is going to be a work in progress I just hope they continue to get better as the season progresses.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Yeah that was a real whhoopin, I think the 4 games in 5 days caught up to them they missed a lot of easy shots.

I think OKC is the class of the west I like the depth they have found, Houston is going to be a work in progress I just hope they continue to get better as the season progresses.
I was shocked at how uninterested the Rockets appeared. Usually teams save their best for teams like OKC and Miami. Those are marquee matchups where you're looking to send a message and measure yourself.

I wonder if Harden's foot is still bothering him because he was nowhere near as aggressive as he usually is.

As an aside, Kevin Durant was definitely amped for this matchup. He had that "I'm not f'ing around" look in his eyes last night. He needs to take that intensity into his matchups against LeBron and stop with the buddy-buddy crap.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Outside of the Spurs, the Rockets have not looked good at all when facing the real contenders of the league.

They've suffered way too many blowouts against those teams.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester

My Rockets?

:mad

I like the team, but they aren't my Rockets anymore than the Texans are your football team.

:art

Top Bottom