Video Game Chatter

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
[MENTION=16]Playmaker[/MENTION]

Have you tried the BF Hardline beta yet? It's pretty good.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Ace, I'm looking for something other than Madden to play, not so much online, just a single player or maybe two player co-op. The thing is, I haven't played anything other than madden for a long time. I tried Battle Field and Infamous second son when I first got the PS4 but I really suck at these types of games. Any suggestions for a game to help me get a little better? I used to enjoy playing halo but I have never actually finished one of these games.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ace, I'm looking for something other than Madden to play, not so much online, just a single player or maybe two player co-op. The thing is, I haven't played anything other than madden for a long time. I tried Battle Field and Infamous second son when I first got the PS4 but I really suck at these types of games. Any suggestions for a game to help me get a little better? I used to enjoy playing halo but I have never actually finished one of these games.
Well, if you're looking for co-op, something simple to play, and a game similar to Halo, Destiny would be the perfect match.

The only issue is that co-op has to be done online and not locally, but I'm guessing you'll love it. I'm not even a big fan of sci-fi shooters nor did I care for Halo, but I really enjoyed doing all the story missions on co-op with the homies.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Well, if you're looking for co-op, something simple to play, and a game similar to Halo, Destiny would be the perfect match.

The only issue is that co-op has to be done online and not locally, but I'm guessing you'll love it. I'm not even a big fan of sci-fi shooters nor did I care for Halo, but I really enjoyed doing all the story missions on co-op with the homies.

I wish the co-op was local, I normally play video games with my brother and I don't play much so I kinda wanted something we could play at the same time. Everything has gone online though, maybe we just need to get a second PS4 and move his TV to the living room.

dallen

Senior Tech
I wish the co-op was local, I normally play video games with my brother and I don't play much so I kinda wanted something we could play at the same time. Everything has gone online though, maybe we just need to get a second PS4 and move his TV to the living room.
Check out the Bordlands series

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
For those of you with PS Plus who still own a PS3, do yourself a favor and download Yakuza 4.

It's a fantastic series that is very GTA-ish, but based in Japan, obviously.

[MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION] - I think you would definitely enjoy these games.

Newt

DCC 4Life
My brother stopped and picked up Diablo 3 today. Haven't played it yet. Any of you guys have it? Is it any good?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Diablo 3 was.... I'll say "quite good," but if you ever loved the series previously it was missing a lot. Blizzard knows how to make a game that sucks you into spending hours grinding for loot, but the game completely lacked the story, mystery and intrigue, dark motif, and overall creepiness of the previous games. It turned it into World of Warcraft light.

I put a ton of hours into it but that's because it was well done in terms of delivering a cohesive and satisfying multiplayer experience.

But the overall game was far inferior to previous iterations (in the context of their eras), and that kinda ruined it for me as something worthy of a place among the greats.

Diablo 2 was downright scary at times. Diablo 3 was never even close.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
This may have been asked at some point but I'm thinking about upgrading from my PS3. The Xbox One at 349 with the Assassin's Creed games looks pretty enticing. Or should I just bite the bullet on the PS4 even though they pissed me off by not making it backwards compatible?

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This may have been asked at some point but I'm thinking about upgrading from my PS3. The Xbox One at 349 with the Assassin's Creed games looks pretty enticing. Or should I just bite the bullet on the PS4 even though they pissed me off by not making it backwards compatible?
PS4.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I've had both, I'm a playstation guy but I bought an XB1 when the PS4's were out of stock. I tried it but ended up trading it for a PS4, and I love it. It does suck that its not backwards compatible but honestly I wouldn't go back to play any old games anyways.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I've had both, I'm a playstation guy but I bought an XB1 when the PS4's were out of stock. I tried it but ended up trading it for a PS4, and I love it. It does suck that its not backwards compatible but honestly I wouldn't go back to play any old games anyways.
Yea, I kept my PS3 so if I want to play any older titles, I can do that on the PS3 so the backwards compatibility thing isn't an issue for me.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's my thing. Although I've thought a little about going back and playing Sky Rim again but I still have the old PS3 for that if needed. Otherwise I literally use that PS3 for Blue Rays and that's about it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Any of you dudes a fan of the Dark Souls/Demon Souls games?

If so, you have to play Bloodborne. What a great game this is.

[MENTION=2]dallen[/MENTION] - Weren't you one of the guys who played those games, or am I wrong?

[MENTION=24]mschmidt64[/MENTION] - this game would be right up your alley.

Last edited:
Top Bottom