Week 10 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Steelers | 11/13/2016

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Giants are 6-3 and I believe play Cleveland and Chicago the next two weeks so are very likely to be 8-3.

We probably beat Baltimore, but there's a real chance we could lose to either them or especially Washington. Which would make us 9-2, only 1 game ahead of NY. We still still face them one more time, and they will hold the tie-breaker if they beat us again.

Just saying it feels like we are running away with this, but things could get dicey really quickly.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Exactly, it isn't even about the passes for me. It is that we have a dominant run game, but we don't use the threat of the run to improve our passing game as much as we should. With our running game we should almost never be running empty backfield sets.
That makes no sense, you use empty backfield sets so that the defense has to declare the coverage and to set up mismatches.

And it's not like they are taking Elliott off the field every time.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Giants are 6-3 and I believe play Cleveland and Chicago the next two weeks so are very likely to be 8-3.

We probably beat Baltimore, but there's a real chance we could lose to either them or especially Washington. Which would make us 9-2, only 1 game ahead of NY. We still still face them one more time, and they will hold the tie-breaker if they beat us again.

Just saying it feels like we are running away with this, but things could get dicey really quickly.
I was thinking about that last night.

They still have to go to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh are better than their record and are capable of putting up points on anyone. So my hope is that they find a way to start winning so that they have something to play for when the Giants visit.

If they do, I like Pittsburgh's chances to win that game.

Anything can happen, but on paper, it sure looks like the Giants only have 4 loseable games left on the schedule:

@Pitt
vs Dallas
@Washington
@Philly

We need to find a way to win a game we're supposed to against the Ravens this week, then find a way to not drop that Thanksgiving game vs the Redskins.

If we come out of November at 10-1, then I think we'll pretty much have the division secured.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is an absolutely perfect depiction of how I sounded on Sunday. You can almost relive the game by listening to this guy. Really Really good. :lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This is an absolutely perfect depiction of how I sounded on Sunday. You can almost relive the game by listening to this guy. Really Really good. :lol

Yeah, that was pretty close to what was going on here at my house. With a little swearing sprinkled in.

Ok. A lot of swearing.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah, that was pretty close to what was going on here at my house. With a little swearing sprinkled in.

Ok. A lot of swearing.
We had our windows open (nice day), but wife shut them about halfway through the 3rd quarter because of my yelling and cussing. :lol

Cotton

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah I mean I'd like to see us under center more often but at some point it's just sort of nitpicking. We run out of the shotgun with read option stuff so I don't know that a defense is able to assume we won't run simply because Dak is in a shotgun. Half the time we start empty set and then motion Elliott into the backfield.

We run the ball more then any other NFL team. And yet people still complain that we don't run the ball enough. I'd say our coaches are doing better then most of the NFL with that sort of stuff.
I am a simple observer of the net result. 8-1 ain't bad. Perfect play calling? Probably not but so far so good.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

The guy was great but the editing was perfect. Well done.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

The Steelers will still be in the thick of their division race when they play the Giants at home, which should be a Pittsburgh win. They also still have to play at Philly and at Washington, and I'd imagine both of those two teams will be in the wild card race until basically the last game of the year, so they will have something to play for.

They're going to lose at least two more games, which would put them at 5 losses.

That means we'd only need to go 4-3 over the last 7 to win the division, and all this is assuming they beat us a second time. If we win that game, as Aikman would say, it's goodnight Irene.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I was thinking about that last night.

They still have to go to Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh are better than their record and are capable of putting up points on anyone. So my hope is that they find a way to start winning so that they have something to play for when the Giants visit.

If they do, I like Pittsburgh's chances to win that game.

Anything can happen, but on paper, it sure looks like the Giants only have 4 loseable games left on the schedule:

@Pitt
vs Dallas
@Washington
@Philly

We need to find a way to win a game we're supposed to against the Ravens this week, then find a way to not drop that Thanksgiving game vs the Redskins.

If we come out of November at 10-1, then I think we'll pretty much have the division secured.
Pittsburgh plays Cleveland and the Colts before the Giants, and even if they go 1-1 they'll be right there for the division, especially since they still get the Ravens at home. They will have something to play for.

We have three games before the Giants, Ravens and Redskins at home, then @Vikings, I'll take 2-1 over those three for a record of 10-2, although winning all three is definitely a possibility.

Cotton

Staff member

:towel:towel:towel

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member

:towel:towel:towel
If that wasn't staged for the camera than that dude needs some serious counseling and probably some meds. He was scaring the crap out of his kids and if this is how intensely he reacts to a goddamn football game there is little doubt he loses his shit in an over the top manner in other situations as well. Jesus.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If that wasn't staged for the camera than that dude needs some serious counseling and probably some meds. He was scaring the crap out of his kids and if this is how intensely he reacts to a goddamn football game there is little doubt he loses his shit in an over the top manner in other situations as well. Jesus.
I was thinking it was staged, too. He just happened to be getting filmed as Zeke ran in for the final score? Also, they never showed the actual TV getting pulled down. Only one laying on the floor getting smashed. Probably an old broken TV. First thing I thought of was, if he was flipping out and was going to destroy his TV, why did he unplug it first?

But yeah. Even if this was staged, doing it in front of his kid was f'd up. The kid looked legitimately scared. Or he's a better actor than his old man. :lol

Cotton

Staff member
Judging from the wife's screams, I would bet it wasn't staged.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I was thinking it was staged, too. He just happened to be getting filmed as Zeke ran in for the final score? Also, they never showed the actual TV getting pulled down. Only one laying on the floor getting smashed. Probably an old broken TV. First thing I thought of was, if he was flipping out and was going to destroy his TV, why did he unplug it first?

But yeah. Even if this was staged, doing it in front of his kid was f'd up. The kid looked legitimately scared. Or he's a better actor than his old man. :lol
I think it might be what Rev suggested. The dad and the kids were in on the prank but the mom was not. If that is the case it was a pretty good prank. Agreed that the kid did a hell of a job looking scared if that was the case though.

Top Bottom