2013 College Football chatter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
Garrett actually probably would be a really good college coach.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't know about that...generally they are a little rah rah...he is far from that.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think he'd be good except I don't see him as a good recruiter. Maybe in Texas where he can flash a Super Bowl Ring and talk about the old days sucking off Troy in the shower.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Woodson was an excellent Heisman winner. The others on your list? Not so much. But Woodson was exceptional at Michigan and was the reason why we went undefeated in 1997 and was one of the reasons why we won the National Championship that season.
Never should've won over Peyton Manning though. But I know ESPN pushed for Woodson most of the year.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I have been occupied this evening. Has the Hiesman winner been named?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I think he'd be better off at the high school level, sure he'll probably get outcoached his first few games but he should be ok after that.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I think he'd be good except I don't see him as a good recruiter. Maybe in Texas where he can flash a Super Bowl Ring and talk about the old days sucking off Troy in the shower.
How hard is it when you have the pick of about 80% of any kid that you want in Texas? Let's not predent that recruiting to Texas is a challenge.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Never should've won over Peyton Manning though. But I know ESPN pushed for Woodson most of the year.
Why would you say that? Woodson helped Michigan to an undefeated season where Manning had his ass handed to him by Florida for the fourth consecutive year. Plus, Woodson was the first player in NCAA history to score a TD on all three sides of the ball in the same season AND almost single-handedly beat Ohio State. Peyton Manning was great at Tennessee, but Woodson was better at Michigan that year. Both were outstanding candidates, but it's hard to go against a defensive player who was as dominant as Woodson was as well as having him be a player who played offense, defense, and special teams.

Last edited:

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
How hard is it when you have the pick of about 80% of any kid that you want in Texas? Let's not predent that recruiting to Texas is a challenge.
I said "in Texas" as in the state as a whole. I know that the UT job is trending but if I'd meant just UT I'd have said "at Texas".

On the other hand, no one being recruited right now was born when Dallas won the SB last.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That would be a weird hire.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Why won't anyone give Jim Tressel another shot? He looked the other way on some tattoos. It's not like he's radioactive.

D

Deuce

Why won't anyone give Jim Tressel another shot? He looked the other way on some tattoos. It's not like he's radioactive.
Because he's only 2 years in on a 5 year show cause penalty from the NCAA. Any school that hires him faces stiff penalties.

considering most coaches who get in trouble for recruiting violations only get 1 year of a show cause penalty, his 5 years does make him radioactive.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Because he's only 2 years in on a 5 year show cause penalty from the NCAA. Any school that hires him faces stiff penalties.

considering most coaches who get in trouble for recruiting violations only get 1 year of a show cause penalty, his 5 years does make him radioactive.
That's a pretty ridiculous penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom