Romo out for rest of season, per Schefter, per "league source"

p1_

DCC 4Life
So again I ask...who on this list will keep me out of your ass?
Sadly, I don't see any of those guys that gets me excited. And to be honest, I have seen
few of them besides Charlie Batch, Vince Young and Caleb Hanie.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Howdja lak that apathy? - Jerry Jones, today

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Could Romo injury save Garrett?

Posted by Mike Florio on December 23, 2013, 4:54 PM EST

Packers G.M. Ted Thompson possibly believes Jerry Jones jinxed Tony Romo by recently pointing out that a healthy Romo has helped balance out “some of this inadequacy with some of our personnel.”

Romo, who tweaked his back during Sunday’s win over the Redskins but didn’t leave the game, is now out for the season. The biggest question is whether this means coach Jason Garrett will be out after the season, if the Cowboys lose the Third Annual NFC East Championship game to Philadelphia.

The Sunday report from Ed Werder of ESPN — with which Cowboys executive V.P. Stephen Jones politely took issue — included a footnote regarding Jerry’s desire to have picked right when selecting Garrett to be the head coach. The Romo injury gives Jones a way to justify a mulligan for Garrett, providing him with one more chance to start from 0-0 and to finish at something other than .500.

Of course, that analysis assumes the Cowboys will lose to the Eagles on Sunday night. If veteran Kyle Orton leads a victory, Garrett’s position surely will be secure, regardless of how badly the Cowboys may lose at home in the wild-card round.

Then there’s the possibility that Garrett has had enough of being undermined by an owner/G.M. who many think would secretly like to add head coach to his many titles.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
League will look into whether Cowboys hid Romo back injury

Posted by Mike Florio on December 23, 2013, 6:11 PM EST

After Sunday’s win over the Redskins, both owner Jerry Jones and quarterback Tony Romo suggested that Romo entered the game with a back injury.

The only problem? Romo wasn’t listed on the injury report.

“We will look into it,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told PFT via email regarding Romo’s absence from the injury report.

Helping the Cowboys is the fact that Romo played, and that he didn’t seem to be affected by the injury, even after he tweaked the back. Still, if Romo had an injury and it wasn’t disclosed, that could be a problem for the Cowboys.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
So let's say Orton plays well and has a solid stat line like 240 yards and 2 td's with no mistakes and the Cowboys somehow win....

Anyone think that will somehow turn into a negative for Romo as far as media perception is concerned?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Howdja lak that apathy? - Jerry Jones, today
I have had family in so havent had the chance to listen to much radio. Did he really say that?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So let's say Orton plays well and has a solid stat line like 240 yards and 2 td's with no mistakes and the Cowboys somehow win....

Anyone think that will somehow turn into a negative for Romo as far as media perception is concerned?
Don't care. I would just be amazed and happy with the win.

I have already resigned myself that this put Garrett back in Dallas for 2014.

Might as well keep on winning.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo 2m
Free agent QB David Carr will visit to the Cowboys this week, a source tells @FOXSports1. Carr was most recently w/ division rival NYG.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Free agent QB David Carr will visit to the Cowboys this week, a source tells @FOXSports1. Carr was most recently w/ division rival NYG.
Ugh.

Really?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What's funny is that in the waning moments of yesterday's game, there is footage of Bryant pounding on Romo's back.

He never flinched.

Carp

DCC 4Life

No.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The Romo injury gives Jones a way to justify a mulligan for Garrett, providing him with one more chance to start from 0-0 and to finish at something other than .500
oh, hell no.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
League will look into whether Cowboys hid Romo back injury

Posted by Mike Florio on December 23, 2013, 6:11 PM EST

After Sunday’s win over the Redskins, both owner Jerry Jones and quarterback Tony Romo suggested that Romo entered the game with a back injury.

The only problem? Romo wasn’t listed on the injury report.

“We will look into it,” NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told PFT via email regarding Romo’s absence from the injury report.

Helping the Cowboys is the fact that Romo played, and that he didn’t seem to be affected by the injury, even after he tweaked the back. Still, if Romo had an injury and it wasn’t disclosed, that could be a problem for the Cowboys.
Exactly.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

When it rains, it pours.

Top Bottom