Skip Bayless to leave ESPN

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Of course. And that's just dumb.
Agreed. Speaking of pre-game shows. NFL Network has gotten entirely too silly with their's as well. They're worse than ESPN, IMO.

Probably because they have about 5 hours of content to fill. They need to scale it back down to a 2 hour show like Countdown did.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Agreed. Speaking of pre-game shows. NFL Network has gotten entirely too silly with their's as well. They're worse than ESPN, IMO.

Probably because they have about 5 hours of content to fill. They need to scale it back down to a 2 hour show like Countdown did.

Maybe it's information overload with the internet now, but I remember growing up and couldn't get enough of the pregame shows. I hate them all now.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Maybe it's information overload with the internet now, but I remember growing up and couldn't get enough of the pregame shows. I hate them all now.
Maybe it is all the ex players employed there now whooping it up like they just scored a TD or made a big play?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Maybe it is all the ex players employed there now whooping it up like they just scored a TD or made a big play?
That probably has a lot to do with it. But I will say Berman is the worst of the whole lot and he's not a player.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't mind the actual analysis and opinions of the upcoming games but the excessive gimmick segments are nauseating. Instead of 5 hours of BS "mini-Mooch" and "U-Know It" type segments just give me 2 solid hours of analysis with a little wit thrown in.

I don't know.....maybe I've just turned into "get off my lawn guy" now that I'm 40. Maybe that stuffs a huge hit with the 30 and under crowd.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I got an alert saying Berman is retiring after this season too. Man, everyone is on their way out.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't mind the actual analysis and opinions of the upcoming games but the excessive gimmick segments are nauseating. Instead of 5 hours of BS "mini-Mooch" and "U-Know It" type segments just give me 2 solid hours of analysis with a little wit thrown in.

I don't know.....maybe I've just turned into "get off my lawn guy" now that I'm 40. Maybe that stuffs a huge hit with the 30 and under crowd.
Maybe, but I don't think it's age. I think they had a good thing when they were the only game in town to see highlights. Back then they were new and fresh and funny, and it wasn't easy to just go to a bar to see the game, so a show like NFL Primetime was your lifeline to the team.

These days they are way more irrelevant and they haven't evolved, so instead they sound dated.

Carl

RIP Brother
Maybe, but I don't think it's age. I think they had a good thing when they were the only game in town to see highlights. Back then they were new and fresh and funny, and it wasn't easy to just go to a bar to see the game, so a show like NFL Primetime was your lifeline to the team.

These days they are way more irrelevant and they haven't evolved, so instead they sound dated.
Craig Kilborn was the last true talent ESPN unearthed. Olbermann and Patrick were good together.

Don't get me wrong here, I like Adnad Virk, and Louis Reddick, (and indeed Mel's hair). But you know the point.

This is my first post avec reading glasses. The times they are a changing.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yes, @chrisberman.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Craig Kilborn was the last true talent ESPN unearthed. Olbermann and Patrick were good together.

Don't get me wrong here, I like Adnad Virk, and Louis Reddick, (and indeed Mel's hair). But you know the point.

This is my first post avec reading glasses. The times they are a changing.
Kilburn? Holy shit...he was terrible....like Colin Cowherd terrible.

Top Bottom