MLB Chatter Thread

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Dozier should not only be an All-Star, but he should be starting the game at 2B for the AL, IMO. Although Kipnis has a pretty good case. Altuve is a good player but he is not deserving from a production standpoint to start the All-Star game.

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Trade talk starting to heat up with the All-Star break in a few days and the trade deadline at the end of the month. Seems like it is mostly speculation from prognosticators right now but there are some reports about teams at least having conversations about certain players. Always an exciting time in the baseball season.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yep. Its a fun time for most fans. Not this one, though.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dozier should not only be an All-Star, but he should be starting the game at 2B for the AL, IMO.
I agree, although I'm admittedly biased. Leads the majors in extra base hits, 18 homers, 2nd in runs scored. And plays gold glove defense.

I doubt he wins the vote, tho. It's over in an hour and he's behind Mike Moustakis. Those Royals fans have been some voting MFers this year.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
I agree, although I'm admittedly biased. Leads the majors in extra base hits, 18 homers, 2nd in runs scored. And plays gold glove defense.

I doubt he wins the vote, tho. It's over in an hour and he's behind Mike Moustakis. Those Royals fans have been some voting MFers this year.
Well add one more vote for Dozier. I just voted for him as the AL choice and Kershaw for the NL.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Well add one more vote for Dozier. I just voted for him as the AL choice and Kershaw for the NL.
Dozier came up short in the vote for the All Star game. Oh well. But he came up big again tonight. Twins down 6-1 in the 9th to the Tigers, come back to win 8-6. Dozier walked off with a 3 run upper deck shot. 2nd walk off homer during this home stand.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yep. Its a fun time for most fans. Not this one, though.
Yeah, we are back down to where we expected to be all year. It was a fun run, but it is most definitely over.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Brian Dozier with the dinger in his first All Star game at bat.

:towel

Kbrown

Not So New Member

Cotton

Staff member
Well deserved. The man is pitching lights out. He smoked us yesterday.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I want the Mets to make a run at Cespedes...Cuddyer could shift to 3B, Murphy back to 2B, and Flores back to SS.

Rev

Staff member
I want the Mets to make a run at Cespedes...Cuddyer could shift to 3B, Murphy back to 2B, and Flores back to SS.
Some mediot predicted the Mets to go after Andrus. I had a good laugh at that because in no way does that help your offense or defense.

Rev

Staff member
[MENTION=38]E_D_Guapo[/MENTION]

Been reading that Carl Edwards is going to be part of the asking price for any big trade? I think you should write a letter to Theo telling him that they should give him back to Texas.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Some mediot predicted the Mets to go after Andrus. I had a good laugh at that because in no way does that help your offense or defense.
The Rangers took a chance that he was continue to get better...that contract was a big gamble...does not look good right now.

Cotton

Staff member
The Rangers took a chance that he was continue to get better...that contract was a big gamble...does not look good right now.
It was a dumb contract when they signed it.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Even though the Twins are in contention, I still hope they stay away from being a buyer at the trade deadline. They're not quite ready to compete yet, so I wouldn't be looking to rent a big name for a year or two. In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing them be a seller. They have a shitload of good, young outfielders. Trade a couple of them for some pitching prospects, and help speed up the rebuild.

Rev

Staff member
Im hoping for a trade of Gallardo and then a resign of Gallardo during free agency. Oh and someone dumb enough to take Choo and Andrus off our hands.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It was a dumb contract when they signed it.
It is now because he has not developed into the offensive player he showed early on. Teams were trying to get ahead of the curve by signing players to a longterm contract, buying on the cheap their first 2 or 3 FA years. Cleveland started it years ago when they locked up guys like Baerga and Lofton.

Cotton

Staff member
I need Rev to talk bad about more players on the Rangers team. He badmouths Choo and the very same day Choo hits for the cycle.

We're counting on you, Rev.

Top Bottom