2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Lots of DL help still available...definitely will be plenty to choose from in the third.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
My "maybe" was that if he isn't the best, he's top 3.

But please, continue to complain about getting legit studs.
The maybe is, will his knee recover. No nerve response at all yet, and not knowing if the nerve will ever fire again, is the risk. You can have all the fucking potential in the world, but if you blow your knee out beyond repair, what the hell does it matter?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
The delay in announcing picks is ridiculous..Tampa Bay pick was in before they announced Miami

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
NFL teams must have been trying to get Smith. Dallas clearly felt he would not be there in the 3rd.

Then oh well. Let someone else take that big of a risk that early.

It's the same dumb excuse as when they took Quincy. Oakland wanted him! Ok so let Oakland be stupid.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
So I heard a lot of 'nerve damage', 'has to regrow a ligament', 'might never play in the NFL' stuff about Smith. If it were only a torn ACL/MCL & he was fully expected to be ready to roll for 2017 it would be easier to be on board with the pick, even if though he won't see the field in 2016. Seems awfully risky though considering the other stuff.

Cotton

Staff member
Dane Brugler said on one side of the negative spectrum, a team's doctor said 20% chance Jalen Smith plays again.

I'd like to hear our doctor's opinion.

FYI tidbit
:budd

Carp

DCC 4Life
The maybe is, will his knee recover. No nerve response at all yet, and not knowing if the nerve will ever fire again, is the risk. You can have all the fucking potential in the world, but if you blow your knee out beyond repair, what the hell does it matter?
That would suck, but they have insight no other team does. He is a black Luke Kuechly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So I heard a lot of 'nerve damage', 'has to regrow a ligament', 'might never play in the NFL' stuff about Smith. If it were only a torn ACL/MCL & he was fully expected to be ready to roll for 2017 it would be easier to be on board with the pick, even if though he won't see the field in 2016. Seems awfully risky though considering the other stuff.
The nerve damage is a big deal. It is a chance thing. Either it starts firing again or the kid never plays football again.

It is heart breaking. Especially when you watch how it happened. It was so freakish.

Cotton

Staff member
That would suck, but they have insight no other team does. He might be a black Luke Kuechly.
Fixed it for you.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That would suck, but they have insight no other team does. He is a black Luke Kuechly.
If he recovers, this is like getting the best player in this draft.

Still, I think he could have been an option later.

These shithead teams drafting at the top are freak outs, with GMs and Coaches that know they better get good quick.

Cotton

Staff member
Fuck me.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Redshirt doesn't worry me. If he is heathy and they trust their doctor, A+
That's a huge if though. The redshirt doesn't bother me either, but the risk that he never plays or is never the same player bothers me a lot in the second round.

Cotton

Staff member
If he recovers, this is like getting the best player in this draft.

Still, I think he could have been an option later.

These shithead teams drafting at the top are freak outs, with GMs and Coaches that know they better get good quick.
Well, of course if he gets healthy, he is a HUGE steal, but we very well may have just drafted a player at 34 that will never play a down of football for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom