Video Game Chatter

Carp

DCC 4Life
Damn...the Dallas D is bad on Madden. Durant is good and the safeties are big hitters, but I am playing All Madden and have to score 35 to win. Odell Beckham made me his bitch.

Anywho...how long until they update rosters?

D

Deuce

Damn...the Dallas D is bad on Madden. Durant is good and the safeties are big hitters, but I am playing All Madden and have to score 35 to win. Odell Beckham made me his bitch.

Doesn't help that Will Smith is listed as the starter at ROLB and he's a 40 overall.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Doesn't help that Will Smith is listed as the starter at ROLB and he's a 40 overall.
Mine updated to play online...so I had Carter, Durant, and Wilber...with McClain a reserve. The D won't be legit until Edwards is on the roster.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm off to go get Madden and see just how bad this virtual Cowboys D truly is.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Got Madden.

After some dinner with the family, I'll jump on and see what's what.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
WTF is up with with all this shit I gotta do just to play a game?

It's been 30 min and I stil haven't been able to play a random exhibition.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
WTF is up with with all this shit I gotta do just to play a game?

It's been 30 min and I stil haven't been able to play a random exhibition.
Madden does some of the most unintuitive shit ever. Why they feel the need to exclude customization options they've had in previous versions just blows my mind.

Carp

DCC 4Life
No problem throwing at all...ran like 20 times for 12 yards with Murray against the Eagles. I was on All Madden level, but they were in the backfield before I could get started. BTW...picked up the win with Weeden at QB when Romo went down with a fractured vertebra.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
A few quick observations I've made after playing a few games:

Receivers finally run through the catch with no slow down! :towel

There sure are a shit load of fumbles.

The new menus are awful, especially the play selection screen. There's just way too many things going on and it's a pain in the ass to always press an extra button just to choose plays by formation. Also, you get almost no time to pick a play on defense. You get maybe 5 secs max? I hope both of these things are rectified, especially the former.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Never has a name been more fitting in the game of Madden than Tyler Clutts - because that stupid MF'er there fails to pick up his man while run blocking on every.single.play.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Never has a name been more fitting in the game of Madden than Tyler Clutts - because that stupid MF'er there fails to pick up his man while run blocking on every.single.play.
Escobar blocks for shit too.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Escobar blocks for shit too.
I wish I could say that Clutts can't block, but he doesn't even try.

He's completely oblivious to any and all defenders. Even if it's only one guy in the gap, he just ignores him.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I wish I could say that Clutts can't block, but he doesn't even try.

He's completely oblivious to any and all defenders. Even if it's only one guy in the gap, he just ignores him.
He is better online than offline...he was blowing up holes for Murray. Lost to a cheeser...but he changed up once he saw I could play some. I do hate playing people who go for it on 4th and long on their side of the field, but it got me tied with him going in at half.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Another thing I noticed....either I have bad luck or the Cowboys DB's can't catch a cold. I don't have a single INT yet despite jumping about 20 routes already.

I will say this though, I am pleasantly surprised with this game.

It's early still, but I am enjoying it and like the changes I've noticed thus far.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I would hope they have a roster update Wednesday.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I would hope they have a roster update Wednesday.
To hell with realism, I put in all the hurt guys so I have a half decent defense.

I have Spencer as an 86 playing LE, with DeMarcus Lawrence playing RE at a 75. Melton is nice in the middle at 88 next to the golden cock.

I have Lee, Carter and Durant starting at LB with Durant being the lowest rated at 78, so that's not too bad.

I had no clue who this Nwaneri dude was at G, but he's rated an 80 so he was an instant upgrade at LG, but now I see he's been released in real life, so there goes that.

Spencer is actually pretty damn good in this game as a pass rusher, and Melton is a monster. Melton has easily been my most productive player on defense so far.

Top Bottom