Coaching Staff Watch Thread...

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Sign Suh.
He'd kill our cap but if Jerry and the organization decide they're going all in over the next 2-3 years while we still have elite QB play and say fuck the long term, then let's roll.

If we went out and made mega-signings like Suh and Peterson I'd be scared that we'd be creating another circus like atmosphere but I think the foundation of this team is too strong to allow that to happen right now.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
but I think the foundation of this team is too strong to allow that to happen right now.
I've heard that Garrett has spent a lot of time hanging out with Rick Carlisle and learned from him. This is one of the great things the Mavs have going for them and it does seem like that attitude is building with the football team as well.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jones is going lazy again. Too much for a guy with one playoff win.

Though it doesn't count towards the cap it does affect the organization's cash flow in a given year and thus limits the ability to "break the bank" and borrow against the future.

I don't advocate borrowing heavily against the future, but it's good to at least keep the option available.

I mean, who else out there is going to commit 55 million to Garrett??
The Dallas Cowboys will not have a cash flow problem in your lifetime probably and this is based on the death star alone.

I swear you just come up with the craziest shit to have an issue with.

Cash flow problem.:lol

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Dallas Cowboys will not have a cash flow problem in your lifetime probably and this is based on the death star alone.

I swear you just come up with the craziest shit to have an issue with.

Cash flow problem.:lol
While i agree with you on the solvency and liquidity of the owner, technically i am not aware that anyone but Jones and his accountants have actually seen his P&L or balance sheet. They are probably mind boggling however. If he ever does have to borrow maybe his banker had a peek such as the time he built the stadium. He probably had to make a disclosure at that time. That deal alone trlls me he has a ton of equity and cash flow fron entities outside of the Sports assetts.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Considering how the team performed this year, is there an HC/OC/DC trio that anybody here would rather have aside from Belichick/McDaniels/whoever their DC is, Carroll/Bevell/Quinn and Harbaugh/Kubiak/Pees?

Maybe Arians/whoever their OC is if they hire LeBeau, but that'd mean a switch back to a 3-4 when time is running short on Romo, same with Tomlin/Haley/Butler.

There are certain HC's I'd rather have than Garrett of course, and a couple of coordinators I'd take over Linehan and Marinelli but there are very few trios that I'd take over our 3, and that's pretty amazing.

Carp

DCC 4Life
For the record...the 55 million was creative editing. Y'all got Carp'd!

dallen

Senior Tech
If the 5 year, $55M thing is true, it makes Garrett the highest paid HC in the league:

TeamHead CoachYears Left (options)Dollars/YearPrevious Coach & Contract
Arizona CardinalsBruce Arians3(4)X
Atlanta FalconsTBDXXMike Smith
Baltimore RavensJohn Harbaugh3$7,000,000
Buffalo BillsRex Ryan5$5,500,000Doug Marrone
Carolina PanthersRon Rivera4$4,000,000-$5,000,000
Chicago BearsTBDXXMarc Trestman
Cincinnati BengalsMarvin Lewis2$3,250,000
Cleveland BrownsMike Pettine4(5)X
Dallas CowboysJason Garrett1X
Denver BroncosTBDXXJohn Fox
Detroit LionsJim Caldwell4$4,000,000-$5,000,000
Green Bay PackersMike McCarthy2$5,000,000
Houston TexansBill O’Brien5X
Indianapolis ColtsChuck PaganoXX
Jacksonville JaguarsGus Bradley3X
Kansas City ChiefsAndy Reid4$7,500,000
Miami DolphinsJoe Philbin2X
Minnesota VikingsMike ZimmerXX
New England PatriotsBill BelichickX$7,500,000
New Orleans SaintsSean Payton4$8,000,000
New York GiantsTom Coughlin1$6,666,667
New York JetsTBDXXRex Ryan
Oakland RaidersTBDXXDennis Allen
Philadelphia EaglesChip Kelly4$6,500,000
Pittsburgh SteelersMike Tomlin3$5,500,000+
San Diego ChargersMike McCoy3X
San Fancisco 49ersTBDXXJim Harbaugh
Seattle SeahawksPete Carroll4$7,000,000+
St. Louis RamsJeff Fisher3$7,000,000
Tampa Bay BuccaneersLovie Smith4(1)$5,000,000
Tennessee TitansKen Whisenhunt5+X
Washington RedskinsJay Gruden5$4,000,000+
For those wondering why Lovie Smith hasn't been fired yet. This table is why

D

Deuce

For those wondering why Lovie Smith hasn't been fired yet. This table is why
This also shows by Marvin Lewis continues to work. Not a ton of success, but having a division winning coach at $3.2M is a bargain compared to other teams.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
He'd kill our cap but if Jerry and the organization decide they're going all in over the next 2-3 years while we still have elite QB play and say fuck the long term, then let's roll.

If we went out and made mega-signings like Suh and Peterson I'd be scared that we'd be creating another circus like atmosphere but I think the foundation of this team is too strong to allow that to happen right now.
Yep, I firmly believe eliminating the money/ego thing allowed for the culture to take hold.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
If only Romo wouldn't cost 27.....

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think he will restructure.
Problem with that is you keep pushing it back. At this pace we will still be paying Romo in 2030.

dallen

Senior Tech
This also shows by Marvin Lewis continues to work. Not a ton of success, but having a division winning coach at $3.2M is a bargain compared to other teams.
Actually, I meant Marvin Lewis. Oops

/notracist

townsend

Banned
I just picture Stephen Jones crying over his maxed out AMEX and making deals with Indian pay day lenders to get us inside the cap 4 years from now. I'd like toe see an outlook on the amount of dead weight we're likely to carry into the oncoming years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Problem with that is you keep pushing it back. At this pace we will still be paying Romo in 2030.
How much are you going to contribute? I dont plan to send him a quarter. :art

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jason Garrett's bump in pay bigger than thought
January, 14, 2015

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- As it turns out, Jason Garrett will be getting a bigger pay increase than many had thought.

Garrett is about to receive a five-year, $30 million deal to remain head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, according to sources. The Cowboys are expected to announce the deal as soon as Wednesday.

The Cowboys rarely -- if ever -- divulge the length and total compensation package for the deals of their head coach, and there have been reports Garrett checked in at $5 million per season in his recently expired contract.

Not so fast.

Last week on ESPN’s "NFL Insiders," Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said Garrett has essentially had the same contract for the last seven years. Jones made Garrett the highest-paid assistant coach in 2008, giving him $3.5 million annually.

That was “head coach money,” for offensive coordinator duties. When he was named the head coach on a full-time basis in 2011, he did not receive a bump in pay based on what Jones said last week because he was already making first-year “head coach money.”

Now that he has delivered a 12-4 record and playoff win, Garrett’s $6 million-a-year average would put him inside the top-10 paid coaches in the league, reportedly tied with Pittsburgh’s Mike Tomlin, Kansas City’s Andy Reid and Green Bay’s Mike McCarthy.

Tomlin and McCarthy have won Super Bowls. Reid has coached in one.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I suspect Linehan is brought back with OC title if Callahan is moving on.

Top Bottom