User Tag List

Page 642 of 642 FirstFirst ... 142542592632640641642
Results 6,411 to 6,419 of 6419

Thread: NBA Chatter Thread

  1. #6411
    Senior Member NoDak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    10,088
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    That's ridiculous. Obviously the sixers wouldn't beat Houston or Golden State, but they'd have a good chance against the rest of the West.

    San Antonio? Utah? Minnesota? OKC? New Orleans? Portland? Come on.

    Don't act like those teams are vastly superior to Philadelphia because that's nonsense.
    Truth.


    But that was still an amusing read.

  2. #6412
    Senior Member Simpleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,103
    New Orleans and Utah both have 2-3 players better than Miami's best player. Davis is a top 5 player in the league, Gobert might be DPOY, Utah is basically Miami on steroids with a DPOY candidate and one of the best rookies in the league who is currently outplaying Westbrook in a series.

    There is an argument to be made that Miami is a bottom 2-3 team in the entire playoffs, along with the Kawhi-less Spurs, Boston without Kyrie and Milwaukee would not be far behind either honestly.

    Minnesota is an 8 seed so maybe you guys don't think they're any good but if Butler hadn't been hurt they'd probably be somewhere around 3-5 in the West. I might favor Philly over OKC also since they're such a discombobulated mess.

  3. #6413
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    They'd lose to New Orleans and Utah and I think they'd have a very tough time with Minnesota and OKC. Portland and the Spurs are the only teams I'd clearly favor them over.

    They could get out of the 1st depending on the matchup but I'd have to bet against them if you told me it was a random matchup with one of the 8 teams out West.
    For what it's worth, the sixers

    Swept Utah

    Split with new Orleans

    Swept Minnesota

    Were swept by OKC

    Split with Portland

    Swept the Spurs

    Total 8-4 against those teams.

  4. #6414
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    New Orleans and Utah both have 2-3 players better than Miami's best player. Davis is a top 5 player in the league, Gobert might be DPOY, Utah is basically Miami on steroids with a DPOY candidate and one of the best rookies in the league who is currently outplaying Westbrook in a series.

    There is an argument to be made that Miami is a bottom 2-3 team in the entire playoffs, along with the Kawhi-less Spurs, Boston without Kyrie and Milwaukee would not be far behind either honestly.

    Minnesota is an 8 seed so maybe you guys don't think they're any good but if Butler hadn't been hurt they'd probably be somewhere around 3-5 in the West. I might favor Philly over OKC also since they're such a discombobulated mess.
    What does Miami have anything to do with how good the sixers are?

  5. #6415
    Senior Member Simpleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    For what it's worth, the sixers

    Swept Utah

    Split with new Orleans

    Swept Minnesota

    Were swept by OKC

    Split with Portland

    Swept the Spurs

    Total 8-4 against those teams.
    When did they play those teams?

    Was Gobert out for Utah since he missed so many games? Was it early in the year before Rubio was integrated? Did they play Minnesota with Butler out? Did they play New Orleans with or without Cousins or Mirotic?

    They split the season series with Miami and we see how that went, the playoffs are a different animal. I've liked Utah all year once Gobert came back, and I was bullish on New Orleans seeing how Davis played down the stretch, I love the way they're both playing. I have to see much more from the Sixers than winning a series over a very poor team, relative to the rest of the playoff teams, before I'd pick them over one of those two.

  6. #6416
    Super Moderator Carp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,793
    Marco Bellinelli is my spirit animal.

  7. #6417
    Senior Member Genghis Khan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    When did they play those teams?

    Was Gobert out for Utah since he missed so many games? Was it early in the year before Rubio was integrated? Did they play Minnesota with Butler out? Did they play New Orleans with or without Cousins or Mirotic?

    They split the season series with Miami and we see how that went, the playoffs are a different animal. I've liked Utah all year once Gobert came back, and I was bullish on New Orleans seeing how Davis played down the stretch, I love the way they're both playing. I have to see much more from the Sixers than winning a series over a very poor team, relative to the rest of the playoff teams, before I'd pick them over one of those two.
    And many of those games were before the sixers got Ilyasova and Belinelli, who've made a big difference for them. I mean your argument goes both ways.

    We'll see how the rest of the playoffs play out. They may lose to Boston, who I think is still a pretty good team and a very well coached team.

    I just don't think your arguments about their competition hold water.

  8. #6418
    Senior Member Simpleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    And many of those games were before the sixers got Ilyasova and Belinelli, who've made a big difference for them. I mean your argument goes both ways.

    We'll see how the rest of the playoffs play out. They may lose to Boston, who I think is still a pretty good team and a very well coached team.

    I just don't think your arguments about their competition hold water.
    Perhaps, although after Miami and the Kawhi-less Spurs I think Boston is the least talented team in the playoffs, the Sixers should definitely beat them. The Celtics aren't even experienced necessarily with guys like Brown, Tatum and Rozier playing huge roles, with an average coach they'd probably be bounced by Milwaukee.

    There's no way to tell but it's the feeling I get from watching Utah/New Orleans play, particularly New Orleans, I don't think the Sixers could handle them right now with how Rondo elevates his game in the playoffs.

    I also love Belinelli, he was nice for the Bulls a few years ago, he's a JR Smith irrational confidence guy that you need off the bench who can heat up for 20 any given night.

  9. #6419
    Super Moderator Carp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    14,793
    I really don't care how the Sixers got to the 2nd round or the perceived weaknesses of their opponents. Now I do think there was much value in playing Miami in the first round. They play hard, smart, and aggressive...which is exactly what Philly needed. Primed for future rounds. Also, the most impressive thing to me was how they put Miami away late, great maturity for a young team.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •