2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Mschmidt, didn't you just claim in the Tapper thread that he *will* play this year?

Where's the evidence for that prognostication?
Uh... that he played in the preseason opener?

What a dumb question.

It's not remotely likely that he suffers another season ending injury.

Whereas you even yourself just said you think it is likely that we could win a Super Bowl in the next 5 years.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yes, that's my opinion. I never claimed evidence was required like you did for the "Garrett will never win a Superbowl" folks.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Then there's no evidence required for me to say we will win the next ten Super Bowls. It's my opinion. Everything is just as likely as everything else. It's equally rational to say that Tapper will play this year as it is to say the Cowboys will never win a Super Bowl with Garrett as coach.

Got it.

midswat

... soon
I can't figure out if mschmidt pulls his dick out while posting, or imagines us pulling our dicks out while posting.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I was thinking about buying a cheap knock off jersey from China, ya know, to keep Jerry from getting my money.

But I realized two things:

1) I don't know any good sites for this kind of merchandise, and

2) I'm not sure who I'd get. A lot of our guys are kinda unlikeable... or old... or have question marks. I want someone long lasting... cause I'm cheap and I don't want to have to buy a new jersey every 2-3 years. So that means no Witten.... Dez would be interesting but he is already 8 years in the league.... would kinda want a younger guy or someone with more shelf life. This takes Lee out of the equation too.

Elliott is on the verge of getting suspended. Not sure I want to go there. Prescott is too obvious... plus I still have in the back of my head, cause I'm overly pessimistic and scarred as a Cowboys fan.... "he needs to show it again before I really believe he's the long term guy here."

Martin feels boring. Frederick has the beard, so that could be cool... but do I really want an offensive lineman?

I'd even be ok with a role player kind of guy... but Beasley may be gone in 2 years, replaced by Switzer.

Jaylon Smith has injury concerns, hasn't proven himself yet.

I'd die before I wear a CB jersey, so no Awuzie or Lewis.

Prescott may be the answer here. I wish Elliott wasn't being such a retard... he'd be the easy pick.
I've used AliExpress.com a few times for basketball and NFL jerseys.

The jerseys look and feel like authentic pro jerseys, stitched letters and everything for only around $25. The only drawback is delivery is a little slower than normal. From my experience it usually takes 10-14 days for the items to arrive. But I don't mind the wait because it sure beats the hell out of paying $200 for a jersey.

Also, why no Witten? He's exactly the kind of player who I'd target if I were buying a jersey. Especially since you're not looking to buy a new one every 2-3 years. He's a current player so it's good for now, and 5 years down the road when he's retired it'll be considered a throwback. An easy win-win, in my opinion.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I've used AliExpress.com a few times for basketball and NFL jerseys.

The jerseys look and feel like authentic pro jerseys, stitched letters and everything for only around $25. The only drawback is delivery is a little slower than normal. From my experience it usually takes 10-14 days for the items to arrive. But I don't mind the wait because it sure beats the hell out of paying $200 for a jersey.

Also, why no Witten? He's exactly the kind of player who I'd target if I were buying a jersey. Especially since you're not looking to buy a new one every 2-3 years. He's a current player so it's good for now, and 5 years down the road when he's retired it'll be considered a throwback. An easy win-win, in my opinion.
I went to that website and couldn't find any. Was I looking at the wrong pages?

1bigfan13

Staff member
I bought my daughter a basketball jersey from the site this past December but I haven't used the site since then. Maybe something has changed. I'll look around a little later.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Herm has always had a strong distaste for the Cowboys. I'm not really sure why. Maybe Jerry pissed him off at some point or something.

1bigfan13

Staff member
After doing some reading and searching around it sounds like the NFL cracked down on AliExpress so they no longer sell jerseys.

The good news is I found a website that's similar to AliExpress. It's called DHGate.com.

I notice that when you're on the site you get better results when you search by the players' name rather than team names. For instance I typed in "Dallas Cowboys" in the search bar and got nothing but a bunch of soccer related gear in return. But when I searched Dak Prescott or Zeke Elliott I got plenty of results for Cowboys jerseys.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Herm has always had a strong distaste for the Cowboys. I'm not really sure why. Maybe Jerry pissed him off at some point or something.
Herm's Herald probably let him know how badly she was mistreated back in the day.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Git ur dun Jerrah

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Or it's as simple as he played for the eagles. He's on local philly radio sometimes and he definitely seems to secretly root for philly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Or it's as simple as he played for the eagles. He's on local philly radio sometimes and he definitely seems to secretly root for philly.
Didn't even realize he is a Philly guy. That makes sense though. I always wondered why he was extra negative about the Cowboys.

It's funny that Eagles, Redskins and Giants fans all hate the Cowboys like they are our biggest rival.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I've never liked the blind cult-love for Dak, but this shit is just a total lack of respect.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would consider shopping a relatively high draft pick to see if there are any young-ish impact defenders on the market.

I could even be talked into a DB if the price was right.

And I still wish they'd kick the tires on Sammy Watkins.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Yep. I lived in NJ when he played for the Iggles and he is also from NJ. I used to hear his praises being sung all the fricking time there and he is definitely a Filthydelphia homer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom