User Tag List

Page 259 of 259 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259
Results 2,581 to 2,585 of 2585

Thread: Trump Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by townsend View Post
    Frankly I think there's not only room for both, but a need for both.

They're certainly not mutually exclusive. I guess that's what's weird to me. A lot of Christians, including ones I rail against work really hard to help the poor. Then they put DJT in the Whitehorse. They vote in guys like Jindhal, Pence, Brownback and Ronald Reagan, who vilify the poor.

Like how do they make the logical leap from "help the needy" to "spend millions to drug test welfare recipients"?

It sounds like you're doing exemplary work. A lot more than I do complaining about Christians. I just feel like at some point in the 80s white Christians got snookered into buying fake fiscal conservatism that almost always ends in higher deficits. (See the outcome of Jindhal, Brownback, Pence, Abbott, and Rondal Reagan's time in office)
    A lot of stuff went terribly bad in the 80s with the cultural war. The Falwells of the world didn't help. The idea that Christians should take over politics and shift things from the top down did a lot of harm. I see it as the same thing we see with the SJWs now. Are here good ideas and good intentions? Yes but you simply can't control society with the government. It will never work. Plus it ends up with varying degrees of extremism and passion run wild.

I guess the sticking point is that I feel I could be 100 times more effective at the ground level doing things than the government could. The government doesn't innovate, create or change lives effectively. That is done by people.

The idea is that if we force people to don't through taxes society will change. It won't. What needs to happen is Christians need to get off their asses and stop watching prosperity preachers on tv. Instead they are sitting at home complaining about Obama. Churches could literally change the world by working person to person. Do poor people need resources? Yes they do but what they really need is a purpose to live and do better. It is a heart issue and a mindset that is prevalent throughout American, both with the haves and have nots.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    A lot of stuff went terribly bad in the 80s with the cultural war. The Falwells of the world didn't help. The idea that Christians should take over politics and shift things from the top down did a lot of harm. I see it as the same thing we see with the SJWs now. Are here good ideas and good intentions? Yes but you simply can't control society with the government. It will never work. Plus it ends up with varying degrees of extremism and passion run wild.
    I agree. People underestimate the power of moderates. The Americans with Disabilities act was passed by Bush sr. Bush jr did more to help end the HIV epidemic than any of his predecessors.

Helping the less fortunate shouldn't really be a political issue. Anyone from any political point can and have helped. I can understand (as Crock pointed out) making sure that waste is minimized on the administrative side. But in general even for a secular nation should recognize the moral imperative of helping it's least fortunate.
    Last edited by townsend; Yesterday at 03:02 PM.

4. The following user likes this post:

Trump better get a win of some kind soon or I'm betting we'll find someone to go to war with or some kind of false flag at home to divert attention from his failings.

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Trump better get a win of some kind soon or I'm betting we'll find someone to go to war with or some kind of false flag at home to divert attention from his failings.
    Who would carry out this conspiracy? Trump? He can't have a greasy bm without it leaking to the press. He has no one loyal to him inside his own administration. The Republicans? They can't get a bill through congress. You can't have a conspiracy with people you aren't able to collaborate with in broad daylight.

7. The following user likes this post: