Murray watch thread...

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
@AdamSchefter: Now we know why DeMarco Murray has deleted Cowboys' references on his Twitter account: team has not called him since last week, per source.
This is like a serious breakup.

On another front we cleared cap room. So if it's clearly not for Murray, one must wonder if we have some free agent signing worked out.

D

Deuce

This is like a serious breakup.

On another front we cleared cap room. So if it's clearly not for Murray, one must wonder if we have some free agent signing worked out.
Sounds like they are giving him the cold shoulder like they gave Dez. :lol

As an aside, I saw Broaddus have people ask him about CJ Spiller. Not sure if that's just being thrown out there of if there was something to prompt it.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Why the hell would we go after CJ Spiller?

That guy is an 8-10 touch a game guy and he can't even stay healthy in that role. We have enough injury question marks on the roster and we don't need more.

And if the Cowboys haven't talked to Murray since last week then that's F'd up. I understand a deal may not be worked out, but stay in contact with the guy.

Don't do something stupid to sour the relationship.

D

Deuce

Why the hell would we go after CJ Spiller?

That guy is an 8-10 touch a game guy and he can't even stay healthy in that role. We have enough injury question marks on the roster and we don't need more.
Spiller, Randle and Dunbar.

THREE HEADED MONSTER!!!

Carp

DCC 4Life
I took down all my Demarco Murray stuff from my Twitter site.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And if the Cowboys haven't talked to Murray since last week then that's F'd up. I understand a deal may not be worked out, but stay in contact with the guy.

Don't do something stupid to sour the relationship.
I agree, no reason to burn a bridge.

D

Deuce

I don't buy it that they haven't spoke. He was just at a Duke game with his coach, Romo and Witten. I'm sure Jerry had them pass along the love and he has orders to bring back his best offer for match.

Makes for fun drama, though.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Murray just went to the Duke game with Romo and Garrett...so they have been including him in team activities. You know they were talking about him coming back.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
He said last week and technically Saturday was the last day of last week.

Carp

DCC 4Life

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I hope Rapaport is right.

If he is, then I also hope that we don't give him 8 mill a year.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I really don't want to pay Murray much. Of course if we are going to go into free agency and not add any legit starting defensive players then I guess we might as well use some money on Murray. I just hope our plan is to go into free agency and add some guys above the backup level.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

I really don't want to pay Murray much. Of course if we are going to go into free agency and not add any legit starting defensive players then I guess we might as well use some money on Murray. I just hope our plan is to go into free agency and add some guys above the backup level.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't hold anything against Murray if he goes...RBs get one chance at a big contract and this is his shot. I know if he signs with Jax it will look like he is not all about winning, but again, one shot at a deal for him. He just picked the worst possible time to be a FA...coming off a historic usage season and an excellent RB class in the draft.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I'm hoping he does go.

Guy slowed down noticeably later in the season. He's a fumbler.

He just isn't worth a big contract.

Top Bottom