Colts Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Chuck Pagano says Colts won’t rest starters

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 15, 2014, 6:14 PM EST

The Colts don’t have much to play for in Weeks 16 and 17. They’ve already clinched the AFC South, but they’re highly unlikely to catch the Patriots or Broncos to earn a first-round bye.

So will they rest their starters in the next two games? Nope.

Colts coach Chuck Pagano says he doesn’t believe in resting starters at the end of the season. When reporters asked him today if Andrew Luck should get some time off for the last two games, Pagano seemed surprised by the suggestion.

“To sit him? Why?” Pagano said. “You could walk out of this building and get run over tonight. You know what I mean. You’ve got to live. You go tell him. That’s the way he is. We’ve got to make decisions, do the right thing and protect guys from themselves in the right situation. But we’re going to try to win a football game and we’re going to play.”

Pagano noted that the Colts had nothing to play for in Week 17 two years ago but still played their players in the finale.

“No, we could have done that in 2012. We’re going to play them all,” Pagano said. “Try to win them all because you never know what’s going to happen. All we can control is what we can control, and we can control how we go play on Sunday. I don’t what’s going to happen with the rest of the division and the conference. We’re going to do everything we can to give ourselves the best possible chance in the playoffs.”

The Colts, more than any other franchise, have rested starters late in seasons in the past — even eschewing a chance at a perfect season in 2009 by sitting Peyton Manning in the final two games after starting 14-0. But that was before Pagano arrived, and Pagano says that’s not how he does things.

“We have a philosophy and we’re going to stick with that philosophy. I’m not worried about anybody else’s philosophy. There’s nothing wrong with anybody’s thinking. Everybody’s different. There’s a lot of ways to skin a cat,” Pagano said.

Colts fans generally panned the team’s decision to rest Manning after locking up a playoff position, so they should be pleased with Pagano’s approach. Just as long as Luck doesn’t get hurt.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I kind of figured this would be the Pagano way, but I still expect them to not play guys as much, if we get up early I could see them laying down.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think most teams in the NFL will bring their A game just to beat Dallas. It's a personal trophy thing for them. Expect no breaks this week or next.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I kind of figured this would be the Pagano way, but I still expect them to not play guys as much, if we get up early I could see them laying down.
After they saw Philly negate a 21 point lead as fast as they did I doubt it

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I think most teams in the NFL will bring their A game just to beat Dallas. It's a personal trophy thing for them. Expect no breaks this week or next.
I don't think this is remotely true anymore. The franchise is the model of mediocrity. I doubt the Colts really give a shit they are playing the Cowboys.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I'm hoping the players aren't completely there mentally, and as a result, their effort suffers from it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't think this is remotely true anymore. The franchise is the model of mediocrity. I doubt the Colts really give a shit they are playing the Cowboys.
Listen to the media. They still churn out dialogue about the Cowboys just because of who they are and the team's in the league enjoy the exposure the Dallas franchise gets when they play them. It makes them a little jealous and fuels the incentive. With Dallas winning this season it just makes for a better feeling to take them down. Yeah they will bring it.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Listen to the media. They still churn out dialogue about the Cowboys just because of who they are and the team's in the league enjoy the exposure the Dallas franchise gets when they play them. It makes them a little jealous and fuels the incentive. With Dallas winning this season it just makes for a better feeling to take them down. Yeah they will bring it.
Hell, as far as media goes, it makes me laugh every Sunday when the NFLN runs a segment on the Cowboys right at 11 to try to keep people from turning to Fox. It happens every. single. Sunday.

Cotton

Staff member
Officials breakdown: Bill Leavy
December, 16, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- For the second time this season Bill Leavy will work a Dallas Cowboys game with him calling Sunday’s game against the Indianapolis Colts.

He had the Cowboys’ win at the Seattle Seahawks in Week 6. The Cowboys were penalized six times for 46 yards in their 30-23 win, while the Seahawks had nine penalties for 58 yards. Since 2010, Leavy has worked five Cowboys’ games, calling 30 penalties for 240 yards against Dallas and 35 for 259 yards against their opponents.

Since 2010, the Cowboys are 3-2 with Leavy as the referee.

Leavy’s crew worked the Green Bay Packers-Buffalo Bills game and called 21 penalties with 19 accepted. The Packers had nine penalties for 70 yards and the Bills were flagged 10 times for 75 yards.

The breakdown:

False start – 4
Offensive pass interference – 1
Defensive holding – 1
Neutral zone infraction – 3
Offside – 2
Offensive holding – 5
Horse collar tackle – 1
Illegal formation – 1
Unnecessary roughness – 1
Illegal use of hands – 1
Face mask – 1

Quarter-by-quarter:

First – 5
Second – 11
Third – 2
Fourth – 3

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't know if you have your head in the sand or what, but it is absolutely true.

Cotton

Staff member
T.Y. Hilton's MRI on his hamstring comes back negative
December, 15, 2014

By Mike Wells | ESPN.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- There was a big sigh of relief for the Indianapolis Colts on Monday.

The MRI done on receiver T.Y. Hilton, who left Sunday's game against the Houston Texans with a hamstring injury, came back negative and the Colts are hopeful that their leading receiver will be able to practice Wednesday or Thursday.

Hilton had four catches for 50 yards against the Texans.

As far as other injured players go, Colts coach Chuck Pagano said Hugh Thornton (knee) and Joe Reitz (ankle) are continuing to rehab and they'll know more later in the week.

Everything I have read is that he hopes to practice tomorrow.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's CBS' national game on Sunday. It's going to be huge, even though it means nothing more on paper for the Colts than relative HFA vs the AFC North champion whom they couldn't face until the AFC Championship game if both the Broncos and Patriots lose their opening playoff games.

No one tanks against Dallas. I can't recall that happening in recent memory, maybe ever.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
T.Y. Hilton's MRI on his hamstring comes back negative
December, 15, 2014

By Mike Wells | ESPN.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- There was a big sigh of relief for the Indianapolis Colts on Monday.

The MRI done on receiver T.Y. Hilton, who left Sunday's game against the Houston Texans with a hamstring injury, came back negative and the Colts are hopeful that their leading receiver will be able to practice Wednesday or Thursday.

Hilton had four catches for 50 yards against the Texans.

As far as other injured players go, Colts coach Chuck Pagano said Hugh Thornton (knee) and Joe Reitz (ankle) are continuing to rehab and they'll know more later in the week.

Everything I have read is that he hopes to practice tomorrow.
There will be rape then.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
All jokes aside, if this was us and Dez had a hamstring tweak of any kind, I would not want him playing in this game if it meant nothing to us.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
There will be rape then.
Big time. I predict a huge day for him. We need to outlast them, run the football, and score with the efficiency Romo's shown when healthy.

If they get a running game of any kind going, it's probably over.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The game concerns me but it doesn't necessarily worry me. I think the Cowboys defense can do okay with the run. I am concerned about the passing game with the Colts but Luck gets erratic at times.

Top Bottom