Eagles stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, how did Aaron Rodgers slice this team up? I think we should be taking notes from that game.
Don't think that would help. Rodgers is playing out of his mind. As good as Romo has been, Rodgers has topped that and then some.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
They must've played with poise.
It ended 24-21. We were behind most of the game and pulled it out on a long drive starting with 1:36 left in the game. It was glorious.

Cotton

Staff member

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Don't think that would help. Rodgers is playing out of his mind. As good as Romo has been, Rodgers has topped that and then some.
Correct. It would be silly to try to copy Rodgers and the Green Bay offense without, you know, Rodgers and the green bay offense.

We'll be fine if we just play our type of game.

Cotton

Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Rodgers was really ordinary against the Vikings.

Correct. It would be silly to try to copy Rodgers and the Green Bay offense without, you know, Rodgers and the green bay offense.

Bottom line GB moved the ball and scored.

Philly couldn't keep up early, tired their defense with their ridiculously fast drives and 4 turnovers, and it totally snowballed from there.

If Dallas doesn't piss away 4th quarter drives like they did missing on 3rd and 4 with that empty backfield formation they should win solidly.

Mark Sanchez is just not a good QB. Philly has LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin, outstanding special teams, and... ? A gimmicky offense, I guess

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Rodgers throws a much better deep ball. With that being said it's still not that complicated. Have long drives and tire their defense. Don't make stupid mistakes with turnovers and special teams.

The biggest thing with Philly is to not get caught up playing at their speed. Stick to what you're best at. The Eagles have thrived all year off of special teams and turnovers.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Rodgers was really ordinary against the Vikings.

Bottom line GB moved the ball and scored.
Philly couldn't keep up early, tired their defense with their ridiculously fast drives and 4 turnovers, and it totally snowballed from there.

If Dallas doesn't piss away 4th quarter drives like they did missing on 3rd and 4 with that empty backfield formation they should win solidly.

Mark Sanchez is just not a good QB. Philly has LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin, outstanding special teams, and... ? A gimmicky offense, I guess
I hope you are right but what I have seen of the Eagles this season gives me concern. Sanchez is very effective if he is given time to go through his reads and he is pretty accurate. He doesn't do well under pressure ,however and if Dallas puts the same schemes in Thursday that they started with last Sunday night , they will have trouble with Philly's offense. They will need to pressure Sanchez from the onset.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I hope you are right but what I have seen of the Eagles this season gives me concern. Sanchez is very effective if he is given time to go through his reads and he is pretty accurate. He doesn't do well under pressure ,however and if Dallas puts the same schemes in Thursday that they started with last Sunday night , they will have trouble with Philly's offense. They will need to pressure Sanchez from the onset.
I'm not taking them lightly for sure, but they are not a strong team. The way they can run up the score against the dregs of the league has made them look better than they are. Also, Mark Sanchez does not inspire confidence.

Sanchez has thrown 2 interceptions in each of three of his last four games and his QB rating has dropped in each successive game. Philly got three turnovers and a KR against the Titans to cover for him, but If Sanchez throws two picks against Dallas they will lose.

Also, the Eagles have somehow managed to conjure defensive and ST touchdowns when they've needed them. Against the Colts they got crazy penalties to go in their favor either called or not called. I don't know how long that model can sustain itself.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The key is you don't allow the Eagles to control the tempo.

They have prospered when they got ST or defensive TDs and then control the pace of the game with a team fighting from behind.

We have to avoid a slow start. That might mean being a little more aggressive with the pass game early.

Bad thing is we play a tightrope balancing act with our defense. We cannot count on them to get any efficient offense off the field. Unless there is the same kind of aggressive defense we ran last year against them in the first game, they can pick us apart.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

They have prospered when they got ST or defensive TDs and then control the pace of the game with a team fighting from behind.

We have to avoid a slow start. That might mean being a little more aggressive with the pass game early.

Bad thing is we play a tightrope balancing act with our defense. We cannot count on them to get any efficient offense off the field. Unless there is the same kind of aggressive defense we ran last year against them in the first game, they can pick us apart.
I agree the defense needs to be aggressive. Last week in the first half, Dallas gave a clinic on how, not to play defense.

Cotton

Staff member
Tony Romo ready for the 'mental' week
November, 25, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Playing two games in five days will not be an issue for Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo.

Romo went through a full practice on Tuesday -- even if it was just a little bit faster than a walkthrough -- and will practice again on Wednesday as the Cowboys go through their red-zone and short-yardage plan.

“The game will be Thursday so you do everything you can to get yourself feeling at your best around 3:30 on Thursday,” Romo said. “That’s my job, and I’m going to wear out the mental side of it to get ready and to have the Eagles down cold by the time we get there.”

The stress of the Thanksgiving week is more mental than physical. The players have not worn helmets during the two practices so far. Romo said the Cowboys used their bye week to implement some plays that could be part of the game plan this week as a way to work ahead.

Romo has fared well on Thanksgiving in his career. The Cowboys are 6-1 in his starts and has thrown 18 touchdown passes to just six interceptions.

“I mean the mental challenge is there, but I’ve played in enough Thanksgiving games to understand what is going to give you some advantages to the short week, to give you a leg up,” Romo said. “You’ve got to really grind it out. And you’ll be a little bit exhausted on the mental side of it but that’s a good thing in this sort of week.”

Hawkeye19

Brand New Member

Exactly. We are a MUCH better team when we can play with a lead. We need to show up like we did against Seattle. Hungry, fast, focussed, and fundamentally sound.

If we can do that-- we can grind out a good win on the ground and punch the Philly D in the mouth the whole game. Hell-- we may even be able to get in their heads for game #2.

kidd

DCC 4Life
I'd like to see us jump out to an early lead and force Sanchez to have play from behind and beat us.

As Booze said, that means we may have to be more aggressive in the passing game early.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't know about that. We play pretty damned good coming from behind as well.
Yep. In the last 3 seasons there has been a few collapses buy the team when they had a lead going away. I prefer an early lead then step on their neck approach. Never take your foot off until the gun sounds.

Cotton

Staff member
Terrance Williams among seven Cowboys listed as probable
November, 26, 2014

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrance Williams went through his first full practice of the week on Wednesday despite a small fracture on the tip of his left index finger. He is listed as probable for Thursday’s game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

Williams is one of seven players listed as probable, including quarterback Tony Romo, who went through his second straight full practice. Defensive tackle Josh Brent (groin), defensive tackle Tyrone Crawford (knee), right tackle Doug Free (foot), defensive tackle Nick Hayden (shoulder) and linebacker Rolando McClain (knee) are listed as probable.

Safety Jeff Heath, who had surgery on his thumb Tuesday, is listed as doubtful. On Monday, Heath expressed hope he would be able to have the surgery, wrap up his thumb and play.

Cornerback Tyler Patmon will miss his second straight game with a knee injury. Linebacker Dekoda Watson was ruled out with a hamstring injury. To cover for Watson’s absence, the Cowboys called up linebacker Keith Smith from the practice squad and placed defensive end Jack Crawford on injured reserve. Like Heath, Crawford had thumb surgery on Tuesday.

Cotton

Staff member
Dallas Cowboys DT Josh Brent not expected to play Thursday against Philadelphia Eagles

Brandon George
Published: November 26, 2014 1:40 pm

IRVING — Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent isn’t expected to play Thursday for the first time in almost two years despite defensive lineman Jack Crawford being placed on the season-ending injured reserve list Wednesday.

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said he anticipates defensive tackle Terrell McClain “getting a chance this week” against the Philadelphia Eagles. McClain is expected to be active Thursday after Brent and McClain were inactive Sunday against the New York Giants.

Cowboys defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli said McClain gives them more versatility because he can play both defensive tackle spots.

Brent was eligible to return from his 10-game suspension against the Giants, but he’s still working his way back into shape.

“He’s coming along fine,” Marinelli said Wednesday of Brent. “It’s just that we have some guys who are playing pretty well for us right now, too. So we’ll keep you updated when we feel he’s ready to go and I’ll alert you.”

Top Bottom