Cowboys go to silent count because of opponent crowd noise ... in Dallas

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I blame the corporate ticket holders who resell just for the sake of it, but it's not just hem.

Why profess to be a fan, go so far as to buy season tickets and pay a crazy PSL, only to undermine the team by selling to people you know are rooting for the competition?

I guess it's too much to ask for someone to resell to other Cowboys fans.

And what kind of fucked up fan sells out the season opener, under any circumstance? Tony Romo has every right to be disappointed.
I already told you who the ticket holders are that sell. It is the ones that have kept their season ticket rights over the years and don't won't to forfeit the licence. These are people who were attendees at Texas Stadium but since the stadium moved it is inconvenient for them.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I already told you who the ticket holders are that sell. It is the ones that have kept their season ticket rights over the years and don't won't to forfeit the licence.
These guys are shafting their own team to make a profit. To these people I'd say sell your damned inconvenient PSLs to some real fans. PSLs can be sold and usually at a profit.

I mean, as a real fan, how do you miss opening day?

Tony Romo changed a key play to a pass inside the five yard line and it looked like the OL gave up a sack because they missed the call. The game was still in doubt at the time.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
These guys are shafting their own team to make a profit. To these people I'd say sell your damned inconvenient PSLs to some real fans. PSLs can be sold and usually at a profit.

I mean, as a real fan, how do you miss opening day?

Tony Romo changed a key play to a pass inside the five yard line and it looked like the OL gave up a sack because they missed the call. The game was still in doubt at the time.
Jets fans who tried to sell PSLs this year lost an average of $3,233 per seat. Giants fans lost an average of $189, even though their team won the Super Bowl last year. And Cowboys PSL owners lost an average of $2,390 per seat since their stadium opened in 2009.

In Dallas, the losses were especially bad for licenses to luxury seats. One fan sold two PSLs originally worth $100,000 at a $95,000 discount. This year, 16 PSLs have sold on STR Marketplace for club or loge seats that were originally priced from $12,000 to $50,000. All 16 sold at a loss of at least $11,000.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2012/09/05/nfl-psls-have-become-very-risky-investments/

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Jets fans who tried to sell PSLs this year lost an average of $3,233 per seat. Giants fans lost an average of $189, even though their team won the Super Bowl last year. And Cowboys PSL owners lost an average of $2,390 per seat since their stadium opened in 2009.

In Dallas, the losses were especially bad for licenses to luxury seats. One fan sold two PSLs originally worth $100,000 at a $95,000 discount. This year, 16 PSLs have sold on STR Marketplace for club or loge seats that were originally priced from $12,000 to $50,000. All 16 sold at a loss of at least $11,000.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2012/09/05/nfl-psls-have-become-very-risky-investments/
Bummer.

Sounds like losses on the most expensive PSLs definitely brought the average down. But that's what happens when you buy high in 2009 with a brand new stadium and Cowboys in the playoffs and sell low amidst 6-10, 8-8, 8-8, and 8-8.

superpunk

Banned
people who couldn't afford the tickets bought the tickets

then sell them to opposing fans

that's their own fault

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
people who couldn't afford the tickets bought the tickets

then sell them to opposing fans

that's their own fault
It is their fault but they are doing what they can to recoup or mitigate their output. They are doing what anyone would do.

superpunk

Banned
fair enough but let's put the blame where it belongs

our idiot fans who don't know how to budget

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It is their fault but they are doing what they can to recoup or mitigate their output. They are doing what anyone would do.
... at the expense of their team.

I get it. It sucks. They bought in a sellers market and are now stuck in an endless buyers market (unless Dallas returns to being a perennial playoff contender).

But now they're hurting the team.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
... at the expense of their team.

I get it. It sucks. They bought in a sellers market and are now stuck in an endless buyers market (unless Dallas returns to being a perennial playoff contender).

But now they're hurting the team.
It will all die down and level out. It's a bit overblown now and this is the only season it has even been a topic of conversation. Most of the time folks are complaining that the stadium is too quiet. Just a big ebb and flow dialogue.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It will all die down and level out. It's a bit overblown now and this is the only season it has even been a topic of conversation. Most of the time folks are complaining that the stadium is too quiet. Just a big ebb and flow dialogue.
That's it... at least it's not quiet anymore. :lol

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The stadium being too quiet would be better than having to go to a silent count while at home. At least then, our offense could communicate.

I wonder if the Texans had to use a silent count, too?

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
fair enough but let's put the blame where it belongs

our idiot fans who don't know how to budget
I don't blame our fans one bit.

Jerry has consistently made decisions driven mainly by his desire to make money. I'm not going to chastise a fan for turning around and doing the same thing.

Jerry has made it perfectly clear that entertainment and making money are priorities 1 and 2. He's made multiple comments that support this. His desire to draft Manziel is a prime example. He didn't mention the need to acquire Manziel because Manziel would make us contenders and make the team better. Instead he lamented on how relevant Manziel would make the Cowboys.

So when I see stuff like that as a fan it makes you not want to support the product and start looking out for yourself; which is what Jerry had been doing for several years.

Bottom line, I'm fine with fans selling their tickets in order to recoup some of the money that's been fleeced from them for these over priced tickets.

p1_

DCC 4Life
By the same token, the Cowboys have always enjoyed a strong fanbase wherever they travel. There are many times the Cowboys fan presence rivals the fanbase of the team we are visiting.

Last edited:

superpunk

Banned

Jerry has consistently made decisions driven mainly by his desire to make money. I'm not going to chastise a fan for turning around and doing the same thing.

Jerry has made it perfectly clear that entertainment and making money are priorities 1 and 2. He's made multiple comments that support this. His desire to draft Manziel is a prime example. He didn't mention the need to acquire Manziel because Manziel would make us contenders and make the team better. Instead he lamented on how relevant Manziel would make the Cowboys.

So when I see stuff like that as a fan it makes you not want to support the product and start looking out for yourself; which is what Jerry had been doing for several years.

Bottom line, I'm fine with fans selling their tickets in order to recoup some of the money that's been fleeced from them for these over priced tickets.
you gave alot of bullshit reasons for fans not coming to games

they're not doing it as a form of ethical protest, they're doing it for money

there's nothing noble about it, they are shitty fans who can't afford the tickets they have or are otherwise just shitty

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Absolutely correct.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

I'm fine with it also but the fact that the tickets were overpriced is a matter of personal opinion and choice. If you commit you live with it. No one forced anyone to buy them. It is moot whether they are overpriced.

1bigfan13

Staff member
you gave alot of bullshit reasons for fans not coming to games

they're not doing it as a form of ethical protest, they're doing it for money

there's nothing noble about it, they are shitty fans who can't afford the tickets they have or are otherwise just shitty
Dude...I pretty much said the fans are doing it for money.

And again, I don't blame them for doing it since Jerry's decisions are primarily money driven.

They're making money of AT&T Stadium just like Jerry. More power to them.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I'm fine with it also but the fact that the tickets were overpriced is a matter of personal opinion and choice. If you commit you live with it. No one forced anyone to buy them. It is moot whether they are overpriced.
I agree it was their choice to buy the tickets in the first place. And it's also their choice and their right to take their property.

I believe the team's performance and overall direction of the franchise is what drove a lot of people to sell. Particularly when you consider the historically bad defenses we've fielded the past few years and the number of embarrassing performances the team has put up.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Also since we're talking about tickets. IMO, PSLs are a huge rip off. I can't believe people are willing to pay that additional fee on top of what they pay for tickets

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Also since we're talking about tickets. IMO, PSLs are a huge rip off. I can't believe people are willing to pay that additional fee on top of what they pay for tickets
Yep. It's just a not-so-veiled way of gouging the price.

Top Bottom