NBA Chatter Thread

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Hack-a-Howard got Portland back into the game I see.

Damian Lillard and Aldridge dominated the Rockets down the stretch of regulation as well.
Not really.

He actually hit 7 straight free throws in the 4th.

The Rockets just couldn't get any stops.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Not really.

He actually hit 7 straight free throws in the 4th.

The Rockets just couldn't get any stops.
They started hacking him with about 5 minutes to play, he hit the first 2 then missed 4 straight before being benched.

I'd say it worked especially since it forced McHale to bench him when Portland was making their run to get back into the game.

BTW....Pat Beverley re-injured his right knee. They are calling it a sprain with more test to follow and his availability for the rest of the series unknown at this point.

If he can't got it's over. Jeremy Lin has no shot against Lillard.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Knicks have officially fired Mike Woodson.

Next up on the chopping block....D'Antonio.

As an aside, both the Laker and Knick jobs are bad jobs for the next couple of years. Whoever takes those jobs can expect to win 40 or fewer games for the next couple of seasons unless some team idiotically bails them out with a dumb trade.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Lakers are closer now...getting some cap space and have a high pick.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:picard

1bigfan13

Staff member

:picard

"Even though they lost they put on an entertaining show. So there's that." - Jerry Jones.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's a shame the Thunder couldn't win last night's game in overtime.

It took a near miracle just to get it to OT but they just couldn't close the deal.

I've got some beef with Durant. That negro needs to play better defense. For a superstar soon to be MVP, he plays some of the worst defense I've ever seen from a player of his caliber.

It's like he just doesn't GAF. He loses his man on defense......regularly. His defensive IQ is very low.

I get it that he wants to save some energy and coast a bit so that he can finish games strong but he should at least keep his eyes on his man instead of letting them sneak behind him for uncontested layups.

If he gave me an average defensive effort I'd be fine with that but right now his defense is garbage and that's unacceptable.

1bigfan13

Staff member
R.I.P. Bulls. We hardly knew ya.

Sincerely, 2014 NBA Playoffs.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
It's a shame the Thunder couldn't win last night's game in overtime.

It took a near miracle just to get it to OT but they just couldn't close the deal.

I've got some beef with Durant. That negro needs to play better defense. For a superstar soon to be MVP, he plays some of the worst defense I've ever seen from a player of his caliber.

It's like he just doesn't GAF. He loses his man on defense......regularly. His defensive IQ is very low.

I get it that he wants to save some energy and coast a bit so that he can finish games strong but he should at least keep his eyes on his man instead of letting them sneak behind him for uncontested layups.

If he gave me an average defensive effort I'd be fine with that but right now his defense is garbage and that's unacceptable.
Take away the bit about MVP and you're basically talking about James Harden.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Take away the bit about MVP and you're basically talking about James Harden.
Beat me to it.

These big time scorers just don't care to do it. Whether it's Durant, Carmelo, or Harden, they simply don't give the impression that defense is something they care to improve.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Mavs up 12 on the Spurs in the 2nd quarter. For some reason I don't have much faith in them being able to hold on to this lead.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Mavs up 12 on the Spurs in the 2nd quarter. For some reason I don't have much faith in them being able to hold on to this lead.
They're playing well right now, but it's not this point in the game you have to worry about.

It's the final stretch of the 4th that's the problem.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Mavs with the double digit lead, but being as it isn't the 4th qtr yet, I'm not skurred if what's coming next.

Top Bottom