Week 6 Gameday Chatter | Cowboys vs. Seahawks | 10/12/2014

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Watching the game a second time (minus the fucking first quarter of course) and I was impressed by a lot of the heads up plays, especially on 3rd downs.

One of the passes to Dunbar basically had Witten directing him where to go and he delivered a perfect open field block on his guy.

Granted, I do think the Seahawks missed both Wagner and Maxwell, but we just were so prepared and executed very well.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Also think that Martin is a catalyst on the OL in developing that personality. He was the one guy fired up after each TD the most. Kid is only going to get better.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Forgot about the fight at the end of the first half. They weren't taking any shit.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Watching the game a second time (minus the fucking first quarter of course) and I was impressed by a lot of the heads up plays, especially on 3rd downs.

One of the passes to Dunbar basically had Witten directing him where to go and he delivered a perfect open field block on his guy.

Granted, I do think the Seahawks missed both Wagner and Maxwell, but we just were so prepared and executed very well.
That was one of my favorite plays, it was pretty awesome seeing Witten shepherd Dunbar like that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah, I am getting fucking obnoxious.

Warned you all. Haven't homered out like this in forever.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The Seahawks got jobbed on a few ticky tack calls. Rare you get that kind of favor on the road, but since we were playing tougher, maybe that got us some credit.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Phil...awesome piece there to open the game.

:unsure

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
As much as people talk about the Seahawks D, they are not nearly as aggressive when their offense is not clicking on the ground. They just played a lot of ultra loose zone and allowed an amazing number of third and long conversions.

I guess the same applies to us...more evidence how important the run game is about establishing tempo and personality.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The Seahawks got jobbed on a few ticky tack calls. Rare you get that kind of favor on the road, but since we were playing tougher, maybe that got us some credit.
That has been one of the most amazing things about the year so far other teams are getting those calls and not us.

Also, the number of long scoring drives we have had, we have to be leading the NFL.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
As much as people talk about the Seahawks D, they are not nearly as aggressive when their offense is not clicking on the ground. They just played a lot of ultra loose zone and allowed an amazing number of third and long conversions.

I guess the same applies to us...more evidence how important the run game is about establishing tempo and personality.
Pretty crazy how much better our pass rush looked as well. Of course that may have something to do with our O-line being the best in the NFL.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol @ J.J. Wilcox on Lynch's one big run. Amazing he only had one.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pretty crazy how much better our pass rush looked as well. Of course that may have something to do with our O-line being the best in the NFL.
It is not good, I would describe it as pesky. A lot of hand action and battling. They are giving max effort, but they aren't that talented.

Top Bottom