Eatman: Pointing To Depth Of Draft, Jones Hints At Possible Trades

SfielDallas

Brand New Member
If history repeats itself and we trade our second to move up, who do u want? It would hurt but what would be least offensive return. That would get us in the 9-11 range.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What is a reasonable price when you only have six picks?

I had an issue with Claiborne costing us a third last year. I'd have an even bigger issue giving that up in this draft.
True.

Yeah, if Warmack, Cooper, and Richardson are gone, this could be a great time to move back and focus on getting an extra pick or two and landing Pugh and Long or something like that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
True.

Yeah, if Warmack, Cooper, and Richardson are gone, this could be a great time to move back and focus on getting an extra pick or two and landing Pugh and Long or something like that.
Please no on Long.

D

Deuce

You just don't move up for Gs.
I don't agree.

If a player is a difference maker and you want him, go get him. Guards aren't supposed to be top 10 picks either and they might be this year.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Can't trade down without a partner and everyone is aware of the depth in this draft so there won't be any steals to be had. Only trade-down scenario I see is if Geno Smith or Austin miraculously makes it to 18. And if Austin makes it to 18, Dallas should draft him.

No, better to trade up and get Warmack or Lotulelei if they start to drop.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't agree.

If a player is a difference maker and you want him, go get him. Guards aren't supposed to be top 10 picks either and they might be this year.
As much as I like Warmack I am not giving up a pick to go and get him. This team needs more than a G to get better, we need more picks, not less.

I value the position, but a difference maker to me is a QB, WR, DE, DT type to me.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
As much as I like Warmack I am not giving up a pick to go and get him. This team needs more than a G to get better, we need more picks, not less.
If you had a shot at the next Larry Allen or Will Shields, wouldn't you trade an extra 3rd round pick? That's all it might take in a deep draft like this.

junk

Not So New Member
I don't think this Sully guy knows what the hell he's talking about. This is not a draft you want to move up in for the most part.

Our needs don't align with that type of move.

If you think we stay at 18 and go BPA, fine. But I fail to see how anyone can logically suggest we want to trade up.
There is no logic. This is Jerry. We're close. New defense and avoid injuries? Just need one more impact player. :tehj

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

I value the position, but a difference maker to me is a QB, WR, DE, DT type to me.
I agree.

Cotton

Staff member
If you had a shot at the next Larry Allen or Will Shields, wouldn't you trade an extra 3rd round pick? That's all it might take in a deep draft like this.
Deep draft. You said so yourself. More picks in a deep draft are way better than less.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
I don't want to trade down, get some marginal 1st round pick and then watch Jerry waste whatever extra pick we acquire on another Matt Johnson. And there aren't really any players in this draft worth spending the picks to move up for. Just make the goddamn pick at #18. This idea that everybody worth taking will be gone by then simply does not play out with draft history. QB's will be taken and push players down. Some team will make a dumbass pick out of left field and push players down. A quality player -- very likely a quality OL or DL -- will be available if Jerry isn't too retarded to pull the trigger.

D

Deuce

There are some people I like at the end of the 1st that after a trade down would be money.

ie: Datone Jones

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Deep draft. You said so yourself. More picks in a deep draft are way better than less.
Agree normally, but the exception is when special players can be had. Besides, everyone knows it's a deep draft so they're holding onto their picks. No one is going to trade up short of a very specific player falling.

D

Deuce

Agree normally, but the exception is when special players can be had. Besides, everyone knows it's a deep draft so they're holding onto their picks. No one is going to trade up short of a very specific player falling.
Atlanta has already made it public knowledge they are looking to move up.

Cotton

Staff member
Atlanta has already made it public knowledge they are looking to move up.
I think SF may as well simply because of how many picks they have to play with.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Stay put and give me a solid Eifert.

Top Bottom