Must See Movies

BipolarFuk

Demoted
I thought GOTG 2 was a massive letdown. Marvel is reaching a point now with their smugness is taking away from movies. Forced humor and a few slow motion walking scenes, with underwhelming music, kind of lost it for me. It is entertaining, but not even close to the first one.
Did Micheal Bay direct?

vince

Not So New Member
I don't know if anyone here would know of these movies but it stars Scott Adkins as a prison mma fighter. The new one in the installments just came out called Undisputed 4: Boyka. It was supposedly released in the states a few weeks ago but I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I don't know if anyone here would know of these movies but it stars Scott Adkins as a prison mma fighter. The new one in the installments just came out called Undisputed 4: Boyka. It was supposedly released in the states a few weeks ago but I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas?
I think the first one is called Undisputed. That would be my guess.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I thought GOTG 2 was a massive letdown. Marvel is reaching a point now with their smugness is taking away from movies. Forced humor and a few slow motion walking scenes, with underwhelming music, kind of lost it for me. It is entertaining, but not even close to the first one.
A massive let down compared to what?

The first one?

Well, nobody expected that, so it is to be expected.

Lookit, this one had every chance to suck and just be a filler towards Infinity Wars just like the second Thor movie was a waste of time to the Avengers.

It wasn't.

Get the stick out of your ass and appreciate, Carphalen.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Anyone intrigued by the new Transformers movie coming out?
Not really.

I don't think people that appreciate the Transformers franchise are anything like those that follow the comic book movies, DC or Marvel.

It is kind of like if someone stuck with the He-Man franchise and tried to make a go of it.

The Transformers were toys. I guess some people relate back to the 1980s cartoons, but that is it.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Not really.

I don't think people that appreciate the Transformers franchise are anything like those that follow the comic book movies, DC or Marvel.

It is kind of like if someone stuck with the He-Man franchise and tried to make a go of it.

The Transformers were toys. I guess some people relate back to the 1980s cartoons, but that is it.
If they would have based the movies on the 80's comic, then they could have been great. And with a different director, of course.

Those Bay movies are literally painful to watch. Just fucking garbage.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
If they would have based the movies on the 80's comic, then they could have been great. And with a different director, of course.

Are you "intrigued" by Michael Bey though.

D

Deuce

I agree, but they make $750M on each movie so they'll keep churning them out.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just flipping channels and Risky Business was on one of the HBO channels.

Damn, what a classic movie.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Jeremy Renner to Play Famed Gunslinger 'Doc' Holliday in New Film

Jeremy Renner to Play Famed Gunslinger 'Doc' Holliday in New Film

The actor will join a list that includes Kirk Douglas, Val Kilmer and Dennis Quaid as having tackled the role.
Jeremy Renner is taking aim at legendary gunfighter John Henry “Doc” Holliday. PalmStar Media has optioned the rights to two Mary Doria Russell novels, Doc and Epitaph: A Novel of the O.K. Corral, that are being developed as a Renner starring vehicle.

PalmStar’s Kevin Frakes will produce the as-yet untitled film alongside Renner and Don Handfield’s The Combine, a company whose credits include the Michael Keaton starrer The Founder. The Combine inked a first-look deal with PalmStar in 2015.

Considered to be seminal books on the charismatic gunslinger, the novels chronicle Holliday's life from his time as a gentleman dentist in Reconstruction-era Atlanta to his stand alongside Wyatt Earp at the gunfight at the O.K. Corral, made famous in Hollywood films including Gunfight at the O.K. Corral and Tombstone. Previous Doc Hollidays include Kirk Douglas, Val Kilmer and Dennis Quaid.

“We are excited to re-introduce this classic American character to a whole new audience by chronicling Doc Holliday’s incredible transformation from average Joe dentist to a man who Wyatt Earp called the ‘nerviest, speediest, deadliest man with a six-gun [he] ever knew,’” Renner and Handfield said in a joint statement.

Added Frakes: “Jeremy Renner as Doc Holliday ... f—king awesome.”

The Combine's Philip G. Flores and Kristoffer Winters also will produce alongside PalmStar's Buddy Patrick.

PalmStar is currently in production on The Catcher Was a Spy, starring Paul Rudd, Paul Giamatti, Guy Pearce and Sienna Miller. The company is in development on an adaptation of Paulo Coelho’s best-selling novel The Alchemist with TriStar Pictures.

The Combine recently wrapped production on Season 1 of Knightfall for A&E Studios and History Channel, which was created, written and produced by Handfield and Richard Rayner. The pair also produced Kill the Messenger for Focus Features.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Ok, So I took the family and saw Guardians today. it was fun and action packed as you would expect. I did get tired of every line almost having to be some form of sarcastic joke, but all in all it was entertaining. 4 out of 5 stars. There is quite a bit more language than the last one so be careful with the kids.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I enjoyed the one liners and comedic tone of GOTG2.

I didn't enjoy Kurt Russell's character, though. Kind of a lame villain if you ask me.

Top Bottom