Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video Game Chatter

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Well you can either spend $13 dollars and have a working PS3 or you can spend $27 and have a working PS3. Seems like a no brainer to me. You'll never use the stupid warranty anyway.
    It's a PS1, and while I agree that I will never use the warranty it does assure me that it will at least turn on and work at the time I take possession of it.
    For some reason I can't say that phrase out loud, its one of the reasons I will never be the actor Robert Downey Jr is. I always say Tastey Peabag instead of Pastey Teabag, and thats a really big difference on just a two letter swing.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Newt View Post
      It's a PS1, and while I agree that I will never use the warranty it does assure me that it will at least turn on and work at the time I take possession of it.
      Opps yeah I meant to say PS1. All the talk of PS3's got me to type the wrong thing.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
        Literally not sure if I will buy another game until this comes out. Seems like it's been awhile since there was a game that I got really excited for. This is one of them.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by vince View Post
          Anybody have a working PS3 they want to part ways with?
          Yepper

          Comment


          • I'm keeping my PS3 because there are still games from PS2 and PS1 that I like playing.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
              I'm keeping my PS3 because there are still games from PS2 and PS1 that I like playing.
              Lucky, you still have a backwards compatible PS3 that works.
              For some reason I can't say that phrase out loud, its one of the reasons I will never be the actor Robert Downey Jr is. I always say Tastey Peabag instead of Pastey Teabag, and thats a really big difference on just a two letter swing.

              Comment


              • I hear PS5 may be backwards compatible thanks to the Xbox One introducing it.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                  I hear PS5 may be backwards compatible thanks to the Xbox One introducing it.
                  That would be awesome. I'd really love to replay Red Dead Redemption right now but I'm not sure how since it's a PS3 game and I don't really want to go back to my old PS3.
                  Last edited by Cowboysrock55; 05-17-2018, 10:42 AM.

                  Comment


                  • I love the original Red Dead Redemption so much that I would buy an Xbox One X simply because you can play Red Dead Redemption on it with a patch that up-rez's the graphics and resolution to 4k.

                    I have no idea why Rockstar has not remastered and re-released Red Dead Redemption for this generation of consoles and PC. I still hope somewhere in the back of my mind that they are hiding an announcement of a remaster to be released alongside the sequel; or in the alternative that they will do a ten year anniversary remaster in 2020, as they've done similar ten year remasters for some other games of theirs.

                    I would buy that shit for Steam on PC, or any PC software platform for that matter (though all Rockstar's games are on Steam), in a fucking nanosecond. I'd pay twice the normal rate for a remaster with upgraded 4k graphics and bug/gameplay tweaks.

                    Twice. I'd drop $120. They could market it as a remaster and throw in a steel case and some useless junk trinkets, call it a Special Anniversary Edition, and I will gladly fork over $120. Probably more.

                    There are rumors out there that the code for Red Dead Redemption is a complete and utter mess, and adapting it to PC or the new generation of consoles would take forever, much longer than a normal port or remaster, because they'd have to go back and clean up so much of the mess, that it would take them a significant amount of time that they could just spend writing a new game. But I'm not entirely sure that argument works, because I think a remaster would sell so well, it would be worth their while. You sell a remaster of that game on PC/PS4/Xbox1, and it will outsell the original release of the game. Book it.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                      I love the original Red Dead Redemption so much that I would buy an Xbox One X simply because you can play Red Dead Redemption on it with a patch that up-rez's the graphics and resolution to 4k.

                      I have no idea why Rockstar has not remastered and re-released Red Dead Redemption for this generation of consoles and PC. I still hope somewhere in the back of my mind that they are hiding an announcement of a remaster to be released alongside the sequel; or in the alternative that they will do a ten year anniversary remaster in 2020, as they've done similar ten year remasters for some other games of theirs.

                      I would buy that shit for Steam on PC, or any PC software platform for that matter (though all Rockstar's games are on Steam), in a fucking nanosecond. I'd pay twice the normal rate for a remaster with upgraded 4k graphics and bug/gameplay tweaks.

                      Twice. I'd drop $120. They could market it as a remaster and throw in a steel case and some useless junk trinkets, call it a Special Anniversary Edition, and I will gladly fork over $120. Probably more.

                      There are rumors out there that the code for Red Dead Redemption is a complete and utter mess, and adapting it to PC or the new generation of consoles would take forever, much longer than a normal port or remaster, because they'd have to go back and clean up so much of the mess, that it would take them a significant amount of time that they could just spend writing a new game. But I'm not entirely sure that argument works, because I think a remaster would sell so well, it would be worth their while. You sell a remaster of that game on PC/PS4/Xbox1, and it will outsell the original release of the game. Book it.
                      Yeah my buddy was talking about wanting to replay it and I had just automatically assumed that there was a remastered version for the PS4. But it turns out I was wrong.

                      I'd go back and play the PS3 version but I feel like my PS3 is on it's last legs. I pretty much just use it as a blue ray player in my living room. Still I may end up going out and buying another copy of the old game and replaying it. Loved it that much.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                        They still sell PS3s you know.
                        Yea but I'm more interested in a used one.

                        Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
                        I'd imagine you could find one pretty cheap on ebay/craigslist
                        I'm on there now. Just a little skeptical because most of them don't accept returns and i may end up with one that doesn't work. I heard these things can fry at any moment.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by vince View Post
                          Yea but I'm more interested in a used one.



                          I'm on there now. Just a little skeptical because most of them don't accept returns and i may end up with one that doesn't work. I heard these things can fry at any moment.
                          I've personally had good luck on electronics from ebay, also even if a seller says no returns if they sell you something that breaks right away ebay/paypal will always find in the customers favor in that situation if you file a claim
                          2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by vince View Post
                            Yea but I'm more interested in a used one.



                            I'm on there now. Just a little skeptical because most of them don't accept returns and i may end up with one that doesn't work. I heard these things can fry at any moment.
                            If you find one on craigslist or even a facebook yardsale page, I'd probably ask them to plug it in and show that it works. But after that you're probably fine. I still have the original style PS3 running so I wouldn't be so worried if I were you. Just make sure it runs on the HDMI port.

                            Comment


                            • Comment


                              • I got RDR on My PS3 as a download for the PSplus. I still love that game. Looks pretty good on my projection screen even at original resolution.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X