The Gun Thread

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I picked a Stevens' Tactical 12 gauge today on the cheap. 200 bucks new.

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet but will in the next week.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Never heard of it. My 2 6920s should be here later this month, plus I ordered a new Liberty safe Presidential 35 gun model. Will fit nicely in the closet of my new house. That should be done in 2 more months. Lots of good thengs happening here. Yay me!

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
Oh yeah, I am going to get issued a new Glock 22 in 40 cal this month too. Then I can purchase the Sig 226 I've been carrying for the past 2 years.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
My next gun purchase: something I can buy ammo for.

Shit is ridiculous.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
ETA...7 days.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Is that a gun that Hostiles fake plastic soldiers would use?

UncleMilti

Staff member
Is that a gun that Hostiles fake plastic soldiers would use?
:tehj

I can't wait. This will be my 3rd one. I just sold 2 Colts the other day...made good money on them.

UncleMilti

Staff member
Gawddamn..why is the picture so big.

:laff

Cotton

Staff member
Cheater.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
ETA...7 days.
That's nice. What caliber are you getting?

I just finished putting this one together. Colt LE6920, optics are a Burris red dot X3 and a Burris holographic. Changed out the front guards to a quad picatinny rail and added the fore grip/bipod. Haven't decided if I'm going to add a tactical light. Probably will sooner or later. Just bought 1000 rounds of Federal 5.56 FMJ for it, too.

UncleMilti

Staff member
That's nice. What caliber are you getting?

I just finished putting this one together. Colt LE6920, optics are a Burris red dot X3 and a Burris holographic. Changed out the front guards to a quad picatinny rail and added the fore grip/bipod. Haven't decided if I'm going to add a tactical light. Probably will sooner or later. Just bought 1000 rounds of Federal 5.56 FMJ for it, too.

That's a great looking setup.

This one is 5.56. I already have a 300 Blackout.

I'm going with an EOTech w/ magnifier on this one. No iron sights.

I'm going with this tactical light: http://www.haleystrategic.com/store/inforce_wml_hsp.php

Last edited:

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
EOTech makes great optics, and maybe the best holographic out there. This is the first holo I've owned and didn't want to drop the 5-600 hundred on the EOTech unless I knew I liked it. I'll probably end up selling this one and going with the EOTech, I really like it so far. The bipod I have took me awhile to find. It pivots 45 degrees side to side and up and down to widen field of fire w/o raising off the bipod. Searched on all the tactical sites I could find and they were always out of stock. Finally found it on amazon of all places. :lol

I left the front sight on this one because I'm a sucker for iron sight shooting with these. It doesn't interfere with the optics. Takes about 30 seconds to drop the optics off and replace the carrying handle w/ rear sights. I never fired less than expert with my M-16, but never shot hawkeye, either. (40/40) A few 39's best I could do. Still like to go out and shoot long range target with iron sites.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I just picked up 2 of the Colt 6920s today. I think one is going to my Dad if he wants it.

If not, it will find a home in my safe. For one of them I bought the Aimpoint PRO and some small stuff. Bag, Night sights, sling for on duty etc. I'll post pics later, but I'm excited. Nodak, if you don't mind me asking, where'd you get the 1000 rounds. Hard to find here in FT worth right now.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I just picked up 2 of the Colt 6920s today. I think one is going to my Dad if he wants it.

If not, it will find a home in my safe. For one of them I bought the Aimpoint PRO and some small stuff. Bag, Night sights, sling for on duty etc. I'll post pics later, but I'm excited. Nodak, if you don't mind me asking, where'd you get the 1000 rounds. Hard to find here in FT worth right now.
Sorry, just saw this. I bought it from NAPA here in town of all places. The guy that runs NAPA, his son has a gun store attached to the business. He ordered it for me, took a month to come in. There are places you can go online to buy in bulk, but it is WAY overpriced. Just google search ammo sales and a shitload of sites will show up. Some more expensive than others, and a lot of times they're out of stock anyway.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I bought a Gamo Whisper Fusion air rifle this weekend. Ho-lee-shit, this is not like the pellet guns we grew up with. It shoots .177 sized pellets at 1300 fps. I was shooting gophers at over 50 yards and flipping them over when it hit 'em. This sucker is awesome. Really quiet, with no recoil at all. I had my 7 year old daughter shooting it.

You only cock the barrel once, and load a single pellet while it's broke over. Snap the barrel back up in place and fire. I have no idea how it can generate that much force off a one-time cocking of the barrel and a single lead pellet with no other propulsion.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Just bought this for my concealed carry. My Kimber Custom II w/ 5" barrel was just too big for CC.

Kimber stainless Ultra Raptor II

Specifications
• Caliber: .45 ACP
• Height (inches) 90° to barrel: 4.75
• Weight (ounces) with empty magazine: 25
• Length (inches): 6.8
• Magazine capacity: 7
• Ambidextrous thumb safety
• Recoil spring (pounds): 18.0
• Full-length guide rod

Frame
• Material: Aluminum
• Finish: Satin silver
• KimPro II™ frame finish
• Width (inches): 1.28

Slide
• Material: Stainless steel
• Finish: Satin silver

Barrel
• Length (inches): 3
• Material: Steel, match grade
• Twist rate (left hand): 16
• Ramped

Sights
• Tactical Wedge Tritium night sights, fixed
• Radius (inches): 4.8

Grips
• Zebra wood, scale pattern

Trigger
• Aluminum, match grade
• Factory setting (approximate pounds): 4.0 - 5.0

Cotton

Staff member
That is a sweet looking weapon.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Dumb gun questions: when you buy guns from private owners and gun shows do you have to register them? I'd like guns but I'd rather do a private sale.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Dumb gun questions: when you buy guns from private owners and gun shows do you have to register them? I'd like guns but I'd rather do a private sale.
No. At least in North Dakota, you don't. Check your local laws, but considering you're in Texas, I doubt that you do.

Top Bottom