Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gun Thread

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
    I just bought another AR...but this time went with a 300 Blackout. Made by Spikes Tactical. Should be here next week.

    Nice, not familiar with their full builds but Spikes does have some really cool custom lowers
    2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rev View Post
      YOU MONSTER!!!!!
      Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post
      He hates kids, apparently.
      I think I'll order another one so theres no doubting the hate.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by jsmith6919 View Post
        Nice, not familiar with their full builds but Spikes does have some really cool custom lowers
        I got the one with the Viking stamped lower.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
          I got the one with the Viking stamped lower.
          2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

          Comment


          • Comment


            • Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
              I think I'll order another one so theres no doubting the hate.

              You can send me one if you want, I'll fight the good fight.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
                You can send me one if you want, I'll fight the good fight.
                In all seriousness, I bought my 2 sons each an AR-15 and 2 lowers and I keep them in my safe. The lowers were like 45 bucks, and the complete AR was like 499.00....I mean, how can you beat that?

                When the boys are much older I'll give them the guns and lowers and what they do with it is up to them.

                I also have stockpiled 30 round mags. I'm up to 75 right now.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
                  I also have stockpiled 30 round mags. I'm up to 75 right now.

                  I'm not far behind you, I've also been getting the 60rnd and up drum mags when I find them in stock
                  2018 DCC Super Bowl Bingo Champion

                  Comment


                  • Ok, hunting rifle question. Anyone ever shot a Tikka and if so what were your thoughts. I'm going to buy a new rifle in 7mm Rem Mag and not sure if I want a Tikka or Savage like the 111 Long Range Hunter.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by fortsbest View Post
                      Ok, hunting rifle question. Anyone ever shot a Tikka and if so what were your thoughts. I'm going to buy a new rifle in 7mm Rem Mag and not sure if I want a Tikka or Savage like the 111 Long Range Hunter.
                      Both are great guns. Out of the box accuracy is top notch on either one. However, if you are at all interested in customizing (say a new stock, action accurizing, etc) you will find a lot more options and it will be a ton cheaper on the Savage.

                      Not that you are asking my opinion, but I'm a huge Remington fan, because of the number of gunsmiths who accurize them and make parts for them. Heres one of a few of my custom rifles built off a Rem 700 based action.

                      Last edited by UncleMilti; 04-14-2018, 08:34 PM.

                      Comment


                      • I looked at a custom builder here in town called Alamo Precision. They do really good work. A standard custom they build off the Rem 700 action starts at $1900. It's a nice gun as is, but I don't know that I need that to shoot an elk or deer. The 15 year old uncustomized 700ADL I have does that fine. But, I do want another to put the Burris Illuminator III 4x16 50mm that I'm gonna buy on. Therefore, for the money, I was looking at one of those. $7-900 for the rifle, $1400 for the scope, and Elk in the freezer!

                        Comment


                        • For about $500 more they'll build it with a custom action too. Their standard model looked a lot like yours, but had the barrel fluted as well.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by fortsbest View Post
                            I looked at a custom builder here in town called Alamo Precision. They do really good work. A standard custom they build off the Rem 700 action starts at $1900. It's a nice gun as is, but I don't know that I need that to shoot an elk or deer. The 15 year old uncustomized 700ADL I have does that fine. But, I do want another to put the Burris Illuminator III 4x16 50mm that I'm gonna buy on. Therefore, for the money, I was looking at one of those. $7-900 for the rifle, $1400 for the scope, and Elk in the freezer!
                            Solid logic.

                            I decided to go the customized route back in 2007 because I was shooting out to 500 yards on some of my hunts and also wanted some different attachment points for bipods and stuff like that.

                            Then it became about weight. The Rem 700 actions have a lot of guys building stocks for them.

                            The rifle in the pic weighs in at 6 pounds bare and is chambered in 280 AI. It has the same energy at 600 yards as any of the magnums with about 25% less recoil. I took an elk in CO at 488 yards with it off a Trigger Stick tripod.

                            But to answer your question again, I prefer the Savage because of its accuracy.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
                              Solid logic.

                              I decided to go the customized route back in 2007 because I was shooting out to 500 yards on some of my hunts and also wanted some different attachment points for bipods and stuff like that.

                              Then it became about weight. The Rem 700 actions have a lot of guys building stocks for them.

                              The rifle in the pic weighs in at 6 pounds bare and is chambered in 280 AI. It has the same energy at 600 yards as any of the magnums with about 25% less recoil. I took an elk in CO at 488 yards with it off a Trigger Stick tripod.

                              But to answer your question again, I prefer the Savage because of its accuracy.
                              You monster.
                              2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by UncleMilti View Post
                                Solid logic.

                                I decided to go the customized route back in 2007 because I was shooting out to 500 yards on some of my hunts and also wanted some different attachment points for bipods and stuff like that.

                                Then it became about weight. The Rem 700 actions have a lot of guys building stocks for them.

                                The rifle in the pic weighs in at 6 pounds bare and is chambered in 280 AI. It has the same energy at 600 yards as any of the magnums with about 25% less recoil. I took an elk in CO at 488 yards with it off a Trigger Stick tripod.

                                But to answer your question again, I prefer the Savage because of its accuracy.
                                280 AI is not a round I'm familiar with. All the guys in my group shoot 300 WM. I like my 7mm Rem Mag. I took my deer at 175 and he jumped, did a flip and DRT. My elk I got at 375. With my Dead Air Sandman TI shooting 175 grains, it shoots like a 243.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X