X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
    I agree with this but a part of me thinks they've been coasting over the last couple of months. Doing just enough to get into the post-season.
    That's been Boston's MO since halfway through their championship season. So that alone gives me hope. But at some point age will take over. I wouldn't be shocked if they get swept in the 1st round or if they take out Miami in the ECF.

Comment

Originally posted by Carp View Post
      I'm kind of a Knicks whore...I just like the way they are playing right now.
      They are fun to watch, but they don't play a sustainable style of play for the playoffs. They won't hit 3's like crazy and you can't not play D.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrule122 View Post
        The Lakers have a better shot to advance playing the Spurs than they do the Thunder.
        I don't believe that.

The Spurs are going to beat them in 5 games, max.
        2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

Comment

Originally posted by Deuce View Post
          They are fun to watch, but they don't play a sustainable style of play for the playoffs. They won't hit 3's like crazy and you can't not play D.
          Agreed.

They might make the ECF just because the conference is so weakened with Rondo being out, the Bulls myriad of injuries on top of Rose still being out and Granger as well. I think a Pacers/Knicks series would be a toss up though.

Comment

Three things:

1.) Props to Boston, I didn't give them a chance of making the playoffs when the season began.

2.) That injury to Kobe is brutal at his age, but if there is anyone who would come back from that and dominate just to prove he could, it's him. I have him up there with Jordan as one of the GOATS.

3.) It must suck to be the Knicks and know that you can probably get to the ECF, yet have no chance against Miami. The Heat is a well oiled machine and I see them rolling to another title.

Comment

The Knicks were 7th in the league in points allowed and are 6th in point differential, but if you hear Deuce and Simp tell it they never play defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Carp View Post
                The Knicks were 7th in the league in points allowed and are 6th in point differential, but if you hear Deuce and Simp tell it they never play defense.
                They play much better under Woodson than they did under D'Antoni, but I guess some reps are hard to break.

To be honest, I don't see NY being this solid defensive team either, but I guess we'll find out where they truly stand on that end in a few days.
                Last edited by Texas Ace; 04-18-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

I would say they are a solid defensive team, but they can get stops which some are saying they can't. With a guy like Chandler you are always going to get stops and Martin is nice to have in a playoff run. It is a joke to say Indiana is a toss up with them.

Comment

Watching Fresh Prince this morning on TBS reminded me of my favorite NBA gif:

Comment

Apparently the Cavaliers are seriously considering bringing Mike Brown back as head coach.

They fired him after a 61 win season in 2010.

Comment

Jeff Green is going all Jeff Green on the Knicks in the 1st half.

Comment

Carmelo is such a chucker/ball hog.

Could you imagine Westbrook and Melo on the same team. They'd be fun to watch but probably wouldn't win many games.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                            Carmelo is such a chucker/ball hog.

Could you imagine Westbrook and Melo on the same team. They'd be fun to watch but probably wouldn't win many games.
                            We saw it a little this past summer. I think Coach K learned that lesson pretty quickly.

Comment

Courtney Lee sucks. He's been a bust on offense and his defense isn't what it used to be.

Comment

Through one game, the Knicks certainly look formidable on defense.

Boston can't get anything going offensively in this 4th quarter.

Comment

Working...
                                X