NBA Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Can't put your fate in the hands of James Harden.

He'll fail you when it matters most every single time.
Yep. Every single time. This even goes back to his OKC Thunder days. He was terrible during the 2012 Finals.

He's a free agent too. I wonder what franchise he's going to let down next.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yep. Every single time. This even goes back to his OKC Thunder days. He was terrible during the 2012 Finals.

What's astonishing about him isn't just that he fails, but how spectacularly he fails.

He had 9 points in that game yesterday.....NINE.

He scored a measly 13 in game 6 with a chance to close them out at home.

And everybody in Houston remembers his complete no-show in game 7 vs the Spurs in the WC semifinals when he just outright quit.

There's soft players and then there's guys who just cannot function whatsoever in crunch time.

Harden is the latter.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

If only the 76ers front office read here. Im pretty sure the members here that had Harden on their team prior tried to warn them.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What's astonishing about him isn't just that he fails, but how spectacularly he fails.

He had 9 points in that game yesterday.....NINE.

He scored a measly 13 in game 6 with a chance to close them out at home.

And everybody in Houston remembers his complete no-show in game 7 vs the Spurs in the WC semifinals when he just outright quit.

There's soft players and then there's guys who just cannot function whatsoever in crunch time.

Harden is the latter.
In 2020 he was out played by Lu Dort in game 7 of their 1st round series vs OKC. Dort was an undrafted rookie free agent who had only joined the Thunder around midseason.

But there he was in a do or die game, dropping 30 points on Harden while holding him to 17 points on 4-15 shooting on the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:

1bigfan13

Staff member
If only the 76ers front office read here. Im pretty sure the members here that had Harden on their team prior tried to warn them.
I actually lol'd at this clip.

• Haha
Reactions: Rev

Rev

Staff member
WTF? There was talk about him going back to Houston? I know we are bad and need players but no freaking way.

1bigfan13

Staff member
He has TWENTY-NINE playoff games shooting worse then 30% from the field!

:lol
That's because he's always been overly reliant on the three point shot. When the threes aren't falling and the refs aren't bailing him out with cheap fouls, he's screwed.

In that game 7 vs OKC that I referenced, he only shot 1-9 from 3-point range.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
WTF? There was talk about him going back to Houston? I know we are bad and need players but no freaking way.
Yeah, those rumors have been going on since about midseason.

1bigfan13

Staff member
I don't know why Houston would want to do it. They're extremely young and not ready to compete for a playoff spot.

Bringing Harden in would stunt the development of the young guys. And let's face it, Harden isn't exactly known for his strong work ethic and strong leadership skills. I can only imagine the bad habits those layers would pick up from him. Not getting back on defense. Lazy off the ball effort. Undisciplined offseason conditioning. Etc.

That marriage makes no sense to me.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I actually lol'd at this clip.

I wish I could find Stephen A. talking about that Spurs performance when said James Harden flat out quit.

And that's the thing -- you can fail in crunch time or be known for not being a clutch guy, but Harden has been so bad in this regard that the term "quit" has been associated with him multiple times.

That's REALLY bad.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I just barely found out who their GM is, and now it all makes sense....

It's Daryl Morey.

Rev

Staff member
I just barely found out who their GM is, and now it all makes sense....

It's Daryl Morey.
Yep. Have to figure that he has learned his lesson this time.

Top Bottom