MLB Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Ohtani's making me nervous being pulled from the last 2 games with cramps. The Angels are visiting Atlanta Mon-Wed and I'm going to the Wednesday game.

He's a once in a century player. Seeing him play in person is on my sports bucket list.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Is he still good?

Welp, just looked it up and a 4 era and leading the NL in home runs allowed. I hope they didn't give up too much.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Is he still good?

Welp, just looked it up and a 4 era and leading the NL in home runs allowed. I hope they didn't give up too much.
Centering on #3 prospect. Ronald Acunas little brother. He's blocked by Saeger and Simien.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Ohtani's making me nervous being pulled from the last 2 games with cramps. The Angels are visiting Atlanta Mon-Wed and I'm going to the Wednesday game.

He's a once in a century player. Seeing him play in person is on my sports bucket list.
For sure.

I already saw him with the best possible seat you could have and yet I still want to go back and see him again in a few weeks when they return to Houston.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That's awesome.

How is Camden Yards in person? Is it a nice park or an old rundown piece of shit?
I have been to Baltimore, and while I didn't get to go to a game, the stadium looked awesome.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I have been to Baltimore, and while I didn't get to go to a game, the stadium looked awesome.
Yeah, same here.

I drove by both Camden Yards and the Ravens stadium but never went into both.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
That's awesome.

How is Camden Yards in person? Is it a nice park or an old rundown piece of shit?
It's holding up well for something built in the early 90's. Concessions are plentiful and you can wear Yankee gear without provoking a fight. When the sun hits those warehouse windows, though, it can be tough to follow the game. They also made the left field fence taller a few years ago; a change we didn't care for.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
It's holding up well for something built in the early 90's. Concessions are plentiful and you can wear Yankee gear without provoking a fight. When the sun hits those warehouse windows, though, it can be tough to follow the game. They also made the left field fence taller a few years ago; a change we didn't care for.
I really like the outfield where the retail space faces the park. I didn't get to go into the stadium so I may be misremembering, but it seemed like you could sit in a restaurant type environment while watching the game.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I really like the outfield where the retail space faces the park. I didn't get to go into the stadium so I may be misremembering, but it seemed like you could sit in a restaurant type environment while watching the game.
There's a sit down restaurant in the warehouse but not the stadium. You either eat on the terrace or concourse or eat at your seat in the stands.

1bigfan13

Staff member
It's holding up well for something built in the early 90's. Concessions are plentiful and you can wear Yankee gear without provoking a fight.
I watched most of the Saturday and Sunday games and it sounded like half the stadium were Yankees fans.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
I watched most of the Saturday and Sunday games and it sounded like half the stadium were Yankees fans.
Not this year. With the O's finally being good, their fans are turning out in droves. The "Yankees suck!" chant was very loud last night.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Not this year. With the O's finally being good, their fans are turning out in droves. The "Yankees suck!" chant was very loud last night.
Well their fans must have some incredibly loud voices because whenever the Yankees made big plays the cheering was very loud.

Top Bottom