X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ravidubey View Post
    Iíve been asking what these are and no one can answer.

Does the offense require overwhelming talent for Dak to be successful?
    Well' to start:

Mobility (and not just a "running" QB, but a legit running threat )
    Accuracy while on the move
    Poise in the pocket
    Maturity, natural leader
    Good deep ball

After only 2 seasons what more do you expect?

Comment

I’ve been asking what these are and no one can answer.

You're comparing a 2nd year Prescott under very difficult circumstances to a finished product in Romo.

Romo was still fucking around and throwing away games nearly 10 years into his career, let's not act like he was a year in, year out MVP candidate throughout his career. Part of that was the fault of the team around him but some of it was on him too and I feel like in hindsight people are overemphasizing the good and glossing over the bad. He also had the benefit of not playing until his 4th year in the league, we're still 20+ games away from seeing Prescott at the same point in his career that Romo was when he started his first game.

At any rate, the point I made previously is that people need to reconcile the fact that Prescott may never be as good as Romo with the fact that even if he isn't that doesn't mean he's a guy we can't win with. The attributes PT listed are all valid and make Prescott a guy you can win with, he still has to develop obviously but I'm willing to bet on him.

Comment

I’ve been asking what these are and no one can answer.

He has excellent mobility. He reads defenses extremely well. He has elite leadership skills. He throws with very good timing and anticipation. He does a great job of buying time. Is one of the best QB's in the NFL at dealing with the blitz.

He doesn't require overwhelming talent to be successful. He just requires good protection. Something that falls apart at times. But no a past their prime WR and TE don't qualify as "overwhelming" talent. It's why I think he will actually do better this year even without them.

And oh yeah the man is clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
          He just requires good protection. Something that falls apart at times. But no a past their prime WR and TE don't qualify as "overwhelming" talent. It's why I think he will actually do better this year even without them.
          He had that talent in 2016. In 2017 he had three all-pros playing most of the year on the OL and struggled. That level of talent is an unreasonable expectation.

You have to make up for it somehow, especially as a young player.

Early on

Ben had the size, toughness, and arm.
          Peyton studied like few QBs ever had and was an elite passer
          Brees had quickness and accuracy
          Brady had insane will and late game focus
          Rodgers had everything
          Romo had a quick release and could create plays with his eyes

I love that Dak doesnít rely on his feet to run unless itís to buy time, get a first down, or score.

But thatís not enough of a differentiator. Every NFL starter has poise and can lead when things are going well.

His release is not quick, heís not especially accurate, and he doesnít create plays or setup safeties with his eyes.

Dak reads defenses when he has timeó of course he does. Every NFL caliber QB does when they have Dallas 2016 time.

And oh yeah the man is clutch.
          Not last year he wasnít.

Comment

Dak and Romo are two completely different QBs. Comparing the two is dumb. They both have their own set of unique skills. And, my god, Dak has only been here for 2 years, FFS. Pump the bust brakes already.
            2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

There are 737 people named Mike White.

Comment

Not last year he wasnít.
                And yet he still managed 9 wins and is 22-10 in terms of career record.

Comment

Originally posted by pdom View Post
                  There are 737 people named Mike White.
                  More than that I bet.

Comment

It wouldn't matter who we had playing QB, there would be the endless debate and comparison. It's funny, because the focus is on Dak vs Romo. As if Romo should still be playing, and assuming he would be 'All World' if he were. "If only Romo had this oline and Zeke, he would take us to the Promised Land"...
                    defense wins championships

Comment

Originally posted by p1_ View Post
                      It wouldn't matter who we had playing QB, there would be the endless debate and comparison. It's funny, because the focus is on Dak vs Romo. As if Romo should still be playing, and assuming he would be 'All World' if he were. "If only Romo had this oline and Zeke, he would take us to the Promised Land"...
                      I have a feeling fans are going to be mourning Romo like that for awhile. Like he was a multiple Superbowl winning QB who just never had the talent put around him to win one.

Comment

Since you brought it up, yes Romo should still be playing, and yes assuming health he'd be all world (again).

Comment

If Romo was never hurt, there's no way Dak would have wrestled the ball away from him...for one, he'd had never had the chance. NO way Romo ever comes off the field for a 4th round pick, I don't care if he had another Bufalo 5 INT game. Dak was forced into the role out of necessity.

I have no doubt Romo would have returned to 2014 form with Zeke at RB.

Comment

And yet he still managed 9 wins and is 22-10 in terms of career record.
                            He has poise. He runs the offense. Heís a leader.

That describes every NFL caliber QB.

What truly distinguishes Dak, asides from knowing how and when to use his feet?

He needs to develop that edge.

Comment

Working...
                            X