Dak Appreciation Thread

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I think as a board we tend towards being hypercritical of our QB. However, through 3 games, Dak is:
Averaging over 300 yards per game
9-2 TD to interception ratio
Ran for another TD
Has a QB rating of 128
Has won the NFC POTW
Currently is leading the league in QBR (http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr) edging even the mighty Patrick Mahomes

So, we're getting elite play from our quarterback. Yeah it's against teams that are 1-7, but screw it. You can only play the teams on your schedule.

We'll see how Dak plays against better competition but this tier-3 QB stuff appears to be total bullshit right about now.

:jerry

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
Dak has always been awesome, he's everything you want in a QB and I don't see how any fan can't love him as a player and a person.

I've only even seen 2 issues of passing accuracy and anticipation (that's a big deal for a QB I admit) which he seems to have improved upon (still high-ballin tho, imo) but all his other great attributes help make up for these two issues that are hopefully decreasing by the day and going forward

I think we're lucky as hell to have transitioned from Romo to Dak without having to experience the drought that can last decades for some teams

PS..I still think it's in his best interest to take a significantly lower deal (with huge guarantees in case he gets injured) so he can field a competitive team as long as possible. As much as I like him, I don't think he (or any QB for that matter) can drag a bunch of scrubs across the Super Bowl goal line

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

data

Forbes #1
This thread won't age well.

Through Romo's first 4 games 2007 (first full year as starter), Romo was 300 yards/game, 11 TD, 3 INT with 9.9 YPA.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
This thread won't age well.

Through Romo's first 4 games 2007 (first full year as starter), Romo was 300 yards/game, 11 TD, 3 INT with 9.9 YPA.
and then he went to cabo when he should have been cramming for the biggest game in his life, and sucked

and the next yr sucked and got blown out in Philly and he didn't seem to care

and then there was playing like crap in the playoffs in Minnesota etc etc etc

p1_

DCC 4Life
Romo was excellent and could only have dreamed of the supporting cast that Prescott now has.

I sense an agenda in play.
You think 2014 was a lesser cast?

lostxn

DCC 4Life
Romo was excellent and could only have dreamed of the supporting cast that Prescott now has.

I sense an agenda in play.
Yeah he had pretty good teams in 2014 and 2007. Got screwed mostly by poor fortune in the playoffs rather issues with his play.

Damn, Romo's QB rating in 2014 was 113.2. That's pretty fing good.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I’m relieved to see the turnaround in Prescott. His first three seasons were see saw but his start for this season is pretty stable and consistent. Unless he falls back to old habits I think he is on his way to a great career.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah he had pretty good teams in 2014 and 2007. Got screwed mostly by poor fortune in the playoffs rather issues with his play.

Damn, Romo's QB rating in 2014 was 113.2. That's pretty fing good.
Not to mention his overall performance as a quarterback is at the top in production.

Rev

Staff member
The Romo stuff belongs in the Outrage thread so take the agenda out of here. Just appreciate what you have and leave the BS in the past. They can both be good.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The Romo stuff belongs in the Outrage thread so take the agenda out of here. Just appreciate what you have and leave the BS in the past. They can both be good.
Hall monitoring?

Rev

Staff member
Hall monitoring?
Well its a tired conversation that doesnt need to be here. Romo has been gone for 3 years now and it's past time to move on. No need to bog down this thread.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

2233boys

Not So New Member
Is anyone else with me that we should sign Cooper and let Dak play on a prove it deal, franchising him if necessary next year? I like his leadership, think he is tops there. He is having a hell of season so far, just wish the first half of games would be better. We still need to run the ball more.

Rev

Staff member
Is anyone else with me that we should sign Cooper and let Dak play on a prove it deal, franchising him if necessary next year? I like his leadership, think he is tops there. He is having a hell of season so far, just wish the first half of games would be better. We still need to run the ball more.
I think you are the only one.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think his rookie season came so easy with a dominant OL/running game that he wasn't equipped to handle what ended up being an average/below average supporting cast for long periods in 2017 and 2018, not to mention an outdated offensive system. There were significant growing pains but ultimately I think going through that has helped him break out once things stabilized after the Cooper trade. What we all hoped would happen is finally happening, he's more or less turned into Russell Wilson.

Top Bottom