Redskins Stuff...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Those Josh Norman comments about not being impressed with Dak kinda feel like it's just a psychological ploy in order to entice Prescott into making riskier (dumber) throws.

If I'm Prescott I ignore the noise and keep taking advantage of those "easy" throws that "anyone can make".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Those Josh Norman comments about not being impressed with Dak kinda feel like it's just a psychological ploy in order to entice Prescott into making riskier (dumber) throws.

If I'm Prescott I ignore the noise and keep taking advantage of those "easy" throws that "anyone can make".
I think he can deal with that. Norman is trying shit that might have worked when he was actually a good corner.

He's basically doing just like Deion did as a Redskin.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think he can deal with that. Norman is trying shit that might have worked when he was actually a good corner.

He's basically doing just like Deion did as a Redskin.
Both Gallup and Cooper are skilled and fast enough to get by him on a regular basis on Sunday. I think he's going to be in for another long Sunday afternoon.

He does his best work on those routes that under 10 yards. He gets in trouble on routes beyond that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Both Gallup and Cooper are skilled and fast enough to get by him on a regular basis on Sunday. I think he's going to be in for another long Sunday afternoon.

He does his best work on those routes that under 10 yards. He gets in trouble on routes beyond that.
He still can press well enough to disrupt shorter routes. But he can be extended deep. He was not exactly the fastest guy to begin with and now that he is older, he is even slower.

I hope they have him trail Cooper. It should be fun for several reasons. First, just the man coverage on Cooper. Second, that means more for everyone else.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
So, they will be starting their 7th round rookie CB. Dak and company should have a field day.
wait, have finally gotten to the point where when something like this happens, they actually exploit the advantage because I'm still shell-shocked from the last gawd knows how many times these "sure-fire" advantageous get rammed up our asses, going all the way back to Pete Hunter as DB for the seabags in that playoff loss that sent Parcells packing

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
Unless somebody gets injured, its apparent Taco is going to sit until they trade him.

Hill inactive doesn't surprise me. He isn't ready.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Unless somebody gets injured, its apparent Taco is going to sit until they trade him.

Hill inactive doesn't surprise me. He isn't ready.
This narrative that they are just sitting him in order to better orchestrate a trade is laughable. That is not what teams do.

The longer they hold onto him, the less value he has. It just puts it out there that they don't even trust the player to be on the field to help them win a football game.

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
This narrative that they are just sitting him in order to better orchestrate a trade is laughable. That is not what teams do.

The longer they hold onto him, the less value he has. It just puts it out there that they don't even trust the player to be on the field to help them win a football game.
I don't think they are doing it to better orchestrate a trade, I think they don't want him to get hurt.

But to Werder's point, sitting him for two games when you have two other suspended DE's (especially after week ones game with virtually no pass rush to speak of) does not help the cause.

Obviously none of us sees what goes on there behind the scenes every day, but from strictly a talent standpoint now he is a better player than Crawford IMO, and he should be playing ahead of him.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
A smart team would just wait for the Cowboys to release him. The Skins tried to trade their bust, Josh Doctson, on cutdown weekend. No such luck.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah you want to make him have trade value play the fucker.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Yeah you want to make him have trade value play the fucker.
Unless you put him out there and he doesn't do anything. Then you've hurt both his trade value and the team.

I don't think "showcasing" for trades happens much in the NFL, especially on good teams. That's more a baseball/basketball thing, and even then it's more for teams who aren't going anywhere or are playing such a bad team they feel they can afford to do it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Problem is, you play him you might lose. It is very clear they simply don't trust him.
You saw the way our RE's played against the Giants and you think Taco may cause us to lose? What's he going to do, let Barkley run for 70 yards at him more than once? Not get any sacks or pressure like the other guys?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unless you put him out there and he doesn't do anything. Then you've hurt both his trade value and the team.

I don't think "showcasing" for trades happens much in the NFL, especially on good teams. That's more a baseball/basketball thing, and even then it's more for teams who aren't going anywhere or are playing such a bad team they feel they can afford to do it.
I'm not sure how anyone can see how the RE's looked against the Giants and think that he will somehow hurt the team out there. Maybe he does nothing of significance. Is that any worse than what Crawford and the others did? I mean come on. You guys are talking like he is going to go out there and carry the other teams RB for TDs.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Not sure how a single DE can lose a game. Maybe a late hit that keeps a drive going? Otherwise, pretty rare.

Top Bottom