PFT: Ezekiel Elliott has privately said that he’s planning a training-camp*holdout

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
And Jaylon? So soon?

As of the last 3 years (comparing to Zeke), Jaylon has been on a comeback to normalcy, much less playing at a sustained high level on a par with Zeke. Last year was outstanding, but 2 seasons ago, he was a serious liability you may recall.
I don't personally think he's the best linebacker in the league but he's close enough that he could easily have leveraged his abilities to get more than he did.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The point is he could have leveraged his elite abilities but didn't.
I misinterpreted then. I thought you were talking about the best at his position right now. With back issues Im not sure that he is.

p1_

DCC 4Life
You're thinking about him now. And even with his issues, he's still in the argument of being one of the top tackles.

When he signed his deal, he was still pretty healthy.
One thing to consider, linemen typically have longer careers than RBs.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The problem with saying “He’s the best so he should be paid the most,” is that this isn’t a capitalist system. There is an artificial salary cap in place.

If he has a conceptualization of winning, it should be about more than “getting his due respect by getting paid the most.”

dbair1967

DCC 4Life
I don't see how he "took us for everything" His cap charges are very manageable and as many of the contract experts have chimed in, the deal is really a 4 yr deal.

The salary cap is going to continue to rise and we have a shit ton of space. They kept a great YOUNG player with a nice mid range (term) deal.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Young and impactful

Only downside to Zeke is he makes Garrett even more lazy and risk-averse than he already is

Top Bottom