2017 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
The stupidity of this team knows no fucking limits.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't get the anger if Moore is third string. So what?
Agree. The vexation was more at not securing Rush at the second spot than Moore being retained at a lesser position in the scheme of things.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He's not going to be 3rd string. They brought him back to be the backup QB, which makes absolutely no sense.

Rush proved that he's a better QB but these idiots still prefer Moore simply because he has more experience. Experience at sucking, but experience. :picard

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't know that it's a given Moore will be the backup.

Even if he is, it probably never becomes an issue until Rush is ready.

I give them credit for identifying that Rush is essentially the better player. If they go with Moore it's because Linehan, like many coaches including Parcells, rely on veteran experience like a crutch sometimes.

Like every other coach in the league does this to some extent so it's not really worth complaining about. I think since they clearly identified Rush as a player they can't risk losing, it means they would only be holding Moore over him till they felt Rush was ready. My guess would be, not long. They threw Prescott to the wolves last year despite having Sanchez.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He's not going to be 3rd string. They brought him back to be the backup QB, which makes absolutely no sense.

Rush proved that he's a better QB but these idiots still prefer Moore simply because he has more experience. Experience at sucking, but experience. :picard
The entire experience thing is stupid to me. If you want experience, hire his ass a coach. You don't use a roster spot for advice.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I give them credit for identifying that Rush is essentially the better player.
They didn't do that. They were scared about him being claimed.

They are incapable of making a real decision. Garrett is a vacillating twerp.

But make no mistake, Moore will be back on this team.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'd rather use that roster spot at another position. Give me another Olineman. A special teams LBer. Another DB. Pretty much anything.

A 3rd string QB should be for somebody you're trying to develop. Moore has hit his ceiling. And that sucker is pretty low.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I would rather use it elsewhere too... but there have been years we've cut guys I really like in favor of the numbers game. That didn't happen this year. I get that we'd like an extra depth lineman or something, but you'd think based on the reaction here we'd just cut Xavier Woods for him or something.

I would have been pissed if we kept him over Rush because of "veteran QB needed." We didn't.

Once we made that smart move, I am not flipping out that Moore is on the roster. Not my preference, but no big deal.

p1_

DCC 4Life
They didn't do that. They were scared about him being claimed.

They are incapable of making a real decision. Garrett is a vacillating twerp.

But make no mistake, Moore will be back on this team.
the point being, they had zero fear of Moore being claimed .

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
the point being, they had zero fear of Moore being claimed .
Yeah it should tell you something when no other NFL team has interest in Kellen Moore. If you have absolutely no fear another team will snag the guy than why are you so eager to sign him to the active roster?

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't know that it's a given Moore will be the backup.

Even if he is, it probably never becomes an issue until Rush is ready.

I give them credit for identifying that Rush is essentially the better player. If they go with Moore it's because Linehan, like many coaches including Parcells, rely on veteran experience like a crutch sometimes.

Like every other coach in the league does this to some extent so it's not really worth complaining about. I think since they clearly identified Rush as a player they can't risk losing, it means they would only be holding Moore over him till they felt Rush was ready. My guess would be, not long. They threw Prescott to the wolves last year despite having Sanchez.
That they wanted both but were willing to risk losing Moore to get Gathers on the IR tells me all I need to know. Moore is clearly a short term stop gap at best, and probably just a veteran mentor to our other two QBs who have a total of 1 year of NFL experience.

Cotton

Staff member

Switzer slated to return kickoffs and punts.

Notice, Moore is at the QB2 position.

dallen

Senior Tech
luhEL? Not lieEL? I've been wrong this whole time.

dallen

Senior Tech

He's ok

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Scandrick as a captain seems weird. And no Frederick.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Scandrick as a captain seems weird. And no Frederick.
They asked to have 7 captains to include Frederick but NFL said 6 is max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom