Wildcard Round 2018 Game Day Chatter | Seahawks at Cowboys | 01-05-19

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Troy implied that Dak was to blame for starting the play before Noah Brown was fully set. Buy it?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Yeah, there was some seriously dirty football played last night by them.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Late to the party here but I don't just offer a few quick thoughts on last night's game.

First, just enjoy the damn win. I've been as pessimistic a fan as you will find in recent years but I'm very happy with that win. A young team that is still forming its identity and trying to figure out who they are as a team got what I believe is a very crucial early playoff win in their careers.

I think this is something they can build on and use as a stepping stone to some bigger and better things in the future. But I can't stress enough how big I thought tasting some early postseason success would be for this team.

Now that they have, I'm hoping that they can avoid those heartbreaking losses an infamous choke jobs of the Tony Romo era Cowboys.

That was a good win against a solid football team and I take nothing but positives from it.

I've also been very hard on Dak Prescott but I got to give the guy some credit because he is just a flat-out winner. I don't know if that intangible will be enough to overcome his shortcomings as a passer (see the awful interception in the end zone), but man this guy just has that special something.

That scramble on 3rd and 14 is one of the all-time clutch playoff plays in Cowboys history and that is saying something.

Hopefully we can get some better coaching for him next season that can help him to develop some of those other things at least to the point where they don't occur as often as they do now, but he does have one quality that you cannot teach and that is at the guy just lives for big moments and you have to tip your hat to him over it.

And lastly, it really is a shame that we are stuck with Jason Garrett. yes the interception was an awful throw on a simple play, but that play should have never been called for that particular player but you could see it from the very beginning that this stupid staff was intent on doing something that they have done many times before -- trying to force an average player into the game plan for no real reason whatsoever.

You could see it from the beginning of the game that Noah Brown was a guy they wanted to play a crucial role in the game last night and I cannot understand for the life of me why that is. we have the best running back football and arguably the hottest receiver in football in yet that was the best play we could come up with with a chance to put the game away?

We just have to accept that this team will always have to try to win in spite of its head coach.

But for now I will definitely enjoy the win and I look forward to watching them play a game that I never thought they would be playing in next week.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Ravens offense is basically hand offs to the RBs, Lamar Jackson runs, and passes to the TEs.

Stop one of those three things and you've shut down the Ravens offense.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Gordon is back in the game.

Cotton

Staff member
I will be rooting for the Eagles today.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The Ravens offense is basically hand offs to the RBs, Lamar Jackson runs, and passes to the TEs.

Stop one of those three things and you've shut down the Ravens offense.
yep. pretty boring.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I can't say I will be rooting for them but it sure as hell won't bother me if they win.

I want to to go to LA.
You dont need philly to win in order to go to LA. Just get a plane ticket.

Cotton

Staff member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Cotton

Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Damn it's nice to still care about football. Usually by now I've had to turn my attention to the Senior Bowl and draft.

Top Bottom