Poll: What If...

Poll: What If...

• Total voters

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Dak can be a bus driver until we find another qb, and there's a chance he could prosper under a different offensive staff...but that would not stop me from looking for a franchise guy by any means necessary.
Yep, look at the Chiefs. They could have consistently made the playoffs standing pat with Alex Smith but took the chance when they had it and got Mahomes

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Not worth it. Each season’ each year, is special. Rant never knew he was watching his last playoff game.

Garrett may never be fired, or Jerry may hire someone even worse.

We all know we will have to win in spite of the Joneses, Garrett, and now Dak.

Hirings like McClay and Richard give me hope.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Where did you get this idea? I haven't seen anybody with this line of thinking.
Because he said Garrett has to go OR Dak has to go. My point was why get rid of Dak but not Garrett? Garrett isn't going to succeed with a new QB.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Because he said Garrett has to go OR Dak has to go. My point was why get rid of Dak but not Garrett? Garrett isn't going to succeed with a new QB.
Oh, ok. I missed that.

Yeah, no point in getting rid of Dak if you're keeping the same horse shit coaching. Dak might still be saved with decent coaching. Those other clowns would fuck up John Elway in his prime.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
I think throwing Dak away is like throwing the baby out with the bathwater. He really hasn't been bad and frankly it's impossible to judge him while having this terrible coaching staff in place. Not saying I'm ready to lock Dak up long term but I'd give him a shot with a real offensive coordinator and coaching staff. He's actually shown some ability even if it isn't as much as we would all like.

As far as Garrett or Dak. What the point in replacing Dak and not Garrett? Garrett would just drive the next QB into the ground. I'm not sure why anyone has any faith that Garrett would help a QB to succeed.
They missed the part where I said I'd rather all three go at this point. And the problem with Dak for me is he has bad habits that a 3rd year should be getting over by now. He's loose with the football, fumbles too much, hasn't learned not to hold the ball too long, and when he misses, he misses inexplicably and usually badly. 5 game win streak the offense was still atrocious and it didn't change my mind. Keep him through next year since you don't have a 1st, but don't extend him, and be ready to draft a QB the following year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Because we've been witness to what it leads to the last 10-11 years with Garrett here. Regardless of if we're the 1 seed or the 6. Garrett's a do nothing coach. Just good enough to get there, then get shown the exit early. If we knew taking a step back could lead to taking three steps forward, that is what we should want. No point in marching in place.

As a fan, we should want more. We're not Cleveland or Detroit. Mediocrity shouldn't be something we strive for.
Fuckin' A right.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Getting rid of Garrett is no guarentee that things will automatically get better but even if that is an honorable pursuit why not take an opportunity to get to the playoffs when the chance avails itself. That is after all the first priority of a team sport. Win and get to compete for a trophy.
There has to come a time where you get out of the loop. I mean doing the exact same thing year after year and expecting different results is just crazy. You are correct in that the trophy is every teams goal but after so many years seeing the same result it should tell you something. Sometimes your team just needs a little extra to get over the hump. Some staffs can get their team to perform under pressure. This is coaching staff that had to ask Amari Cooper for cool plays.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
For the most part I dont consider making the playoffs mediocrity.
It's not mediocrity. I mean at the start of every regular season the first goal you have is to win enough games to make the playoffs. Ultimately you want to win a Superbowl but you can't do that if you don't make the playoffs. So any time you have a chance to make it to the playoffs that's what you want to do. Of course if you can't make the playoffs you're better off losing games as opposed to hallow victories but that's another story.

Anyway, I hope we beat the Bucs. We really need to put this thing to rest and be able to rest some guys the last week of the season.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There has to come a time where you get out of the loop. I mean doing the exact same thing year after year and expecting different results is just crazy. You are correct in that the trophy is every teams goal but after so many years seeing the same result it should tell you something. Sometimes your team just needs a little extra to get over the hump. Some staffs can get their team to perform under pressure. This is coaching staff that had to ask Amari Cooper for cool plays.
That’s a position a lot of people take and as I indicated it’s an honorable approach but this time of the year if my team has a chance to compete for the trophy I am always going to be for that to be the priority. The Eagles won the whole thing last year with a backup QB so who really knows how things can sift out. I point to the playoffs as being the immediate goal.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
To me the wisest move is to keep Dak at his current salary, and see if he can step up between now and the end of the 2019 season. I think any kind of extension before then could be self destructive for our future.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Because they playoffs don't mean anything with Carrot as coach, especially in mediocre division. It's just one notch up from mediocre if all you do is lose in the first round. Carrot's already done that. It's all he'll ever do.
Which is why I think he should be fired if he can't make it to the NFC title game. He's already maxed out his potential in Dallas, IMO. Why allow him to hang around and waste the prime years of the next generation of great young Cowboy players.

1bigfan13

Staff member
To me the wisest move is to keep Dak at his current salary, and see if he can step up between now and the end of the 2019 season. I think any kind of extension before then could be self destructive for our future.
I'm interested in seeing if these fools are really going to hand Dak a large contract. Unfortunately I think he's going to be paid north of $16M per year. Pretty much every full time starting QB who's not working on a rookie deal is making well over that amount.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Why would they do that when they get another year from him essentially for free?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Why would they do that when they get another year from him essentially for free?
I'm not taking about in 2019. I'm talking about a contract extension in 2020.

Top Bottom