X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    At this point, Garrett's bigger issue is not winning in the playoffs.... not "missing the playoffs."
    Hasn't he missed the playoffs five out of seven years?
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

Comment

• Originally posted by mschmidt64 View Post
      He would have been out of chances a long time ago if he hadn't had some well-timed 12-4 and 13-3 seasons, but it's really hard to fire a guy after that kind of year, and then it's also hard to fire him when YOU LOSE YOUR STARTING QB for the whole year.

That being said I think a backslide season without some sort of pretty significant valid excuse (like Prescott going down for the year in week 2), will end up costing him his job.

On the other hand, if we go 10-6, he's probably not getting fired.

Do we really have "superior talent"? I mean, for one, you and I would both agree that Prescott has a lot of room to grow. The WRs suck. The defense, before this year, has been atrociously average or worse.

Our talent probably falls mostly in line with the other teams that are averaging 9-10 wins a year over the past 4 years.

The two losses in the divisional round to Aaron Rodgers sting and he has to get over that hump at some point.
      I'm not convinced we have superior talent this year generally; I was referring to the 2014 & 2016 seasons really. We do have superior talent in a few places even this year though. Particularly at RB, LB, and O-line.

I agree with you, in that I don't think Garrett is out of chances this season unless he wins less than 8 or 9 games. But unless we make a deep playoff run he should be.

Rodgers didn't make the super bowl either of those years so he's great of course but he's certainly beatable.

Comment

• 2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Dodged a bullet there.
          #Fire Garrett

Comment

• I would have hated the trade up for Lynch. Never understood the love for that guy.

Comment

• Did you guys see the stuff they were flagging players for over that idiotic new helmet rule? There were some flat out embarrassing calls being made last night.

In a couple of them the offensive player clearly lowers his head and initiates the contact but the defensive player received the penalty.

Another one looked like the normal tackle that you'd encourage Pop Warner kids to emulate and they still threw the flag.

And just like I feared, defensive players are the only ones being punished with this new rule. Offensive players continue to lower their head initiating contact and nothing is called.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bigfan13 View Post
                Did you guys see the stuff they were flagging players for over that idiotic new helmet rule? There were some flat out embarrassing calls being made last night.

In a couple of them the offensive player clearly lowers his head and initiates the contact but the defensive player received the penalty.

Another one looked like the normal tackle that you'd encourage Pop Warner kids to emulate and they still threw the flag.

And just like I feared, defensive players are the only ones being punished with this new rule. Offensive players continue to lower their head initiating contact and nothing is called.
                I am not yet freaking out. I think they will come to their senses after making a "statement" in preseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by boozeman View Post
                  I am not yet freaking out. I think they will come to their senses after making a "statement" in preseason.
                  I hope that's the case. Honestly, I don't think the refs are sure of what to look for. It looks like they are guessing on a lot of these and simply throwing the flag to cover their ass for when they're graded.

This is nothing more than another subjective penalty heaped upon a sport whose rule book already has entirely too many subjective penalties.

During one play last night it looked like all 7 officials huddled up for about a minute to discuss whether or not a leading with the helmet violation had occurred.

IMO, they shouldn't throw the flag unless it's obvious. If you have to debate it among your peers then pick up the damn flag.

Comment

• Wow.
                    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Genghis Khan View Post
                      I would have hated the trade up for Lynch. Never understood the love for that guy.
                      He was 12th on the Cowboys' draft board.

Comment

• Originally posted by bbgun View Post
                        He was 12th on the Cowboys' draft board.
                        I liked him. But I'm thrilled we got Dak instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamtdg View Post

Wow.
                          For a franchise rebuilding it makes no sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                            For a franchise rebuilding it makes no sense.
                            It doesn’t make sense because he’s Jacoby fucking Brissett.
                            No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by Plan9Misfit View Post
                              It doesn’t make sense because he’s Jacoby fucking Brissett.
                              Also the Colts are retarded for not snatching that up right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
                                Also the Colts are retarded for not snatching that up right away.
                                Totally agree.
                                No Pat McQuistan = No Super Bowl. It's that simple.

Comment

Working...
                                X