The Moving Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
mine is not 6k and Im scared to see what Crock house looks like if his wife hoards like mine does.
I got a great deal on it right before covid hit. I could probably only get 2500 square feet for that price now. But it's like my wife buys and stores decorations in case it works at some point in the future.

Plus 3 kids and toys ands up too. I want to pitch all the toys and start fresh so badly. My sons amount of match box cars alone is out of hand.

Did I mention the electric bill heating the place can be stupid expensive during the winter?

Last edited:

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
But it's like my wife buys and stores decorations in case it works at some point in the future.

Man, I feel that. My wife has like 100 holiday decorations in the attic that she never touches but every year she'll buy more.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Man, I feel that. My wife has like 100 holiday decorations in the attic that she never touches but every year she'll buy more.
I swear, we have just generic decorations that have never been used. But they may go with some design idea she has some day. Women. I get no joy out of this stuff.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I swear, we have just generic decorations that have never been used. But they may go with some design idea she has some day. Women. I get no joy out of this stuff.
I have gotten my daughter to start saying, "Women, amirite?" when my wife does something. My wife just laughs and laughs and laughs (she doesn't laugh)

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Tell me you got a decent interest rate.
Hell no. Did a 2-1 buydown so the interest rate is manageable for 2 years though. Counting on rates coming down a bit within the next 24 months so I can refinance.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Yeah I want to downsize some day but it's terrifying. My wife has so much stuff in like a 6000 square foot house, to the point that she has shit stored at my office too.

But then complains the house is too big to keep clean...
Look at Richie rich over here with a 6000 square foot house

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hell no. Did a 2-1 buydown so the interest rate is manageable for 2 years though. Counting on rates coming down a bit within the next 24 months so I can refinance.
Yeah, problem is that there is no guarantee of that. When I bought this one, all the realtors were all like, well by the middle of the year, they will drop. Bullshit.

Cotton

Staff member
Best money I ever spent was hiring a moving company when we moved into this house. We still had to do all the packing (I wasn't going to pay them to do that) but they moved all the big shit. It was awesome.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Big houses aren't all they are hyped up to be. Everyone ends up spending all their time in the same room anyway.
Yeah. We went from 4000 down to 1950. Big thing is the loss of storage and the lack of junk rooms.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
Big houses aren't all they are hyped up to be. Everyone ends up spending all their time in the same room anyway.
We're just giving you shit, man. That's awesome that you bought a house that big. I'm sure we all wish we'd bought as much real estate as we could back in 2019 before prices skyrocketed.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Yeah I want to downsize some day but it's terrifying. My wife has so much stuff in like a 6000 square foot house, to the point that she has shit stored at my office too.

But then complains the house is too big to keep clean...
I literally live in 2 rooms. We have a 20x24 movie theater room with 8 chairs I believe I’ve sat in maybe 2 times the entire year. I spend more time out in my garage/shop area.

Big houses are overrated and a SOB to keep clean, no matter if you are paying someone to do it or not.

I actually had to build a much bigger house than I wanted because I had 2 Yankees decide to jump in and set the tone on the culdesac I’m on. 1 built a 8900 SF house, one built a 7000 SF house. Both of them are retired attorneys.
I went somewhere in the middle but with my lanai and my extra shop/garage area my footprint is actually bigger at around 9700 SF under roof.

:robowink

So in other words, fuck those Yankees.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We're just giving you shit, man. That's awesome that you bought a house that big. I'm sure we all wish we'd bought as much real estate as we could back in 2019 before prices skyrocketed.
Yeah it was pure luck. I definitely had no idea when I bought it the housing market would go crazy. But I won't be moving again until my kids are much older.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have a 20x24 movie theater room with 8 chairs I believe I’ve sat in maybe 2 times the entire year.
Yeah I love my theater room too but it barely gets used. We just don't watch that much TV or movies. I'll watch games in there because of the surround sound but that's about it.

Genghis Khan

Dude, we have 3 fucking trees. And we only put one up every year.

We used to have 3 trees also and only got rid of them (and bought yet another new one) when we moved a couple years ago.

What the frick is this shit?

At least I know I'm not alone. :lol

Genghis Khan

Best money I ever spent was hiring a moving company when we moved into this house. We still had to do all the packing (I wasn't going to pay them to do that) but they moved all the big shit. It was awesome.

Oh hell yes. I moved myself (with family and friends help) probably about 8 different times throughout my life. One time I got movers and I've never not done it since.

It's expensive but so worth it.

Cotton

Staff member
We used to have 3 trees also and only got rid of them (and bought yet another new one) when we moved a couple years ago.

What the frick is this shit?

At least I know I'm not alone. :lol
Dude, I have an entire shed (separate from the barn) full of almost all Christmas decorations and craft shit. And that doesn't even count an entire room in the house dedicated to craft shit.

Top Bottom