NBA Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think PJ Washington might be the shit.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I think PJ Washington might be the shit.
I didn't think that SOB had another game like that in him. OKC is going to have to adjust their defensive rotations and stop leaving him open in the corner.

Someone else is going to have to leave their man when they double Luka because PJ is destroying them whenever he's left open.

Overall I thought yesterday's game was very entertaining. That game was a throwback to 90s basketball. They are beating the hell out of each other. The Thunder are giving Luka some of that medicine that the Pistons used to give to Jordan.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I don't think that SOB had another game like that in him. OKC is going to have to adjust their defensive rotations and stop leaving him open in the corner.

Someone else is going to have to leave their man when they double Luka because PJ is destroying them whenever he's left open.

Overall I thought yesterday's game was very entertaining. That game was a throwback to 90s basketball. They are beating the hell out of each other. The Thunder are giving Luka some of that medicine that the Pistons used to give to Jordan.
It was a very physical game and the refs let them play. I liked it.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't think that SOB had another game like that in him. OKC is going to have to adjust their defensive rotations and stop leaving him open in the corner.

Also, if you adjust your defensive rotations Luka or Kyrie will kill you.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Also, if you adjust your defensive rotations Luka or Kyrie will kill you.
I'd still double Luka. What I'm saying is whoever is guarding PJ Washington can't leave him wide open to double Luka. I'd send one of the other three defenders.

So far this series Kyrie's taken a backseat to PJ and Luka in the 1st half and has taken over later in the game. I'd try switching things up just to freeze PJ out. OKC can survive Kyrie and Luka getting 30 ppg each.....in fact we expected that coming in. But what can't happen is for a common role player like PJ Washington chipping in 28 ppg as well. That's what's killing them.

Cotton

Staff member
I'd still double Luka. What I'm saying is whoever is guarding PJ Washington can't leave him wide open to double Luka. I'd send one of the other three defenders.

So far this series Kyrie's taken a backseat to PJ and Luka in the 1st half and has taken over later in the game. I'd try switching things up just to freeze PJ out. OKC can survive Kyrie and Luka getting 30 ppg each.....in fact we expected that coming in. But what can't happen is for a common role player like PJ Washington chipping in 28 ppg as well. That's what's killing them.
PJ broke out very soon after this happened...

1bigfan13

Staff member
He's a solid role player but he is playing WAAAAY over his head right now. Even after joining the Mavs he only averaged roughly 12 ppg.

He's only a 32% shooter from 3-point range but he's hitting 54% of his threes this series on 9 attempts per game. That would be a crazy high rate even for an elite shooter like Steph.

Cotton

Staff member
He's a solid role player but he is playing WAAAAY over his head right now. Even after joining the Mavs he only averaged roughly 12 ppg.

He's only a 32% shooter from 3-point range but he's hitting 54% of his threes this series on 9 attempts per game. That would be a crazy high rate even for an elite shooter like Steph.
I expect Kyrie to take off at some point.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is the shit I've been talking about all postseason.

The Knicks lost by 32, yet had 31 free throw attempts to the Pacers 8.

The way they ref the Knicks is insane.

I don't care that much whether the refs call it tight or let them play, just call it evenly on both sides.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Pistons have zero luck in the lottery. Fucked out of perhaps the greatest prospect in history last year and will pick 5 again this year. :lol

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Pistons have zero luck in the lottery. Fucked out of perhaps the greatest prospect in history last year and will pick 5 again this year. :lol
The lottery is fixed, so of course they were.

I predicted that the Spurs would get the 1 like 6 months beforehand when it was obvious that Wembenyama was a generational prospect.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
This is the shit I've been talking about all postseason.

The Knicks lost by 32, yet had 31 free throw attempts to the Pacers 8.
:lol Wow.

They were just "more aggressive"... or something.

Top Bottom