Must See Movies

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I watched it last night and agree with everything you said.

It took me a few minutes to believe it was actually Zac Efron, and then when I did, I couldn't believe that they didn't somehow CGI his head onto that body. I never thought he was built like that.
So as someone who didn't really know anything about the Von Erich's I watched it last night and holy crap it was depressing. Really well done and interesting but the level of tragedy in that family was depressing to see. And that's even with some of the tragic events being glossed over.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
So as someone who didn't really know anything about the Von Erich's I watched it last night and holy crap it was depressing. Really well done and interesting but the level of tragedy in that family was depressing to see. And that's even with some of the tragic events being glossed over.
They had some rough luck. This era was when I was watching wrestling and I was a huge Von Erich fan. Really hated the Freebirds so much that I couldn't listen to the song. Guess they did there jobs real well then.

Irving Cowboy

DCC 4Life
I grew up in the Pacific Northwest so I was pretty limited in what we saw outside of Don Owens' Portland Wrestling with Buddy Rose, Billy Jack Haynes, Rip Oliver, Dynamite Kid, etc. But I do remember picking up the magazines back then and reading about the Von Erichs.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
There was actually another brother that was never acknowledged in the movie named Chris who killed himself in the early 90s as well.

That family had a lot of issues.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I grew up in the Pacific Northwest so I was pretty limited in what we saw outside of Don Owens' Portland Wrestling with Buddy Rose, Billy Jack Haynes, Rip Oliver, Dynamite Kid, etc. But I do remember picking up the magazines back then and reading about the Von Erichs.
I grew up in Texas and Oklahoma and the Von Erichs were just as big as Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan to wrestling fans in that region.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There was actually another brother that was never acknowledged in the movie named Chris who killed himself in the early 90s as well.

That family had a lot of issues.
Yeah I read that online. After the four brothers died in the movie I was like well fuck now I need to Wikipedia them. That really is some cursed shit. I can't even fathom losing one child.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I grew up in Texas and Oklahoma and the Von Erichs were just as big as Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan to wrestling fans in that region.
Yep, they were huge here. Easily my favorite wrestling group.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This new Dune is even harder to deal with than than the first one.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This new Dune is even harder to deal with than than the first one.
I feel like if you haven't read the books the movie would be a confusing mess. I liked the movie but I wonder if it's just because I liked the books.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
You are exposing her to the hateful and unapolgetic side of things.

Bad father.
I have never sheltered my kids. I don't plan to start now.

• Props
Reactions: P_T

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I watched The Godfather for the first time from start to finish while I was preparing our meal today.

Uhh…I don’t get it.

Top Bottom