Great Comedians Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The episode Larry David mentioned as his favorite is so great considering this whole Palestine thing now.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I know of two on that list. Burr is a little more toned down and if you are talking about Louis C.K. he got cancelled.
Shane Gillis has a special on Netflix that I watched the other day that is funny as hell. It's called Beautiful Dogs.

And as Gengh mentioned, he has absolutely no filter.

gp_cowpolk

DCC 4Life
I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so
I sat down and had a cold beer.
The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.
My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing,
and I said, "Nothing."
The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?"
At that moment, I would have needed to clarify that men ponder deeply on diverse subjects, sparking further inquiries.
Finally I pondered an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?
Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question.
Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion:
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
But you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
I rest my case.
Time for another beer. Then maybe a nap.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

I want to know who this comic is now. That is what comedy is supposed to look like.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I want to know who this comic is now. That is what comedy is supposed to look like.

David Lucas. He's funny and a bit of a loose cannon but I'm conflicted about him because I am fully behind him saying this shit but on the other hand he apologized for it which I don't think he should have. Then again I've heard him talk about it recently and he doesn't seem apologetic about it at all which is good.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
David Lucas. He's funny and a bit of a loose cannon but I'm conflicted about him because I am fully behind him saying this shit but on the other hand he apologized for it which I don't think he should have. Then again I've heard him talk about it recently and he doesn't seem apologetic about it at all which is good.
If he wants a future, then I would have advised him to apologize in a public fashion. Then I would expect him to bad mouth the hecklers. Now comes the challenge. Is he prepared to deal with heckling and handle it every night? I thought he handled this one extremely well.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
If he wants a future, then I would have advised him to apologize in a public fashion. Then I would expect him to bad mouth the hecklers. Now comes the challenge. Is he prepared to deal with heckling and handle it every night? I thought he handled this one extremely well.

He's very good with comebacks so yeah he'll be fine with that.

As far as apologizing I think the ones who do better after cancel culture comes for them don't apologize. Tony Hinchcliffe for example.

Lucas now says he apologized to Floyd's family but not for the joke, but I think there's little distinction between the two so it's a bit disappointing.

Thorn

The Homo Depot
As far as apologizing I think the ones who do better after cancel culture comes for them don't apologize. Tony Hinchcliffe for example.

Lucas now says he apologized to Floyd's family but not for the joke, but I think there's little distinction between the two so it's a bit disappointing.
Correct. Cancel culture types are not looking for a discussion or an apology. They want blood. They need everything to cater to their lifestyle choices and views and will demand someone be fired, blacklisted and ruined.

If anything, you reply and say that you spoke with Floyd's family.

It's comedy. I don't much care for comedy that punches down but that's my personal preference. Just because I may not like a joke doesn't mean I have any fucking right to lose my shit and dig up 12 year old tweets from a drunk night to try and damage someone's career.

If someone is doing something you don't like, don't watch. That's it. It's that simple. I'm not going to go out of my way to listen to something that clashes with my world view and then be outraged about it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Correct. Cancel culture types are not looking for a discussion or an apology. They want blood. They need everything to cater to their lifestyle choices and views and will demand someone be fired, blacklisted and ruined.

If anything, you reply and say that you spoke with Floyd's family.

It's comedy. I don't much care for comedy that punches down but that's my personal preference. Just because I may not like a joke doesn't mean I have any fucking right to lose my shit and dig up 12 year old tweets from a drunk night to try and damage someone's career.

If someone is doing something you don't like, don't watch. That's it. It's that simple. I'm not going to go out of my way to listen to something that clashes with my world view and then be outraged about it.
Spot on.

Top Bottom